Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm realzing with Scarlet Spear that my frames are all CC focused...

xcrimsonlegendx

...and sentients don't give a crap about any of my abilities.

My favorites include Nidus, Grendel and Vauban. I just enjoy their playstyles and their personality/character. I'm working on my second year on Warframe, I've had a pretty good time with CC focused frames, only a few enemies are able to totally negate my powers and its understandable but now I've come to a point where I'm just not having fun with this content. I can't build stacks with Nidus when the entire enemy faction is immune to my larva, good luck hitting more than one of them with virulence when they're flying all over the place with no way to stop them. Grendel, I used to eat a few of them to get buffs/armor and take them out of the fight making the remainder manageable then spitting them out to fight them on my terms but now (after the nerf they just magically poof out of my belly after about 8 seconds) you can forget all of that. Oh and if you try to eat them again, they just slip back out instantly. I honestly think the only sentients I can manipulate with my powers are the damn stick-bugs that couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

I've put a lot of time and effort into these frames, I've spent days farming/leveling, excessive plat for parts/forma/boosters/etc, I've put a lot into them and now I'm finding that they're basically useless for current and future content because the new faction makes them completely worthless. The only thing I can do is try to use an OP weapon and hope for the best, any identity my frames had that made them fun is gone when fighting sentients. I might as well select my loadout at random because the experience is going to be pretty much the same. Sorry to rant but its a crappy feeling when you load up a new event and pretty much all of the characters you dedicated your effort into leveling are just dead weight.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx

40 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I've spent days farming/leveling, excessive plat for parts/forma/boosters/etc, I've put a lot into them and now I'm finding that they're basically useless for current and future content

This may not be thes best solution but it's a cheap one for now.

limbob.jpg

82 second Cataclysm and Sentient are frozen while his 2 is active

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:
Spoiler

This may not be thes best solution but it's a cheap one for now.

limbob.jpg

82 second Cataclysm and Sentient are frozen while his 2 is active

I appreciate the effort, I do own limbo but personally I cannot stand his playstyle. It just sucks to have to find a cheap workaround because your effort has been invalidated. Hell, maybe I'll give him another try just for the sake of making event progress but its upsetting nonetheless.

23 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I've spent days farming/leveling, excessive plat for parts/forma/boosters/etc, I've put a lot into them and now I'm finding that they're basically useless for current and future content

if thats not fun to you why play the game? if thats fun to you, why complain

My avalanche Frost does pretty well protecting the objective and keeping the sentients on lockdown. Of course, thats more my playstyle, because I enjoy arbitration excavations so its not so far removed from ground team. Sometimes though, I'll just take my fashionframe Excal into a Ground mission, because any serious DPS I'm doing is being done with specific weapons, not warframes.

Take that same frost, and he's close to useless in ESO....so some frames are just naturally a better fit for certain game modes than others. 

Best thing I've found, is finding a set or array of frames/weapons for certain gamemodes that I enjoy. Time for railjack? Better believe I'm gonna slingshot with Loki. Is that an excavator? My boy Frost is here. Did nightwave just say Day Trader? C'mon Excalibro, its your time to shine. Crap, I still have focus to earn? Ok Saryn, get your scream on girl.Nighttime in Cetus? Ol' Volt's a comin'.

You get my point though. I hope it helps you find something that you like about Scarlet Spear.

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I'll preface my advice by saying that what you want (CC frames to be more valid) isn't a bad thing. there was a time, mainly when Raids were around, that CC and locking down the entire map was king. but over time, the game has shifted to modes that focus on maximum killing efficiency, which so happens to be the realm of the DPS frames. in other team games, anyone can be a braindead DPS, but without a decent healer or tank to back them up, they're just running a suicide mission, but in warframe, pretty much all frames are expected to deal some degree of damage.

my main advice to you: try out a few DPS frames and serious builds, and even if you don't find one you love, you should find one you can tolerate, so at the very least if you are playing content where your favourite frames are struggling, you have a fall-back DPS frame to get the job done that isn't going to annoy you. we all have different preferences: some like Saryn, others like Mesa, other others like Excalibur etc. there's definitely something out there for you, you just have to find it.

CC are still viable, why kill when you can lock down the area and finish without firing a single bullet?

