Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split Flights does not work on the Artemis bow or explosive bows [Dev Response]

TheFalseEclipse

Message added by Marcooose

Dear PC Tenno,

Today Baro Ki’Teer brought back the Split Flight Mod that was leaked a few months ago when it wasn’t quite ready yet. At that time, we were working on the Kuva Bramma concept internally and knew this Mod would cause some issues, so we held the Split Flight Mod back.
The Split Flights Mod, upon hit, drastically increases multishot while reducing accuracy for a short duration for bows. Making this Mod pretty powerful in the right moment!

Split Flights is not compatible with Crossbows, the Lenz, Ivara’s Artemis Bow or the Kuva Bramma. This is intentional and completely our bad for not exposing that truth beforehand.

While bows like the Lenz and the Kuva Bramma see plenty of use across the board, they already vastly outperform regular bows in terms of multishot and AOE damage. Split Flights give these regular bows a chance to still be viable options to fit your playstyle by increasing multishot. Extra multishot for the Kuva Bramma or the Lenz would remove any realm of choice for what bow to equip, as they already do an incredible amount of multishot! 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!

1 minute ago, LascarCapable said:

It's a bow, but to powerful for Split Fights.

No Splitty for Brammy.

it should be. "too powerful" , you mean bows that would actually benefit from it? DE has a known unreasonable and unjustified fear of META,whatever the meta may be. and bramma isn't even used this much compared to other weapons. if this exclusion was intentionnal, it is completely unjustified.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb LordPantaloonsthe3rd:

Bow or not, its effectively an AoE weapon, which is a class of weapon that was just wacked. How would it be consistent for DE to wack all AoE weapons then turn around and buff the one that a bunch of people consider the reason they were wacked in the first place? Again, it might be a bug for all of them, like cautious shot not working for the bramma but at least for the lenz and Bramma it would make sense for them to not get it given recent changes in the game.

Maybe they realised the nerf to AoE weapons was uncalled for? Most of the time a good melee weapon was better anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

where are you pulling this crap from? thinking i dont want it to have split flight because i dont like it? jesus if you reach any further you might pull a muscle chill out.

well, if it isn't, you certainly give this impression.

4 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

How would it be consistent for DE to wack all AoE weapons then turn around and buff the one that a bunch of people consider the reason they were wacked in the first place?

buff the one? correction, buff all of them. all bows.

4 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

it would make sense for them to not get it given recent changes in the game.

yeah, it would make sense, given the recent changes in the game. self stagger is a thing, here's your logical change that should let bramma, lenz and any god forsaken bows to have a mod designed for, say it with me... BOWS. either they get it too, or no bows get it, which then defeat the whole point of said mod. if it is a bow, it should be able top equip it. and again, they could make it so only the arrow hitting an enemy can trigger the effect, which would greatly augment the "skill" ( as DE said when talking about an AoE weapon, hitting the target, cause apparently that's how AoE weapons in game are supposed to work... not. ) needed to use said mod. bam. the bows can all use it, and they have some skill requirements.

Well, the reason I both see and don't see it for Artemis is the Artemis is the most mechanically unique bow in the game, and actually fairly unique amongst all weapons due to how it's charge works: Artemis charge doesn't affect damage, it affects the firing angle of the arrows, and it also has innate multishot. There's very plausable some spaghetti or exploitation due to the 'stacking per hit' of Split Flights and explosive/multishot. One shot, instantly at full stacks, second shot, nuke the entire map with a 360+ 'cone' of Artemis cause artemis has unique interactions with accuracy stuff too. Hmmm yeah, sounds like it could get really silly.

That being said, Split Flights on paper has always sounded trash to me. Crossbows are already the underdogs of the bow world, why take away something that seems built with them in mind?

• Like 1

Dear PC Tenno,

Today Baro Ki’Teer brought back the Split Flight Mod that was leaked a few months ago when it wasn’t quite ready yet. At that time, we were working on the Kuva Bramma concept internally and knew this Mod would cause some issues, so we held the Split Flight Mod back.

The Split Flights Mod, upon hit, drastically increases multishot while reducing accuracy for a short duration for bows. Making this Mod pretty powerful in the right moment!

Split Flights is not compatible with Crossbows, the Lenz, Ivara’s Artemis Bow or the Kuva Bramma. This is intentional and completely our bad for not exposing that truth beforehand.

