Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear - Space not receiving Kill Codes

UFOLoche

Hey, so our Flotilla broke and we were unable to receive any kill codes to drive away the Murex, despite the fact that there were clearly enough codes sent to kill the 20 murexes that we needed to.  Thus, we didn't get the bonus that we deserved.  I want to point out that it got so bad that we were literally able to leave our Ground Team, go to Space, and we didn't even receive the message that our team had gone to space until nearly 20 minutes of sitting in the Murex, with our Oplinks up, watching codes being transmitted from numerous people(Including us, from the past I assume), yet no one ever receiving any themselves.

When can we expect to receive compensation regarding this awful bug and when will it be fixed so I can actually bother participating in the event again?

• Like 16

Same here.
We got one after a ten minute wait, then nothing else.

I'm not after compensation though, only a chance to play this working as intended for a full planned duration.
Worried that we're losing working event days to lottery of whether your run is gonna be bugged or not.

• Like 4

I've noticed that on the flotilla it says 0 space teams even when there are multiple, so the flotilla throws away the codes because it doesn't realise we're there. 

Dear Flotilla, I created and/or joined the space teams from your console - so why do you forget about me the moment I leave?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midarc said:

Same here.
We got one after a ten minute wait, then nothing else.

I'm not after compensation though, only a chance to play this working as intended for a full planned duration.
Worried that we're losing working event days to lottery of whether your run is gonna be bugged or not.

Naw, I want compensation.  Instead of playing one of the many great games that came out this month, I spent an hour in their event busting my ass to send out those kill codes, then swapping over to space to try and ensure everyone got the bonus.  However, their event has an issue which, let's be frank here, should have been caught really easily in testing.

I would be less upset and frustrated if this was a more obscure/complex bug and Scarlet Spear wasn't outright breaking EVERYTHING ELSE, lol.

• Like 3

We have just deployed some diagnostics serverside and are going to be trying to get a repro on this today - any and all theories are welcome, and we will be troubleshooting live shortly ! 

Edit: We wrapped up about 1.5 hours on Pablo's stream and have some good leads! 

Edited by [DE]Rebecca
  • Like 13

11 ground squads 4 space squads and no kill codes received AT ALL, seems like all the instances are bugged. Is it due to your troubleshooting?

Btw scoring is still messed up, last 2 times I did 3 rounds (space till 5) and got only 2 scored, seems like there's 20-30% chance to get no score at all (as a client), is this an RGN feature? jk no hard feelings 😆
I'm not sure what kind of feedback we could give, seems that there's still a massive desync issue. We need more "sync checkpoints" (please, it's nasty to see no score being awarded after 20-30min of gameplay)

edit: space/ground link works now in the instance I'm in

edit2: Ok...I'm refusing to play this untill I'll be getting points that I earn, it really does feel like there's 20-30% chance of NOT getting the points at the end of the railjack mission, it happened again to me. 4 in the squad, 3 got points I and I got nothing. Frustrating...

Edited by Error989
  • Like 1

Haven't received kill codes today at all. Did multiple runs but no luck receiving them. Looking in flotilla chat gave the impression that codes were being transmitted but no one was receiving. One or two squads received codes every now and then. Also, people received codes from my squad while we were doing murex. Which doesn't make any sense, unless sent codes get stored in a queue and are assigned upon demand ?

• Like 1

I think there is a problem with "sending" side now. 

Also, just lost 82 intrinsic because mission failed (idk why) after host left while we were waiting for kill codes. 0 codes were received... also - there was about 14 ground squads and like 4 space squads but ground squad top score were kinda S#&$ty.

I think if ground squads were sending x10 or x100 codes from what now - it could make things a little bit better.  So space squads will be less dependent on ground squads. 

So now this is getting attention without people claiming it being bugged is because of "incompetence" like someone did last night when I posted about this issue.

No repro ideas. Tried to play with pubs last night, not receiving any kill codes. Ping was around 160 so I don't think that was an issue. UI wasn't bugged (although this happens quite often), everyone else receiving kill codes in the chat but not us. 

Got fed up with playing the mess that is known as pubs and tried with people in the clan.

Repeated experience. Join up, go to deploy oplinks... welp not receiving codes. They're being transmitted in the Flotilla chat, other people are receiving them. 

The ONLY thing I can think of that caused an issue. A couple times in squad chat with pubs or clan members, someone mentioned ground/space crew numbers and it was different than what I saw. For example, someone in pubs said it was like 6 ground and 7 space crews, but I saw 11 ground and 4 space. Maybe we're not in the same Flotilla even though we're in the same pre-made squad or when we join a pub group in a Flotilla. I just gave up playing the event last night. Spent more time aborting missions than getting to play.

Edited by --Brandt--
  • Like 4

I believe that remaining in the Spear Scaler after hunting 100 Sentinel Stations and remaining in the station even during the whole time of the event recovery then produces this Bug

Try to see if my theory is correct

5 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

For example, someone in pubs said it was like 6 ground and 7 space crews, but I saw 11 ground and 4 space.

I think this "different information from different people" is caused by desync. When I was playing with clanmates I almost always saw different digits on squads/score/murex defeated/top score, and sometimes I was put in a "zombie" relay... But in the end I was getting correct reward.  So this is more like a "display bug".

Also, in the situation mentioned above - I saw that ground squads were sending codes, and sometimes somebody was receiving them, but that was happening a lot slower than you expect from 14 ground squads.

hace 55 minutos, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

We have just deployed some diagnostics serverside and are going to be trying to get a repro on this today - any and all theories are welcome, and we will be troubleshooting live shortly ! 

Hello Rebecca, maybe there is an issue on the instance system in the Flotilla, cuz i notice that, after trying 30-40 min on a murex waiting for codes, only receibe 2, i abort the mission and decide to go on earth, i finish the mission doing 4 -5 condrix and notice that in the Flotilla was displaying my space squad of 1 hour ago. PD: sorry for bad english xD

Edited by Zhirk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I suggest exposing the stored killcodes value somewhere in flotilla so it should not only help players figure out where the bottleneck is happening now, but also helps in the future with players coordinating for efficient flotilla clears just by being able to see whether there's too many players in RJ or too many codes being sent.

• Like 3

I have been under the impression that even though we join the same flotilla, we end up in a pseudo ghost flotilla, where it maybe shows activity or maybe doesn't but my squad/host aren't normally there with me, and when we finish a mission it shows my score and no one else's in my group, leading me to believe we're not at the same place at all.

I would guess that there's something weird with the matchmaking, but I often make/join squads before going to a flotilla, if the seperation is happening at this point I would assume the flotilla has reached capacity and punted me into a different one but not disconnected me from the squad.

I haven't normally tried queuing up for missions from within a relay but it is possible to join squads from a different relay instance isn't it?

It seems to me, that whoever is supposed to be receiving the codes may not be in an active flotilla even if they are connected to the chat of an active flotilla.

That's my theory anyway, there's some mix with the flotilla connection, maybe something that was attempted with matchmaking but wasn't removed?

Edit-

Be sure to check where your score is going by asking your team if they see it, try to compare murex values and if possible in the dev build when joining from outside a flotilla what instance does everyone end up at. I mean, that would prove my theory I'd think.

Edited by IzzyTH-I51
Quick idea for troubleshooting.

I mean, how about just giving out an amount of credits that seems like you are valuing the players time? PER MISSION, not per "convoluted-mess-what-where-you-thinking?". Players would probably play the event if it wasn't plainly insulting in terms of rewards/prices, you know?

• Like 3