Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DraekoSilver

DE, want to see how much of a failure this event is? Just scroll through the list of lobbies as a Murex wave is about to end.

Yeah I don't get why there isn't just, say, an Invasion-style payoff when 100 Murex have been kicked in whatever they have in place of an arse
on a single Flotilla (that you have contributed to), without a time limit or anything.

Imo DE is just testing OpLink under the guise of Scarlet Spear, which is why the event itself is so underwhelming. The point isn't the event but the mechanics, but if they want to test new mechanics they should market them as such, and not as some kind of new amazing content, which misleads and disappoints the majority.

In other games, public test realms exists for this sole purpose. Such drama that we have right now could be avoided by having such a server, or by simply DE being clear with their intentions.

The fact that they marketed it as a new whole content, which was in fact unfinished and full of bugs, then they brush the ToS up into our faces in the aftermath, reminding us that the entire game is in Open Beta test mode. Creating hype intentionally, then telling the customers that they are in the wrong because legally the company is right is very..mmm hehe... right.

"Treat me like a princess, even if I'm not one."

Yea, what motivation do I have to grind these generic mobile defense missions when the reward is largely random and beyond my control? Oh, and you have to wait for hours to find out if you just wasted your time. This event is a perfect storm of questionable (to phrase it diplomatically) design decisions.

Edit: Thought I'd give it another try. First time it didn't let me chose a flotilla and automatically put me into a completely dead one: 0/100 with only 1 squad. Why even bother? Logged out, logged back in. This time it let me chose a busy one. Went space, wasted 10 minutes with no kill codes despite more ground squads than space squads. Tried ground: no matchmaking, solo is boring as hell. Left. What a mess.

I had an opposite effect. After about 2 hours 100/100 was reached (Europe, about mightnight). So I have to wait a long time for the next start. So your observation is not a general one.

2 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

I had an opposite effect. After about 2 hours 100/100 was reached (Europe, about mightnight). So I have to wait a long time for the next start. So your observation is not a general one.

It's the vast majority, therefore it's general. Just because something doesn't apply to you, doesn't make it untrue.

I was in one that stalled at 98/100. We had 12 ground teams, 3 railjack teams. Codes upon codes were being sent but not a single murex was being defeated. After half an hour the time ended and we didn't get our bonus for 100/100, as we still lacked 2. Disappointing to say the least.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (NSW)FlameDivinity:

It's the vast majority, therefore it's general. Just because something doesn't apply to you, doesn't make it untrue.

Then please provide some real statistic data. Otherwise its only a personal impression of you and perhaps some friends 😉

1 hour ago, Doc-Orange said:

Then please provide some real statistic data. Otherwise its only a personal impression of you and perhaps some friends 😉

Welcome to the club of "Scarlet Spear is good" which is virtually non-existent on Reddit and official forum so far.

4 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

I would respond with "Use your eyes," but Marvelous_A did it for me well enough.

Just lol at this topic. It can't be taken seriously. Bring us official datas on the long term, something concrete and not just few numbers you picked to try to have an argument. 

"And so on and so on and so on"

This is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I would respond with "Use your eyes," but Marvelous_A did it for me well enough.

People who are satisfied with anything aren't going to all say they are, where as unhappy people have to make it their mission to let everyone know they are, it's basic human behavior. Any dev could release the best game possible, and their forum/social media would still be mostly negative due to perfection being unattainable. It's not as if saying you like any part of the game is ever worth it to begin with, all people would be met with are insults and harassment from people who don't like what ever; complaining, or insulting random people, on the other hand at least makes one feel better about themselves. One should probably rely on more than just their eyes.

It's also not as if enjoying the event is the equivalent to saying it's perfect and couldn't use any improvement. It could use several, and some have been made.

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

People who are satisfied with anything aren't going to all say they are, where as unhappy people have to make it their mission to let everyone know they are, it's basic human behavior. Any dev could release the best game possible, and their forum/social media would still be mostly negative due to perfection being unattainable. It's not as if saying you like any part of the game is ever worth it to begin with, all people would be met with are insults and harassment from people who don't like what ever; complaining, or insulting random people, on the other hand at least makes one feel better about themselves. One should probably rely on more than just their eyes.

It's also not as if enjoying the event is the equivalent to saying it's perfect and couldn't use any improvement. It could use several, and some have been made.

Excuses excuses.

