Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

draknights

Split Flights 's problem

Dear DE,                                                  

I have waited split flights for many months but it make me disappointed .Split flights described that it can't be use by crossbow .OK fine ,it's unlucky for zhuge prime (crossbow) ,but why that KUVA BURAMMA and LENZ can't use this mod ? It is bow not cross bow . is that a description bug or any thing else?And split chamber can't equip together with split flights . their description aren't same why two of them can't be equip together? 

the same here, neither lenz and brahma, and the two are not crossbows, I spent ducat on it for nothing ...

I'm a little sad about Split Chamber, but did you actually think even for a second that Split Flights would allowed on either of the explode-y bows? The bows that are really only bows in name? The one where a huge boost to multishot and debuff to accuracy would just make them clear rooms even more effortlessly than they already do?

Did you really not see this coming?

Instead of just "bows" at the bottom of this mod it should read "certain bows we have not deemed 'overpowered'" 

16 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Doesnt work on Ivara Artemis bow too

I just noticed this too, as a matter of fact, Ivara was the sole reason I wanted this otherwise useless mod. DE, you should really have some caveat somewhere. I just wasted 300 Ducats on something I will now not likely use. 

PS

I should have prefaced this with the acknowledgement that DE is providing an excellent service during these times and appreciate the added struggle they must deal with in working from home. However, a bit of forethought in explaining what weapons this mod excluded would have been appreciated. 

45 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I'm a little sad about Split Chamber, but did you actually think even for a second that Split Flights would allowed on either of the explode-y bows? The bows that are really only bows in name? The one where a huge boost to multishot and debuff to accuracy would just make them clear rooms even more effortlessly than they already do?

OH I knew this would happen.  I could feel it.  😄

2 hours ago, C4STL3 said:

I just noticed this too, as a matter of fact

No offense here, but did you know this mod has been out for months?

Several people got it via Transmute before it was patched out of Transmute drops (happens quite a bit with new mods they put in the game but haven't released), and DE allowed those players to keep it. A bunch of people made videos detailing everything about the Mod back in like January(?). People have been asking for it to come with Baro every two weeks and lamenting this tested non-interaction.

On 2020-03-27 at 10:48 AM, SenorClipClop said:

No offense here, but did you know this mod has been out for months?

Yep. It even worked with artemis too which was why I was so excited about it. Now it's basically pointless except when used with mag. 

Pretty sure this is the wrong place for this thread too. Mobile forums and all.

I'm heavily disappointed in this "bows only" mod that doesn't work on most bows...

With what, a 2 second window in order to aquire a hit consecutively all the while losing accuracy...also, no Split Chamber. Any bow it made sense to put this mod on basically got the "no-go."

The bows you need accuracy on can have it, the ones that don't can't. It's a counter-intuitive decision. Collector's fodder.

On 2020-03-27 at 9:24 AM, SenorClipClop said:

Yeah, as a PVE game with a bow that shoots cluster-bombs that red crit...I actually can't fathom what difference it makes to allow a Reactive Mod that replaces a flat multi-shot...NVM, too much nerd rage over nothing...LOL, yeah, should have seen it coming.

On 2020-03-27 at 9:24 AM, SenorClipClop said:

I saw it coming.  Doesn't mean I appreciate it.  It's now a flavor mod that people will maybe occasionally use for lulz while clearing trash mobs, but never for serious content.

@DE:  If you're gonna release sidegrade mods to flood the mandatory mods out of being mandatory, they need to be sidegrades people would seriously consider?  No availability on crossbows?  Why?  None of them are even strong, and this makes things so hilariously inaccurate, it's not like people would be getting a major DPS boost out of it on single targets or something.  As for Lenz, it already fires fairly slowly, would this even be easy to use on it?  Even if it were, couldn't you just fiddle with the accuracy stat of Lenz and Bramma to make them hit yourself with staggers in most situations if you try to abuse them?  Accuracy is a fiddly, obfuscated and probably buggy stat anyway when it comes to bows, can't be that hard....

Oh, I get it.  It's because coding the AoE so it doesn't stack off of every target hit isn't feasible for some reason.  Also because potatoes would crash.

On 2020-03-29 at 4:13 PM, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Yeah, as a PVE game with a bow that shoots cluster-bombs that red crit..

Not without point strike/argon scope/vigilante set in conjunction they don't, and even then probably only like 4% of the time.  You need outside crit sources to see red crits on Bramma more often than once in a blue moon.

18 hours ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

It's now a flavor mod that people will maybe occasionally use for lulz while clearing trash mobs, but never for serious content

Idk Tenno, I've been using it pretty effectively vs higher-level targets on the Daikyu. The bow's high accuracy means the accuracy debuff isn't an issue as long as you're within ~35m, and the added multishot makes a Crit/Munitions build one-shot pretty much anything with the procs alone. Cernos Prime's fun for just the wild spray of like 16 arrows.

I used it with the Mutalist Cernos (I already have a nice multishot riven) and it lets you churn out gas clouds like it's going out of style. I think I shoot like 9 arrows at once once it's all spooled up. Each leaves its own cloud. Each cloud procs the multishot chance. 

Fully charged the aim isn't even that bad. Great for applying Viral or corrosive procs over a large area. Shame you can do the same with a Brahma and just flat out fill everything in one go....

I think the duration needs to be increased a bit, 2sec only really works when your the host and in ideal conditions, as a client I've had it drop off mid-combat several times with Mutalist Cernos with crowds in the gas clouds and ~120ms ping, it's just REALLY unreliable for clients with such short duration. for host it's manageable.
But theres SO much going on that can make it fall of:
notching+draw times
A single miss
cover
someone else kills your target
network shenanigans
target is one of those with dodge maneuvers
flight times
usual client-only things.

So i think there needs to be some alteration to how the mod works to make it more reliable.
Would also be nice with a Daikyu-specific bonus to it, since it's different from other bows and struggles a lot more with the short duration.

At a minimum, gaining a stack should reset all other stacks. The mod seems to want to be a sort of quick-shot focused mod where you don't charge but just plink a bunch of arrows in a rapid manner.

My non-Mutalist Cernos experience has been to open with a charged shot in the hopes of hitting several targets at once then immediately start quick firing from the hip. A charges shot does seem to have enough accuracy to be useful at mid range but if you don't hit a target (or 2 or 3) you're likely to lose several stacks.

This mod could use some tweaking, for sure, but it doesn't seem to be useless, it just fundamentally changed the entire play style of the Bow.