Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

STOP making time-limited content !

DSAUSAGE

The amount of timed content in this game, intentional or not, is crazy.

POE:

-Kill Eidolons before the timer runs out or wait another hour.

-Fish at the right time or wait another hour.

-If you need hunter mods you have to get them from the event runs out and you have to wait another couple of weeks

-If you need set mods you have to get them before the bounties reset along with the rewards

-and if plague star comes back, then you also have to get the rewards before you miss out

Fortuna:

-Same thing with fishing and bounties

-Also if you want thermia rewards, that is on a timer

-In the Veil Proxima we have the sentient ship with a 2-3 hour timer on when it will come back (I hear that it is random)

-Sorties, play them before the daily reset for a CHANCE at a decent reward.

-Daily standing, if you don't want to fall behind you have to max out all of your daily standing with all the syndicates and open world factions before the daily reset or fall a day behind in progress

-Primed items, get them before they are vaulted or needed or both

-any good warframe/weapons, get them and lvl and use them before they are either needed or made irrelevant by power creep

-unvaulted items, get them before they are re-vaulted, needed, or made irrelevant by power creep(if they haven't already)

-Baro Ki Teer, get his stuff before he leaves for 2 weeks

-Scarlet Spear, get your points before you run out of time then wait 3 hours for the relay to reset to get your rewards and repeat in a time limited event

-Nightwave, get your rewards before the season ends

And because they removed raids, and are even talking about removing the simulacrum, then I'm going to add:

-useful player tools, use them before they are removed

-any game modes, play them while you can because they might get removed

It feels like if you stop playing for even a day you might miss out and the game does not respect your time.

Edited by (XB1)KindredLamb6736
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, (XB1)KindredLamb6736 said:

It feels like if you stop playing for even a day you might miss out and the game does not respect your time.

I stop playing for weeks at a time, I never feel this way.

The only thing making anyone feel this way is their own brain chemistry, IMO.

The game is computer code - it has no feelings - it cannot respect or disrespect anyone or anything, that's like saying a chair is not respecting you, IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

I stop playing for weeks at a time, I never feel this way.

The only thing making anyone feel this way is their own brain chemistry, IMO.

The game is computer code - it has no feelings - it cannot respect or disrespect anyone or anything, that's like saying a chair is not respecting you, IMO.

Ok I worded it a bit weird, I meant the devs have no respect for players time, a lot of of us will probably miss out on a lot of content they churn out and that is the point, it's called FOMO or fear of missing out.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)KindredLamb6736 said:

Ok I worded it a bit weird, I meant the devs have no respect for players time, a lot of of us will probably miss out on a lot of content they churn out and that is the point, it's called FOMO or fear of missing out.

I disagree, DE makes a game you can play for free.

I don't see how they are not respecting anyones time, or any other game company for that matter.

You play the game, you get entertainment, a way to pass the time...if you don't enjoy it then it's ones personal onus to change that, not a game or a development house.

I have accounts for most all of the currently running MMOs...I am sure I miss all kinds of limited time content...so what?

If you don't want to be playing, don't...why would you let a game company 'scare you into playing'? ...

Why would you play at all if you saw it that way?

These are games ... play them when you want to play them, don't let them play you ...

Just my opinion.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I don't see how they are not respecting anyones time, or any other game company for that ki88matter.

You play the game, you get entertainment, a way to pass the time...if you don't enjoy it then it's ones personal onus to change that, not a game or a development house.

I have accounts for most all of the currently running MMOs...I am sure I miss all kinds of limited time content...so what?

If you don't want to be playing, don't...why would you let a game company 'scare you into playing'? ...

These are games ... play them when you want to play them, don't let them play you ...

Just my opinion.

Who would ever be scared into playing a game? That is dumb. And the point I am trying to make is that their is way too much time limited content in this game and that makes it unenjoyable. Also it is their job to make a product people will enjoy, I'm not the only person with these complaints. People seriously need to stop with the "never question anything, just consume product and get hyped for next product" mentality. It doesn't do any good to mindlessly praise everything DE does then tell anyone who dares question it to stop playing. I wouldn't even comment if their was nothing I enjoy about the game, that being the movement, combat, and weapons. And the way it seems as if they don't respect peoples is that it seems that they expect players to constantly watch for timed events, keep tabs on timers for Eidolons and the sentient ship, add tons of grind and time gates on top of most of the information you need to know to play not being in the game, you have get all of that from hours of wiki and youtube, taking up even more time.

Omfg I didn't realize what a wall of text this is, sry man.

25 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I don't see how they are not respecting anyones time, or any other game company for that matter.

Just my opinion.

Take forma's 24 hour build time as an example. Let's say you play at the set time every single day because you have a schedule that allows for that. Even if you are available every day at the same time you will always lose time when crafting forma because the interface makes you claim it before you can craft another one.

If you get on early you would need to avoid running a mission that may take too long, or it gets delayed even more. If you have any delay in real life, it gets delayed. Eventually you won't be able to craft that forma at the set time every day. And the 24 hour build time has been in the game for 6+ years.