My god, have I been blessed by the gods themselves, managing to make 100k+ playing through 3 evenings, or are the forums full of whiners who blow things out of proportion rather than learn how to "manage"...🤔

The OP's made up "data" is useless and anyone defending him is riding the bandwagon, since:

1. Just before wave end there is the least point to play it, because bonus can't be achieved.

2. Conveniently ignoring that those relays have a number of 200+, leaving 5-10 uncompleted is the equivalent of 2,5-5%. The mechanic allows you to fail and while it's obvious people here just want to get rewarded for as minimal effort as possible, the fail rate is already fairly low.

3. Putting blame on DE for every form of player incompetence and greed - some trash is afk - DE's fault.

Once the bugs are ironed out, the event would be the best thing released since the Jupiter update.

23 hours ago, Sovyul said:

Imo DE is just testing OpLink under the guise of Scarlet Spear

Honestly, I'd be less pissed about this mess of a event if they literally just told us that it's to test OpLink.

Meh. People will always complain about the updates. So the forums and reddit aren't any indicators of how good or bad an event is.

Numbers, statistics on the other hand provide actual data.

If the numbers are low, something is wrong and you can come to the forums and see what people have to say about it. Simple. 

If De would take the forums as seriously as the posters warframe would be an absolute mess. (Probably.)

By far I had no problems with the event. I played it quite a few times and it seems like game breaking bugs aren't actually all that common and the grind is only bad if you want every single reward.

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

My god, have I been blessed by the gods themselves, managing to make 100k+ playing through 3 evenings, or are the forums full of whiners who blow things out of proportion rather than learn how to "manage"...🤔

Yes you were.  Getting that much by this point requires that you were spectacularly lucky with your victory bonuses for the first two days actually being awarded properly, and consequently getting Thursday's payout as a bonus rather than just compensation for what you lost due to bugs.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (NSW)FlameDivinity:

Excuses excuses.

Still no facts

@all others - dont feed the troll

I wonder if anyone at DE knows this is happening? Maybe someone should start a thread...or fifty,.

4 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

Still no facts

@all others - dont feed the troll

I'm glad you feel that way. However, you're simply wrong, and nobody agrees with you. Narcissist should just sit this one out and accept the loss. Less embarrassing for you that way.

18 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

The OP's made up "data" is useless and anyone defending him is riding the bandwagon, since:

1. Just before wave end there is the least point to play it, because bonus can't be achieved.

2. Conveniently ignoring that those relays have a number of 200+, leaving 5-10 uncompleted is the equivalent of 2,5-5%. The mechanic allows you to fail and while it's obvious people here just want to get rewarded for as minimal effort as possible, the fail rate is already fairly low.

3. Putting blame on DE for every form of player incompetence and greed - some trash is afk - DE's fault.

Once the bugs are ironed out, the event would be the best thing released since the Jupiter update.

I played all today.  I got under 30k points.  With the amount of bugs and issues with host migrations there is no way that you could have gotten that in 3 evening.

On 2020-03-27 at 12:49 PM, Sovyul said:

Imo DE is just testing OpLink under the guise of Scarlet Spear, which is why the event itself is so underwhelming. The point isn't the event but the mechanics, but if they want to test new mechanics they should market them as such, and not as some kind of new amazing content, which misleads and disappoints the majority.

In other games, public test realms exists for this sole purpose. Such drama that we have right now could be avoided by having such a server, or by simply DE being clear with their intentions.

The fact that they marketed it as a new whole content, which was in fact unfinished and full of bugs, then they brush the ToS up into our faces in the aftermath, reminding us that the entire game is in Open Beta test mode. Creating hype intentionally, then telling the customers that they are in the wrong because legally the company is right is very..mmm hehe... right.

"Treat me like a princess, even if I'm not one."

But there isnt much to test about oplink its not a  thing ur not actualy connected whit those players you cant chat whit them   and the objective is just not existent.

I think a lot of you guys are misinterpreting what OP is talking about.

Hes trying to say that all those lobbies that don't get to 100/100 have people in them that now feel like they were just cheated out of their bonus points. You put in the effort to get 5k+ points just like everyone else in every other floatila, but oops, you joined the wrong one that didn't have enough people playing it so now you don't get the rewards everyone else got despite putting in the same amount of work.

Hell you can join a floatila and grind out 10+ runs putting your absolute all into getting those bonus points and still not get them because you chose the wrong floatila.

This event basically tells everyone to play up until you get 5k points. If you go beyond 5k points you feel like you're wasting time and effort because you are essentially getting 1/3 the amount of credits you would otherwise. So everyone in the floatila who gets 5k stops playing and waits for the next raid.