Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split Flights does not work on the Artemis bow or explosive bows [Dev Response]

TheFalseEclipse

Message added by Marcooose

Dear PC Tenno,

Today Baro Ki’Teer brought back the Split Flight Mod that was leaked a few months ago when it wasn’t quite ready yet. At that time, we were working on the Kuva Bramma concept internally and knew this Mod would cause some issues, so we held the Split Flight Mod back.
The Split Flights Mod, upon hit, drastically increases multishot while reducing accuracy for a short duration for bows. Making this Mod pretty powerful in the right moment!

Split Flights is not compatible with Crossbows, the Lenz, Ivara’s Artemis Bow or the Kuva Bramma. This is intentional and completely our bad for not exposing that truth beforehand.

While bows like the Lenz and the Kuva Bramma see plenty of use across the board, they already vastly outperform regular bows in terms of multishot and AOE damage. Split Flights give these regular bows a chance to still be viable options to fit your playstyle by increasing multishot. Extra multishot for the Kuva Bramma or the Lenz would remove any realm of choice for what bow to equip, as they already do an incredible amount of multishot! 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!

2 minutes ago, CephalonLewd said:

thats a secondary weapon type as you can't use them in sniper sorties, and since they work in bow sorties their primary type is bow not sniper or launcher

So hold on, when I typed  "sniper" today in the search bar for the sortie, and had I equipped Lenz instead of vectis, the mission wouldn't have started? wew

32 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

So hold on, when I typed  "sniper" today in the search bar for the sortie, and had I equipped Lenz instead of vectis, the mission wouldn't have started? wew

Yes. 'Sniper' can also bring up anything that uses Sniper ammo, such as grenade launchers (which are classified as Assault Rifles for sortie conditions) or bows (which are classified as Bows).

2 hours ago, Zsword said:

I just want to say my statement may of been a bit extreme and I was quoting myself in a moment of weakness, and I always support people playing a weapon cause it's fun. Just, when in the moment, that understanding can slip the mind. You did continue to fortify the point I was intending to address: The Artemis Bow under-performs for its grandeur. (IMO, not just compared to its competition of bows, but to other exalted weapons, no other exalts cost energy per swing/shot.)

When I made my post I had no idea the Cernos Prime had the same multishot dynamic as the Artemis, which makes my main thought of 'maybe it's a coding error' irrelevant. If Cernos P can have it, so should Artemis.

It's all good. I don't hold any hostility towards you, I actually appreciate you bringing up the point about Artemis Bow being an under-performer as an exalted weapon compared to the other exalted weapons out there. I've lurked the wf reddit and the forums for a long while now and it's a viewpoint that I come across often whenever Artemis Bow is discussed, I've even had friends tell me in-game that they felt Artemis Bow was a under-performing exalted weapon in their experience.

Yeah, Cernos Prime being able to use Split Flights just feels like a kick in the groin to me and my Art-bow. I just wish DE would pay attention more to giving Ivara some QoL changes.

10 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

DE's metaphobia, the unrational fear of releasing something good, strikes again. What was that about DE realizing that a lot of first impressions have been bad lately?

wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the 'bait-and-switch' fraud of not telling it right on the mod description that some weapons even though they are bows are not viable. and yes, the fear of making a weapon, that usuall should be under the restriction of nuclear weapons in the first place, a bit more powerfull is rediculous - give us those few more megatons, i want to carpet bomb the whole valis in one draw!

So can we get any kind of refunds then? I'm really getting tired of the lack of information in your own game, DE.

I heard about the mod and got really excited, go through all the downloading bother, cache stuff to load quickly, I stay up till 4:30am because I don't know how late I was if i sleep Baro might be gone.

And low and behold only after I get the mod, put resources into it to max it out and try to put it into the good bows I like, not there.

I try another, not there. The bow dedicated frame Ivara? Nope. 

Thats a real lot of bother for something I was really excited for you could have stopped if you just gave us some basic bloody information a little easier.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Dear PC Tenno,

Today Baro Ki’Teer brought back the Split Flight Mod that was leaked a few months ago when it wasn’t quite ready yet. At that time, we were working on the Kuva Bramma concept internally and knew this Mod would cause some issues, so we held the Split Flight Mod back.

The Split Flights Mod, upon hit, drastically increases multishot while reducing accuracy for a short duration for bows. Making this Mod pretty powerful in the right moment!

Split Flights is not compatible with Crossbows, the Lenz, Ivara’s Artemis Bow or the Kuva Bramma. This is intentional and completely our bad for not exposing that truth beforehand.

While bows like the Lenz and the Kuva Bramma see plenty of use across the board, they already vastly outperform regular bows in terms of multishot and AOE damage. Split Flights give these regular bows a chance to still be viable options to fit your playstyle by increasing multishot. Extra multishot for the Kuva Bramma or the Lenz would remove any realm of choice for what bow to equip, as they already do an incredible amount of multishot! 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!

Lenz and Bramma make sense but it should 100% work on Artemis Bow. 

• Like 1

That's a shame. 