Now if that forma build time was reduced to 23 hours you could have some flexibility with your schedule. If you got on early you could craft the next one early. If you got on late you could recover some of that time each day until you were back to your normal schedule. A 23 hour build time respects the player and their life, while a 24 hour build time does not. Needless to say DE hasn't changed the build time despite players needing hundreds of forma, especially after the ridiculous amounts that kuva weapons require.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Take forma's 24 hour build time as an example. Let's say you play at the set time every single day because you have a schedule that allows for that. Even if you are available every day at the same time you will always lose time when crafting forma because the interface makes you claim it before you can craft another one.

If you get on early you would need to avoid running a mission that may take too long, or it gets delayed even more  if you have any delay in real life, it gets delayed. Eventually you won't be able to craft that forma at the set time every day. And the 24 hour build time has been in the game for 6+ years.

Now if that forma build time was reduced to 23 hours you could have some flexibility with your schedule. If you got on early you could craft the next one early. If you got on late you could recover some of that time each day until you were back to your normal schedule. A 23 hour build time respects the player and their life, while a 24 hour build time does not. Needless to say DE hasn't changed the build time despite players needing hundreds of forma, especially after the ridiculous amounts that kuva weapons require.

...100% unrelated but

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Yeah, I responded to that comment too. I don't have words to express how frustrating their response is given the years of feedback on the topic.

Ah, I just remember seeing it and being floored that a DE was even posting in an open topic.

10 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ah, I just remember seeing it and being floored that a DE was even posting in an open topic.

Agreed. I linked threads on the exact same topic from 2018 and 2016 just to demonstrate that this is not a new issue. Both of them were even correctly posted in the feedback portion of the forums (not like it mattered).

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Pretty obvious people don't know what fomo even is about, or what it's like to deal with anxiety that impacts their life to such a degree, and are just using it to push their point of view.

You don't have to make a joke about mental health to ask that Eidolons be changed, especially when the one of two logical reasons for having Eidolons occur at a specific frequency, maintaining arcane value, is no longer as important due to Scarlet Spear making arcanes easy to obtain, even if 2x the amount is needed.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-27 at 6:32 AM, DSAUSAGE said:

why you making a content and trying to block people from it?

why? just, why??

I do hate it but this is the way how they make money

On 2020-03-27 at 6:43 AM, JackHargreav said:

Gotta use that fomo to make money.

On 2020-03-27 at 6:45 AM, Kaotyke said:

Because they make money when you pay to get all rewards without having to play the thing.

true fact for everything for money making.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-27 at 2:01 PM, Corvid said:

I'm just wondering how you buy the event items. Since, y'know, that's kind of an important part of the whole "Pay to skip annoying grinds" thing that you guys are railing on.

Wait, you mean there isn't a pay-to-skip option? B-b-but that means your entire argument falls flat!

Shh don't say that, you'll wake up the manchild and he has fallen asleep!

• Like 1

On 2020-03-27 at 5:51 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

they've let the Nightwave intermission stay for half a year,

Might be funny if they forget to shut off Scarlet Spear for as long as they forgot to shut off Nightwave.

I could not only farm arcanes for myself but my entire guild LOL.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Pretty obvious people don't know what fomo even is about, or what it's like to deal with anxiety that impacts their life to such a degree, and are just using it to push their point of view.

You don't have to make a joke about mental health to ask that Eidolons be changed, especially when the one of two logical reasons for having Eidolons occur at a specific frequency, maintaining arcane value, is no longer as important due to Scarlet Spear making arcanes easy to obtain, even if 2x the amount is needed.

My wife has life-crupling anxiety.

She knows not to play games like this, because she knows it's bad for her.

Each of us has to make choices to keep us sane.

IMO, if a game invokes anxiety at any level, then it's time to find another game.

Playing a game because of FOMO, IMO, is a big red flag and that game should be removed from ones rotation...playing games out of fear IMO is just not healthy.

I realize the game companies use FOMO along with other mental tricks - but we know they do this, we know how they do it, so in learning that, we can prevent these things from having power over us any longer, IME.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

IMO, if a game invokes anxiety at any level, then it's time to find another game.

Playing a game because of FOMO, IMO, is a big red flag and that game should be removed from ones rotation...playing games out of fear IMO is just not healthy.

I realize the game companies use FOMO along with other mental tricks - but we know they do this, we know how they do it, so in learning that, we can prevent these things from having power over us any longer, IME.

Knowing that FOMO is a problem doesn't fix the issue, that being that the quality of the game is reduced by it. While it isn't as bad as something like loot boxes, your logic would be like telling us that loot boxes aren't a problem because we can just not buy them. In that case we can also just choose not to play a game that requires you to participate in a mental trick to progress. And if you are going to reply with the npc response "well just quit playing" I haven't actually been playing lately and have considered quiting for good due to some of the issues I have mentioned above, and I the reason it's relevant is because I think a lot of people will want to stop playing because of these issues. White knighting for DE even when their are game breaking issues and telling everyone to just deal with it does not fix anything.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