Sentient able to come out from Grendel's belly? Swallow them all like no tomorrow

DPS is not too important if what you need to do is holding an area and DPS will eventually get swarmed and unable to fight back while CC keep the fight under control

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'll preface my advice by saying that what you want (CC frames to be more valid) isn't a bad thing. there was a time, mainly when Raids were around, that CC and locking down the entire map was king. but over time, the game has shifted to modes that focus on maximum killing efficiency, which so happens to be the realm of the DPS frames. in other team games, anyone can be a braindead DPS, but without a decent healer or tank to back them up, they're just running a suicide mission, but in warframe, pretty much all frames are expected to deal some degree of damage.

my main advice to you: try out a few DPS frames and serious builds, and even if you don't find one you love, you should find one you can tolerate, so at the very least if you are playing content where your favourite frames are struggling, you have a fall-back DPS frame to get the job done that isn't going to annoy you. we all have different preferences: some like Saryn, others like Mesa, other others like Excalibur etc. there's definitely something out there for you, you just have to find it.

I get where you're coming from, its just discouraging. The main reason I've played Warframe is I enjoy the gameplay of certain frames, I've played a good deal of them and the straight forward DPS stuff doesn't suit me at all. I like abilities that look/feel cool and are fun, at the end of the day that's why I'm still playing the game. Nidus' gameplay loop is very enjoyable, I don't just play him to get though content. I don't know, its upsetting knowing that the new war and probably duviri will be focused on sentients and I'm sure a great deal of other content after they've established them as a main faction won't be accessible to the characters I genuinely enjoy playing.

I don't mind having to switch to a different frame for specific content, that's just the name of the game but knowing there's a gigantic chunk of content that I can't enjoy with my favorite dudes just sucks every bit of excitement for that content right out of my heart.

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

CC are still viable, why kill when you can lock down the area and finish without firing a single bullet?

Sentient able to come out from Grendel's belly? Swallow them all like no tomorrow

DPS is not too important if what you need to do is holding an area and DPS will eventually get swarmed and unable to fight back while CC keep the fight under control

That's my problem though, against the sentients they're not able to lock anything down. Sure outside of the new content you can but that's not what the thread is about.

With Grendel's recent nerf you can't simply eat them again. Once they escape the first time, if you try to eat them again they immediately escape again. They become immune essentially and all of your abilities are worthless against them.

Sorry but CC has been dead for years and the only reason Limbo is seeing use in this event is because killing is 100% optional on the Railjack missions and ground missions only require a couple kills per Condrix. Thus why bring dps when you can put a top hat on and go afk. If they worked more like Survivals or Exterminates then we would be seeing frames like Chroma, Mesa, and Mag instead.

But besides that every frame more or less has their ideal use case and it just happens that as Sentients have outright immunity to most abilities and gain immunity to repeated casts which makes a lot of frames useless against them. It also doesn't help that Sentients fly which makes things even harder for Nidus in particular. But these frames are still good for  Survival and Defense against other factions even if the factions have/gain immunity.

And while we're likely to get a lot of upcoming Sentient focused content it certantly isn't going to be all we'll get from here on. Just like when we would see months or a year+ of Grineer only content people will get sick of seeing more Sentients eventually. But as for the state of CC frames/abilities we can only hope for reworks either to them or to the game's mechanics to give them a real purpose again.

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

My favorites include Nidus, Grendel and Vauban. I just enjoy their playstyles and their personality/character. I'm working on my second year on Warframe, I've had a pretty good time with CC focused frames, only a few enemies are able to totally negate my powers and its understandable but now I've come to a point where I'm just not having fun with this content. I can't build stacks with Nidus when the entire enemy faction is immune to my larva, good luck hitting more than one of them with virulence when they're flying all over the place with no way to stop them. Grendel, I used to eat a few of them to get buffs/armor and take them out of the fight making the remainder manageable then spitting them out to fight them on my terms but now (after the nerf they just magically poof out of my belly after about 8 seconds) you can forget all of that. Oh and if you try to eat them again, they just slip back out instantly. I honestly think the only sentients I can manipulate with my powers are the damn stick-bugs that couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

I've put a lot of time and effort into these frames, I've spent days farming/leveling, excessive plat for parts/forma/boosters/etc, I've put a lot into them and now I'm finding that they're basically useless for current and future content because the new faction makes them completely worthless. The only thing I can do is try to use an OP weapon and hope for the best, any identity my frames had that made them fun is gone when fighting sentients. I might as well select my loadout at random because the experience is going to be pretty much the same. Sorry to rant but its a crappy feeling when you load up a new event and pretty much all of the characters you dedicated your effort into leveling are just dead weight.

sounds like we have similar tastes - this is why I would like to recommend gauss to you. great cc with his 1 and 3, and even 4 with some range