Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Basmu Blueprint Mastery Restriction

BornKill

Hi, I had a loooong break from Warframe and I just came back 2-3 weeks ago, so bare with me please.

I am intrigued though, why oh why is the blueprint for Basmu rank restricted (alongside other weapons of course)?

I'm currently just about to reach mastery rank 10 and there is no way on earth I will be able to reach rank 11 by the end of the event.... Of course there is no real harm, if i wont get it, however I'm sitting at more that 60K scarlet credits right now and I can't even spend them on what I actually want.

My question is why - in general- are blueprints rank restricted? Can't just the weapon be restricted from use, or from being crafted until required rank?

This makes no sense to me to lock the blueprint from buying. I understand locking a complete weapon, ready to use, but blueprint?

That way one could at least get something that they want to use later down the road when they finally reach the required rank. If Basmu is one time event restricted this makes no sense... unless of course it isn't and will be available for premium later 🤨

I hope someone will at least read it and maybe give it a thought.

Thanks for reaching this point 😁

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BornKill said:

and there is no way on earth I will be able to reach rank 11 by the end of the event....

25 days won't suffice for these few MR points? Don't take this personal but what are you doing?

Craft stuff, take them with you to the event and rank up 2 trash weapons per run.

Hardcore addicts can reach MR25 in 4 weeks (2 friends did this...tho it's not advised to do it)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BornKill said:

Hi, I had a loooong break from Warframe and I just came back 2-3 weeks ago, so bare with me please.

I am intrigued though, why oh why is the blueprint for Basmu rank restricted (alongside other weapons of course)?

I'm currently just about to reach mastery rank 10 and there is no way on earth I will be able to reach rank 11 by the end of the event.... Of course there is no real harm, if i wont get it, however I'm sitting at more that 60K scarlet credits right now and I can't even spend them on what I actually want.

My question is why - in general- are blueprints rank restricted? Can't just the weapon be restricted from use, or from being crafted until required rank?

This makes no sense to me to lock the blueprint from buying. I understand locking a complete weapon, ready to use, but blueprint?

That way one could at least get something that they want to use later down the road when they finally reach the required rank. If Basmu is one time event restricted this makes no sense... unless of course it isn't and will be available for premium later 🤨

Check your inbox and use it well.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

25 days won't suffice for these few MR points? Don't take this personal but what are you doing?

Craft stuff, take them with you to the event and rank up 2 trash weapons per run.

Hardcore addicts can reach MR25 in 4 weeks (2 friends did this...tho it's not advised to do it)

Ye hardcore sure, I have a job so even if i wanted to i can't grind THAT much 😆

1 hour ago, BornKill said:

1st of all most likely it will be later available in some way
2nd of all u are damn right we cant craft something out of bp if we dont have enough resources while we can say mr is also resource we gain
than how stupid it would sound if u could not get bp for FOR EXAMPLE lesion just because you dont have enough mutagen mass?

im 100% with u
we should be able to get any bp for anything but be able to craft it only after we reach required mr

that is valid point u should go with it to feedback

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

1st of all most likely it will be later available in some way
2nd of all u are damn right we cant craft something out of bp if we dont have enough resources while we can say mr is also resource we gain
than how stupid it would sound if u could not get bp for FOR EXAMPLE lesion just because you dont have enough mutagen mass?

im 100% with u
we should be able to get any bp for anything but be able to craft it only after we reach required mr

that is valid point u should go with it to feedback

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this is odd.

I'll try writing it down in feedback section, thanks 🙂

52 minutes ago, Zsword said:

That IS weird, I coulda sworn you could buy BPs without the mastery, cause that'd make a great incentive for lower rank players to play and get something to build up to. 😕

Well, perhaps you could... but not anymore. All mastery locked BPs are not "buy-able". Button shows "MASTERY LOCKED" and clicking it doesn't do anything.

EDIT: for some reason i can't link the image so here you go:
https://imgur.com/1MGwcp6

Edited by BornKill
added screenshot

yeah its a bit annoying, previous events/operations you just had to complete and you got whatever weapon was on offer regardless of your MR, it was a good thing for all players including new ones, i think new players can only cash-in on the repeating fissure event on venus to get the opticor vandal atm.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, i just started back a little bit ago, still MR 6. i grinded the credits required just to then find out that i need to be a higher MR to buy the blueprint. now with only a week or 2 left i have no way of boosting my MR high enough to get it.

Basmu feels like a filler weapon. It is average in every aspect. It doesn't feel that strong or entertaining like the Shedu. Some tweaks should be made to make the weapon more exciting and relevant. Even if people spend five formas in it and a riven the weapons doesn't provide that push to use it much. 