I don't think I explained my point good enough. For arguments sake let's say for example the manufacturers Pepsi decided to start adding hot sauce to all their drinks, sure we can decide to deal with it and drink it anyways, but that doesn't solve the problem, and you can tell people to just not buy it, but that is probably what lots of people would be doing anyways, the people who would be saying "wow this is S#&$ty" aren't rabidly obsessed, they just don't like hot sauce in their drink.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)KindredLamb6736 said:

Knowing that FOMO is a problem doesn't fix the issue, that being that the quality of the game is reduced by it. While it isn't as bad as something like loot boxes, your logic would be like telling us that loot boxes aren't a problem because we can just not buy them. In that case we can also just choose not to play a game that requires you to participate in a mental trick to progress. And if you are going to reply with the npc response "well just quit playing" I haven't actually been playing lately and have considered quiting for good due to some of the issues I have mentioned above, and I the reason it's relevant is because I think a lot of people will want to stop playing because of these issues. White knighting for DE even when their are game breaking issues and telling everyone to just deal with it does not fix anything.

I am white knighting nothing and no one, I do not follow anyone or anything blindly or otherwise really, I dance to my own tune.

Not walking away from something that causes anxiety is the person's issue, not the game or the developers.

You may think 'a lot of people' think the way you do - this is typical human thinking - but until you have data, it's just an opinion...something like 3M poeple have played this game...how many is 'a lot' in your world?

Game companies produce things for entertainment and profit.  If you enjoy those things, awesome, if not, then what's the problem other than being mad someone made something you don't like?  Why is it 'bad' to try and tell someone to stop doing something that they do not enjoy or that brings them anxiety and stress?

To make the implication that games, or any creative output for that matter, have to cater to every single playstyle and player hot-button, from anxiety to rewards per second, is ludicris.  To imply that there is something wrong with a game simply because you don't like it is also ludicris, IMO.

Your implication is that the game should be able to be perfect for all players and that is not possible.

Therefore, DE, IMO, should keep making the game they want to make.

Players should play what they like and not play a game that cuases them stress and anxiety.

This idea of using ones FOMO as a lever to force the company to change is BS, IMO.

If you really, really think that should change, the force the regulatory entities of the world to prevent game companies from making games that exploit human behaviour...good luck.

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

I am white knighting nothing and no one, I do not follow anyone or anything blindly or otherwise really, I dance to my own tune.

Not walking away from something that causes anxiety is the person's issue, not the game or the developers.

You may think 'a lot of people' think the way you do - this is typical human thinking - but until you have data, it's just an opinion...something like 3M poeple have played this game...how many is 'a lot' in your world?

Game companies produce things for entertainment and profit.  If you enjoy those things, awesome, if not, then what's the problem other than being mad someone made something you don't like?  Why is it 'bad' to try and tell someone to stop doing something that they do not enjoy or that brings them anxiety and stress?

To make the implication that games, or any creative output for that matter, have to cater to every single playstyle and player hot-button, from anxiety to rewards per second, is ludicris.  To imply that there is something wrong with a game simply because you don't like it is also ludicris, IMO.

Your implication is that the game should be able to be perfect for all players and that is not possible.

Therefore, DE, IMO, should keep making the game they want to make.

Players should play what they like and not play a game that cuases them stress and anxiety.

This idea of using ones FOMO as a lever to force the company to change is BS, IMO.

If you really, really think that should change, the force the regulatory entities of the world to prevent game companies from making games that exploit human behaviour...good luck.

Lol I'm not suggesting anyone do anything, I'm just saying that S#&$ is S#&$ and btw you seem really mad over nothing.

Just now, (XB1)KindredLamb6736 said:

I don't think I explained my point good enough. For arguments sake let's say for example the manufacturers Pepsi decided to start adding hot sauce to all their drinks, sure we can decide to deal with it and drink it anyways, but that doesn't solve the problem, and you can tell people to just not buy it, but that is probably what lots of people would be doing anyways, the people who would be saying "wow this is S#&$ty" aren't rabidly obsessed, they just don't like hot sauce in their drink.

And they should be smart enough and care enough about themselves to not buy that drink if they don't want hot sauce in the drink.

You can complain about the change, ok fine, but to think that the company is under some onus to obey you is just silly, IMO.

If enough people like the thing and the direction it takes, then those who do not agree are simply that ... people who do not like the thing ... there is no onus on the makers of the thing to change, especially if from the maker POV the thing is successful...

It's this idea that the game companies are just standing by your high-end eatery table waiting to give you a specialized meal just for you ... it's a fast food place, pick an item and move on, or don't...

1 minute ago, (XB1)KindredLamb6736 said:

Lol I'm not suggesting anyone do anything, I'm just saying that S#&$ is S#&$ and btw you seem really mad over nothing.

Why does trying to actually have a conversation on this forum always end with 'you are mental/emotional'?

And now it's 'nothing' where before 'a lot of people' were looking to quit?

Just ... wow...

Not 'mad' about any of this, just talking about my POV.

It is so funny to me that trying to actually converse in any depth on these topics just ends with these wanna-be zingers.

If I say 'game company not evil', I am a white knight.

If I say 'players are masters of thier own fun', I get called a white knight (or a 'simp').

Gamer forums are always entertaining anyway...

• Like 1