I've been more than a week without playing, then I saw this mod and got super excited to get it to use on my ivara, since it's my favourite warframe. Then, after an afternoon of farming with my gf, it doesn't work on that. It was pretty disappointing. Maybe they could put at least an alt text ingame to inform you it wouldn't work? Seems pretty unintuitive, considering you can use Artemis Bow on Bow-only sorties. (So sad, I'd like to see 35 arrows flying everywhere lol)

Hi DE, it would be very appreciated by the community that Artemis Bow works with Split Flights ! I can't figure the reasons why you chose it not to, but even though you have an overview of balancing & unleaked content to come, i'm pretty sure Split Flights on Artemis would increase our fun 🙂 (and we could build so many different things !!!! Love it)

Also, the Scarlet Spear content with sentients doesn't allow us to play with Concentrated Arrow much. I would see Split Fights a good way to make up for it, and bring more QoL to Ivara players 🙂

Regards

• Like 1

While none for confrontation, usually I can not understand, why people think this mod is okay not working on bows the like of Kuva Brama and the Lenz. It should not matter if it fires arrows that explode or Arrows that in reality are razorblades or Lightning.
The Mod says it works on bows. So rightfully people should asume it works on the bow of their choice.
Also people are okay with it not working on bows like the Lenz and the Kuva Brama because it would be perciefed as broken. We have a clear confirmation that the mod was made during the time Kuva Brama was developed. It would just be easier to not have the mod in the game. Why bother making it when it would be easier to write unique on it or name the Bows it works on, instead. Then again the Mod was known since last year, I believe. There have been videos out on how cool it is, on different weapons (including Crossbows). Then it was changed from available through "transmutation" to "Baro". Since almost three months people have been waiting for the arrival of this mod. Then it hits Baro. People are buying it and wondering why they can not equip it on a bow of their choosing despite it beeing a bow mod instead of unique mod.

People are in my entitled opinion rightfully sad at this. We get Login Informations with Updates telling us that we got back resources, we spent around 5 months ago and did not care back then to dump them into whatever we have been building with it at the time. Yet we do not get the Information "Hey, this mod that you or many others are waiting on, will not work like you asume it will. Please be wary". There is such a long time span in wich this could have been communicated to the players but it was not. On all occasions this mod strands with baro. It is in a week with an event that was especially in the start bugged beyond playable, had a nonedescribed extra Bonus that still after experiencing it and getting told by many people how it works does not make sense at least in my head.

The only thing I can say at this moment is: "Thank you for doing this, before the titania prime access was released, not after.".

On the Topic of Lenz and Kuva Brama beeing broken, They are most likely not. The reason why many players are playing them at the moment is the interaction with primed sure footed. Otherwise this bows would be niche I asume.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, --RV--DemonScarf said:

Lenz and Bramma make sense but it should 100% work on Artemis Bow. 

Does it make sense? The Split Flight stacks have a 2s timer before they expire. Lenz has a delay after being fired before it deals damage and that ignores the draw time, aim time (hit a wall or miss and you reset for sure) and travel time (bows are not hitscan). So can you really maintain stacks? Probably not. Bramma has a similar situation so in reality the stacks would only proc every other shot, and that assumes the first shot didn't kill everything already.

You guys at DE have reached a new low this time.

- Concerns about Kuva Bramma and Lenz are  so much crap after Aoe and selfdamage changes considering fking Saryn, Volt and Equinox, or the Ignis variants

- The mod excludes half of the primary "bows" in game and its of questionable utility on those that aren't innately multishot

- No believable justification on shafting crossbows and Ivara's Artemis Bow

- mod mechanical behaviour is inconsistant with everything released so far

- can't be stacked with split chamber

- excessive modding cost for what amounts to a subpar corrupted mod

- hefty downsides to precision and  short buff duration are incompatible with wepons with both flight time (badly done as well) and charge time

There's a ton of other things i'd like to throw at your face DE - just you don't deserve my time anymore after 3 consecutive main updates that were crapshows, a borked event

Was going back and forth whether to post or not about it cause im pretty sure DE doesn't even check threads after they pass 2-3 pages but here we go

As an Ivara main was looking forward for split flights since i heard about it a long time ago. With all the status changes and the falloff fiasco happening, made me stop using concentrated arrow (because it got affected for absolutely no reason) and went back to good ol fan spread. So split flight was an ideal mod for artemis,i go get it and then several moments later i was just done with DE and their lack of information/communication about stuff.

Artemis is a great weapon, played right (prowl+headshots) can deal some pretty serious damage, BUT, the game whether you like to call it somehow else or not, it's a horde shooter, you just go in and play so you can mow down enemies with overwhelming power, with either weapons or abilities or whatever. Artemis it's the only exalted primary weapon, it should live up to the expectations, instead, it gets overshadowed by other regular bows simply because they can already use mods that artemis can't. And im talking about the acolute mods, argon scope and bladed rounds.
So, not only we have already 2 mods that would fit perfectly on it to be not compatible, we get another "great" mod that ALSO ISN'T COMPATIBLE....and why? We don't even get an explanation for it....just cause,as it seems....

So you have an exalted primary weapon of a bow type 

Spoiler

(which means any way you wont be mowing down enemies as you would with an automatic rifle/shotgun, or ignis, or a launcher and chances are some other nuker frame is gonna kill the things you are aiming at way faster than you)

that already has limits on the mods that go to primary weapons, then you further kicking it down by not allowing it to use acolyte mods and then release a mod that you could just say it would be perfect for it and then say "JK, cant be used on artemis".
Why?

at this point just make split flight a cernos specific mod and save some face....

• Like 4

Artemis Bow, is a Bow (not a launcher, a grineer bow, or w/e subcategory). It has the very same gameplay as a Cernos, a Daikyu or a Dread. All these have Split Flights. Thunderbolt applies to Artemis, it is also kind of a specific mod. We've had a DE answer for Bramma & Lenz, that totally makes sense. Where's the satisfying explanation as of why Artemis Bow is left behind ? So now we have to burn energy and casting time to use a less efficient bow than Cernos/Daikyu with the exactly same gameplay ? What a 4th spell 😞

• Like 2

On 2020-03-27 at 2:56 PM, CpTKugelHagel said:

not even that, cant put depleted reload on it

Or Sharpshooter, unfortunately.

That one would fit as good (or even better) on a (normal) bow. Needing a bit more skill than using it on any "sniper".