While bows like the Lenz and the Kuva Bramma see plenty of use across the board, they already vastly outperform regular bows in terms of multishot and AOE damage. Split Flights give these regular bows a chance to still be viable options to fit your playstyle by increasing multishot. Extra multishot for the Kuva Bramma or the Lenz would remove any realm of choice for what bow to equip, as they already do an incredible amount of multishot! 

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

where are you pulling this crap from? thinking i dont want it to have split flight because i dont like it? jesus if you reach any further you might pull a muscle chill out.

Bow or not, its effectively an AoE weapon, which is a class of weapon that was just wacked. How would it be consistent for DE to wack all AoE weapons then turn around and buff the one that a bunch of people consider the reason they were wacked in the first place? Again, it might be a bug for all of them, like cautious shot not working for the bramma but at least for the lenz and Bramma it would make sense for them to not get it given recent changes in the game.

Mutalist cernos is AoE with its toxin clouds, yet split flights is allowed on it. The toxin clouds even proc split flights for you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

well, if it isn't, you certainly give this impression.

buff the one? correction, buff all of them. all bows.

yeah, it would make sense, given the recent changes in the game. self stagger is a thing, here's your logical change that should let bramma, lenz and any god forsaken bows to have a mod designed for, say it with me... BOWS. either they get it too, or no bows get it, which then defeat the whole point of said mod. if it is a bow, it should be able top equip it. and again, they could make it so only the arrow hitting an enemy can trigger the effect, which would greatly augment the "skill" ( as DE said when talking about an AoE weapon, hitting the target, cause apparently that's how AoE weapons in game are supposed to work... not. ) needed to use said mod. bam. the bows can all use it, and they have some skill requirements.

More like youre assuming that anyone against your bramma getting more powerful is automatically a hater.

i was gonan type more but we just got an answer, looks like youre just gonna have to live with your bramma not being quite as exposive as you want.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Dear PC Tenno,

welp, the gods have spoken. next time don't forget to precise it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

More like youre assuming that anyone against your bramma getting more powerful is automatically a hater.

i was gonan type more but we just got an answer, looks like youre just gonna have to live with your bramma not being quite as exposive as you want.

i don't care about the bramme becoming more powerful, i care about consistency, period. i wanted either to have all bow having access, or no bow at all.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Dear PC Tenno,

I wish I would have know that before wasting my ducats on it. I guess I can still sell it on the market.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Dear PC Tenno,

Oh look, another key piece of information DE didn't communicate in-game...

Seriously, can you guys please stop this habit? It's just one occasion after another after another of players wasting resources because you did not communicate crucial information.

Edited by Sitchrea
  • Like 11

14 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Maybe they'll change their mind if enough people complain.

if this can appease you ( or that you just don't care ) i heavily doubt that it will reach the same level that it needs to , to be something DE would consider changing. and even then, they would probably do a monkey paw like self damage and trash it for everyone, like reducing the multi shot bonus or whatever. so, maybe that because of DE's unjustified fear, it's better to leave it alone.

But holy #*!%, you would think that with time they would have learned to properly communicate such things. imagine if it had been 3000 ducats like PC.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

While this does a great job justifying for Bramma and Lenz, I'd appreciate some elaboration on why Artemis is excluded as well, it's already a fairly underutilized tool in Ivara's kit as by far the weakest exalted weapon, costing a ton of energy for very little gain, and is already a barely utilized tool in her kit as far as I've seen; most people play her exclusively for prowl and quiver to work in Spy vaults, or pickpocket extra loot from uncommon spawns. It's actually gotten to the point where I found myself low-key -judging- someone for using Artemis cause it's kinda trash.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Zsword said:

While this does a great job justifying for Bramma and Lenz, I'd appreciate some elaboration on why Artemis is excluded as well, it's already a fairly underutilized tool in Ivara's kit as by far the weakest exalted weapon, costing a ton of energy for very little gain, and is already a barely utilized tool in her kit as far as I've seen; most people play her exclusively for prowl and quiver to work in Spy vaults, or pickpocket extra loot from uncommon spawns. It's actually gotten to the point where I found myself low-key -judging- someone for using Artemis cause it's kinda trash.

cant help but wonder the same, didnt make much sense unlike the other two so i expected it to be a bug.