Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

STOP making time-limited content !

DSAUSAGE

timed events are an good way to test new features without the drawback of developers being forced to adapt those features for every update

but sure, i'm all against the lore being locked behind the event, but some new game modes are required to have some sort of massive tests and events are exactly meant for that, like invasions and survival

• Like 3

as others have said, FOMO is a powerful thing, and it's an excellent way to manipulate people. does that make it right? no, but a lot of business tactics can seem morally questionable whilst raking in profits.

if it's the limit itself you're worried about, I wouldn't stress too much: given everything that's happened with the event, I can smell an extension coming. they've let the Nightwave intermission stay for half a year, I think they could let Scarlet Spear stay for another couple of weeks. it would also give them more chance to gather any data they need and figure out exactly what they need to do with Squad link.

the event does seem like a bit of a Fustercluck though.. I just hope it gets a few more improvements before Consoles gets it. I'd be fine with it being delayed honestly, but that probably won't happen.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 4

IME, it's not hard to ignore timed events, I pretty much ignore all live game events, always have, unless it looks interesting to me at the time I happen to be playing.

I don't do most MMO events like Christmas things simply because I don't want RL in my video game.

I don't do timed events like these unless I feel like it because I don't like to be told what to play when, I play for my enjoyment, not that of others.

Peer pressure does not work on me, so I don't play them just because that's what everyone is doing.

I just play the way I want to play, when I want to play ... much more fun IMO ... no pressure, no stress.

I still have a smattering of event currency I have never even tried to use in several MMOs I can think of right now ...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DSAUSAGE said:

why you making a content and trying to block people from it?

why? just, why??

Because DE is desperate to keep up their old and failing model up. Warframe is bleeding out its player base, so they want to give something and bring the no. back up again inorder to make 💰

• Like 5

Taking the current global crisis aside, I never like timed events since real life events may coincide, eg. Family vacation, overseas work trip, school exams, etc. I missed last year's Dog Days event completely since that exact 2 weeks it was live coincided exactly with my planned vacation. Fortunately, there were no significant rewards.

I distinctly remember some devstreams back last year when DE said they will try to avoid events. Guess not.

I suppose this game mechanic will eventually become a staple game mode once they sort out the issues and any exclusive weapons, rewards will then be obtainable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DSAUSAGE said:

why? just, why??

Because it brings in players to stress test new mission types, mechanics and find bugs. 

What games do you play that doesn't have timed events? 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

Because DE is desperate to keep up their old and failing model up. Warframe is bleeding out its player base, so they want to give something and bring the no. back up again inorder to make 💰

Time limited events were always a warframe thing...

• Like 3

Sry , I am not talking about event like 2~3 days or weeks...

I want to say is something like... Cetus/Earth Day/Night time thing

like Eidolon or sentient ship in Veil .

the problem is the duration is too short,

1~2 hours will be fine, but 30 min just too easy to miss 

and the waiting time for next turn is much longer if you miss it 😞

21 minutes ago, DSAUSAGE said:

the problem is the duration is too short,

1~2 hours will be fine, but 30 min just too easy to miss 

and the waiting time for next turn is much longer if you miss it 😞

Ah, yeah, that is a bit frustrating.  

Only solution I could see would be having two instances, one always night and one always day. 

Which would be nice, actually. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DSAUSAGE said:

why? just, why??

Because, contrary to what they said on several occasions, they do want more FOMO in the game.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Because they make money when you pay to get all rewards without having to play the thing.

Ah yes, designing content to be so tedious and frustrating that players would rather pay real money just so they don't have to play it. What a wonderful business model pay-to-skip is! Doesn't compromise game design at all, no sir!

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Ah yes, designing content to be so tedious and frustrating that players would rather pay real money just so they don't have to play it. What a wonderful business model pay-to-skip is! Doesn't compromise game design at all, no sir!

Yeah. I had to pay 20 Bucks to get all items, do you know the conversion rate of Buck to my coin?!

It was nuts.

I'm just wondering how you buy the event items. Since, y'know, that's kind of an important part of the whole "Pay to skip annoying grinds" thing that you guys are railing on.

Wait, you mean there isn't a pay-to-skip option? B-b-but that means your entire argument falls flat!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kevoisvevo said:

Is that why they are putting an alternative to tridolons and arcane grinding behind a time wall? 

You mean a method to actually get what you want within a calculated timespan instead of RNG?

Are you aware that eidolons also have this "time wall" you speak of?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Yes, and most players always hated them. But repeatedly doing what players hate is also a Warframe thing, I guess.

Most players also hate challenge, not enough challenge, recurring events, not enough recurring events, events........ (and the list continues)
You can't make everybody happy at the same time, especially not THIS community.

Many games have one time events that lock the content away after they expire, at least DE found a way to bring them back without sacrificing a few weeks to grind for dem sweet, sweet rewards.

PS: Many players also hated the events on their own, not just the time limit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DSAUSAGE said:

You really need to edit your OP to reflect this.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Most players also hate challenge, not enough challenge, recurring events, not enough recurring events, events........ (and the list continues)
You can't make everybody happy at the same time, especially not THIS community.

Many games have one time events that lock the content away after they expire, at least DE found a way to bring them back without sacrificing a few weeks to grind for dem sweet, sweet rewards.

PS: Many players also hated the events on their own, not just the time limit.

Here's a thought: Maybe some parts of the game can be challenging and some can be easy? It's a video game, it doesn't need to be homogeneous.

What mistakes other games make is of no relevance to this conversation.

• Like 1