Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Errant

(PSN)SpidersFaintAtk

Hey all, I know I’m too late for the community design event, but I wanted to throw my idea out there and get some feedback. Without further ado, here’s Errant!

In a galaxy of epics, from an age of heroes, legends seep from the mouths of mothers into the ears of frightened babes as life-giving water trickles from a spring. However, not every story becomes legend. Not every hero is glorified. In a system bereft in death and suffering, there are hapless souls whose stories end before they can begin. Or fall from grace, to sacrifice all only to have their story buried and scrubbed from the history books. What is all too often the case, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Errant

Once long ago there was a legend on Old Earth of a black knight. A warrior clad in honor and fury, a twisted reflection of the heroes of legend. The black knight stood vigilant as a lesson to those who would put the ends before the means: That even the good can fall, that those one calls friend can easily become foe. And most important of all, that one day you will have to face your worst enemy of all:  yourself.

Errant’s story begins in the heat of war. In the events following the Zariman Ten Zero Incident, production of warframes began to sweep through the young and ambitious of the Orokin. Proof of concept was a simple one: A knight in shining armor to inspire the troops and smash through the enemy in a glorious charge. After the initial run of prototype models, the approval process began to stall through one parts bureaucratic red tape and two parts corporate sabotage. When the intent of the warframe program began to turn towards clandestine operations and away from open warfare, Errant was relegated to support operations. Seemingly forgotten and drowning in desperation, Errant began to listen more and more to the whispers in the back of her mind as the ships she guarded traveled through the void. They spoke of old, long forgotten legends of glory, of pain, of sacrifice.

Errant’s form seemed to twist into something as dark as her mind. Gallantry begat zealotry, and loyalty gave way to fanaticism. No cost seemed too great to her, no sacrifice unnecessary. Her famous inspirational charges gave way to frenzied urges to slaughter, driving her allies into a bloodlust that would sometimes not stop even after the enemy was long dead. As the war progressed it became clear that to whom she proclaimed fealty was not the Orokin. Little is known just what became of Errant during and after the war. What few records remain come from the journals of witnesses long dead in journals long hidden. There are no official records remaining beyond her initial trials. Whether a casualty of the Sentients or quietly removed by the Red Veil, it seemed that Errant had been completely forgotten. That is, until the whispers began again. Siren calls pulling hapless explorers into ancient Orokin crypts; finding pieces of armor that were at once beautiful and horrifying.

We try to forget the things that shame us. The mistakes we make throughout our lives. The universe is quick exhume those skeletons should we ever falter. The black knight has risen again, she stands contesting your journey and there is only one person with whom you must now face.

Yourself.

Appearance:

Standard Frame:             

Errant is a lithe and beautiful frame whose appearance was prioritized over practicality. She was meant to appear both fragile and inspirational, in order to bolster her allies. She is covered in shining armor that is both protective and lightweight in order to maintain her mobility. In order to charge effectively her legs split laterally along the pelvis, becoming four legs. On her right arm is a lance, whose point retracts to rest in the base and her left arm holds a device to fire flechettes. Her torso is protected by a Muscular Cuirass, stained with darkness as if burned into a bluing. Her back, once also armored and held straight in triumph, now is bent and gaunt, riddled with spines. Her default helmet too is a gross caricature of her former beauty. Bulbous and luminous, it now resembles a cancerous tumor also beset with spines.

Deluxe/Prime Skin Options:

Her Prime skin could be her original prototype, clad in shining armor with Hussars wings on her back.

Deluxe ideas:

·         Black Knight?

·         Horse/Jockey

Helmet Ideas:

·         Cancer Helm (Default)

·         Chesspiece (Horse helm)

·         Knight helm

Stats and Abilities:

Statline:

Health: 100/300

Armor: 100

Shields: 100/300

Energy: 150/225

Sprint Speed: 1.10

Polarities:

Aura: Madurai

Exilus: None

Main: 1 Vazarin, 1 Naramon

Abilities:

Passive:

·         Option 1: +100% Status Duration.

·         Option 2: Puncture Procs on enemies give a bonus 5% damage from allie’s weapons for each Proc, stacking to total of 50% bonus damage.

·         Option 3: +100% Bleedout Duration.

First Ability: Flechette

Errant fires her flechettes from her left arm in a 60 degree arc in front of her. Each flechette has a 100% Puncture Proc.

Energy Cost: 25

·         Ability Efficiency

Damage: 100/200/300/400 Puncture damage.

·         Ability Strength

Range: 15m

·         Ability Range

Misc:

·         One-handed action.

·         10 flechettes fired. Affected by Ability Effeciency (+100% = 20 flechettes)

·         Projectile Speed: 75 m/s. Affected by Ability Strength.

·         Projectile Flight Path: Straight

·         Rate of Fire: 6.83 rds/s

·         Noise level: Alarming

·         Cast time: 1 Second

Augment:

·         Option 1: Disarm-Enemies hit by flachettes have a 30% chance of being disarmed.

·         Option 2: Homing Swarm- Flechettes track targets even around cover. (Maximum 120 degree turn angle, does not exceed ability range.)

