Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Firestorm work in the same way Fulmination does?

xcrimsonlegendx

Question

I use fulmination on my pox to increase the size of the gas clouds but now that we can use Firestorm on bows does it increase the gas cloud size from the mutalist cernos? I always have a hard time telling if the clouds are actually bigger. Both mods say they do basically the same thing but I'm not sure if it does.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx

4 answers to this question

Firestorm is effective on the Ignis or Ignis Wraith, but I have not tried it for a bow. I was considering testing it with the Bramma, but don't have a Mutalist...

EDIT:  Do you have the mod already, or thinking about getting it?

Edited by Canach

8 hours ago, Canach said:

Firestorm is effective on the Ignis or Ignis Wraith, but I have not tried it for a bow. I was considering testing it with the Bramma, but don't have a Mutalist...

EDIT:  Do you have the mod already, or thinking about getting it?

I have it already but its honestly hard to tell if it makes the cloud volume bigger.

On 2020-03-27 at 12:19 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I use fulmination on my pox to increase the size of the gas clouds but now that we can use Firestorm on bows does it increase the gas cloud size from the mutalist cernos? I always have a hard time telling if the clouds are actually bigger. Both mods say they do basically the same thing but I'm not sure if it does.

I'm 99% sure it does, although the base radius of the cloud is so small it's not that easy to see the difference.  Furthermore there's no  size change  in the visual "haze" effect that I could tell.

But targets in the cloud radius get a weapon energy color effect and damage pop-ups. So  I set up a cluster of enemies in the simulacrum, and while shooting at the same spot in the floor could get cloud damage on the furthest target every time with Firestorm, and none of the time without it.

Using the rangefinder on a Sniper, distance from my aim point to the furthest target affected without Firestorm was 1.6m, and with Firestorm was 2.2m.  2.2 is more than 24% larger than 1.6 obviously, but these are just minimums.  So the unmodded radius, if the rangefinder is accurate, is somewhere between 1.6 and 2.1.   I suppose I'd guess 2m just because DE likes round numbers, so then almost 2.5m with the mod.  Someday maybe I'll try to figure out the actual radius, but that's it for now.

Anyway, probably not worth a mod slot for a half meter of radius. 

Edited by Tiltskillet