On 2020-03-28 at 2:29 AM, BornKill said:

Nope, button for purchase is locked.

Wow. So I have been playing Operation SS since day one, and I have 135000 credits, and I can't buy anything because I'm MR10 and haven't started the Second Dream quest yet!? I have been playing Warframe for four years now, every day. I have 22 frames, hundreds of relics, 4000+ hours in the game, and I'm not able to save up blueprints to use them later? I can do it with prime parts. I have mastery rank 11 and 12 prime weapons sitting in my foundry, waiting patiently to be crafted. How is this different from my daily grind in WF!? (I"m not yelling at you, by the way, I'm just shocked if this is actually the case, because why would DE let people in my situation spend literally three to seven hours a day grinding the even mission if I cannot benefit from the rewards!) I have a job, too. It's not like I do nothing but play WF (I'm a freaking professor at a university, for crying out loud!), but I also play every day and expect to be able to advance at my own pace, yet still be given the option to gather resources and weapons to unlock later, as with any other part of the game. 

I will very sad and quite angry if OpSS rewards are kept from me simply because DE didn't think that a "lower-level" player would grind through the mission like everyone else. Waiting for the rewards is fine. Being denied them is something else altogether.

Update: I just went to a flotilla and double checked the situation. You are all correct - the weapon blueprints cannot be purchased if you are under MR11. Luckily, the arcanes seem to be able to be purchased, but maybe that's because of the quests I have completed and has nothing to do with MR level. 

Why DE thinks this is a good policy, I have no idea. This should be changed. Players who grind through the event should be able to purchase anything they want, and save it for later when they are able to unlock the weapon. Extremely disappointing and unfair, in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I would have been ten times more angry without your warnings. Thank you fellow Tenno.

Edited by Kingseesar
Update

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Kingseesar:

Wow. So I have been playing Operation SS since day one, and I have 135000 credits, and I can't buy anything because I'm MR10 and haven't started the Second Dream quest yet!? I have been playing Warframe for four years now, every day. I have 22 frames, hundreds of relics, 4000+ hours in the game, and I'm not able to save up blueprints to use them later? I can do it with prime parts. I have mastery rank 11 and 12 prime weapons sitting in my foundry, waiting patiently to be crafted. How is this different from my daily grind in WF!? (I"m not yelling at you, by the way, I'm just shocked if this is actually the case, because why would DE let people in my situation spend literally three to seven hours a day grinding the even mission if I cannot benefit from the rewards!) I have a job, too. It's not like I do nothing but play WF (I'm a freaking professor at a university, for crying out loud!), but I also play every day and expect to be able to advance at my own pace, yet still be given the option to gather resources and weapons to unlock later, as with any other part of the game. 

I will very sad and quite angry if OpSS rewards are kept from me simply because DE didn't think that a "lower-level" player would grind through the mission like everyone else. Waiting for the rewards is fine. Being denied them is something else altogether.

Update: I just went to a flotilla and double checked the situation. You are all correct - the weapon blueprints cannot be purchased if you are under MR11. Luckily, the arcanes seem to be able to be purchased, but maybe that's because of the quests I have completed and has nothing to do with MR level. 

Why DE thinks this is a good policy, I have no idea. This should be changed. Players who grind through the event should be able to purchase anything they want, and save it for later when they are able to unlock the weapon. Extremely disappointing and unfair, in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I would have been ten times more angry without your warnings. Thank you fellow Tenno.

You Play for 4 years and are MR 10?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheDarkDemon01 said:

You Play for 4 years and are MR 10?

Yeah. I know. Sound ridiculous, but it's true. Luckily, I'm one mission (ranking up a weapon or something ) away from being able to take the MR11 test, so I will do that for the Basmu, but yeah - I grind like a fiend and I have daily goals, weekly goals, and general goals, playing about three to six hours a day on average (This Saturday, I played 14 hours. Sunday, I had to work, so I only played one ground attack mission - you get the idea). I play a lot at my own pace. That's the only reason I'm grumpy about this. I feel like I'm being penalized for enjoying the game and taking my time. It's great if you are higher level! That's my goal, after all. I just don't want to be left out when I'm sending codes left an right like everyone else (and I don't think other's should be either, including those more sane players that rank up faster, but just haven't gotten to MR11 yet). Anyway, sorry to rant. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just frustrated to some extent. Sorry again. 

Edited by Kingseesar
typos

To my knowledge, the foundry will refuse to build weapons that are MR locked. In the past I've had several Invasion blueprints and prime blueprints that would just sit in the foundry until I reached the required MR level.

Why DE doubles down on these blueprint restrictions in the Market, Dojo and Little Duck is beyond me. It's especially unfortunate given that this might be a one time event!