Second Ability: Joust

Errant deploys her lance from her right arm and charges headlong through the enemy. Enemies in her path are mown down and those caught by her lance are thrown. All affected enemies suffer a 100% puncture proc.

Energy Cost:

Maximum: 20/s

Minimum: 4/s

·         Affected by Ability Efficiency.

Damage:

Lance: 200/400/600/800 Puncture Damage.

AoE: 100/200/300/400 Puncture Damage.

·         Affected by Ability Strength.

Range: N/A

AoE: 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2m

·         Affected by Ability Range.

Misc:

·         Errant moves at +60% Sprint Speed. Affected by Ability Strength and Sprint Speed.

·         Enemies hit directly by the lance (30 degrees in front of Errant) are knocked back 10m. Affected by Ability Strength (+100% = 20m)

·         Enemies within her AoE are ragdolled.

·         Errant cannot jump while charging.

·         If Errant hits a wall or obstacle, she takes 100 impact damage.

·         After the ability key is released, Errant will skid to a stop at 3/m. If she is skidding into an object she will not take damage.

·         Immune to damage while charging.

·         Errants legs split into 4 while charging. Her lance extends from her right arm.

·         Noise level: Alarming

·         Casting time: 2 Seconds. Affected by Ability Cast Speed.

Augment:

·         Option 1: Bangalore/Kamakaze/Panzerfaust: Both Errant and enemy(s) are dealt 20,000 Blast damage upon contact with lance.  Has a blast radius of 3m.

·         Option 2: Calvary Charge: Doubles cast time. Creates 3 1.5m circles on the ground for allies to enter. Allies that enter will join the charge and leap 20m forward each creating their own AoE shockwave. This shockwave deals 600 puncture damage with a 100% Puncture proc and ragdolls any enemies caught in the AoE. AoE radius is 1.5m. Allies who charge will be invulnerable while charging, have their health and energy restored, and be given 50 bonus armor for 20 seconds.

Third Ability: Guidon

Errant deploys a banner that inspires her allies. Allies within the radius gain bonus Puncture damage on weapons and bonus status chance.

Energy Cost: 50

·         Affected by Ability Effeciency.

Strength:

·         Puncture Damage: +15%/+30%/+45%/+60%

·         Status Chance: 5/10/15/20%

·         Fire Rate Speed: +10%/20%/30%/40%

·         Affected by Ability Strength

Range:

·         Radius: 3m

Duration:

·         Guidon Duration: 10/15/20/25s

·         Bonus Duration: 10/15/20/25s

·         Affected by Ability Duration

Misc:

·         Maximum deployable guidons: 4

·         Casting time: 1 second. Affected by Casting Speed.

·         Deployed Guidons cannot be moved. Newest Guidon will replace oldest.

Augments:

·         Option 1: Ichor: Guidon Radius creates a pool of tar that immobilizes enemies and deals 50 Corrosive damage per second.

·         Option 2: Frenzied Fetish: Maximum guidon deployment limited to 1. Radius is 10m. Each enemy killed within the radius multiplies the effects of the guidon by 1.5 Maxes out at 6 times.

Fourth Ability: Voodoo

Errant makes the ultimate sacrifice and removes remaining health. While in bleedout, Errant creates a radius in which enemies’ damage will reflect back upon themselves. Damage dealt to enemies is based on their base damage and multiplied for each puncture proc applied for a maximum of 10 times.

Energy Cost: 0 (Uses Errants health)

Duration: Dependent on Bleedout.

Range:

·         Radius: 7.5/10/15/20m

·         Affected by Ability Range

Misc:

·         Similar to Magnetize, redirects all bullets and projectiles directly back into the enemy. Hitscan weapons deal damage immediately, while projectiles will travel 0.5m before redirecting. Melee attacks will deal damage immediately. Attacks that create AoE will still create AoE, but reflected directly backwards.

·         Damage dealt is based on the base damage an enemy will do, rather than the reduced damage from Puncture procs.

·         Reviving Errant will cause the effect to dissipate after 3s.

·         2 Second cast time. If Errant is downed before completing the ritual, the ability will still go into affect as long as its in the span of those 2 seconds.

·         Reduces enemy movement speed by 75%.

Augment:

Evil Twin: Any enemy that dies in the radius creates a specter. Specters last for 20s or for 10s after the radius dissipates.  

Philosphy of Use:

Errant was devised to mitigate a few issues I see in the game. First, that players are too risk adverse and choose frames that can either be invulnerable like Octavia or Ivara or incredibly durable like Inaros. I would like to see an alternative to that style of play. I figured a frame that has a hard-hitting or fun gimmick will help players have more fun taking risks. The other is the complete lack of emphasis on Puncture procs. I’ve always enjoyed puncture but it seems to be constantly eclipsed by other better elements. Errants abilities all inflict puncture procs, help her allies apply procs, and capitalize on those procs with her 4. She’s a very cooperative-heavy frame, and I don’t know how’d she do solo unless you’re running with a kavat or a Djinn with sacrifice/reawaken.

That’s the whole thing, so please let me know what you think. Thanks!

• Like 1

I like the knight aesthetic and also love the all but one of the abilities. Personally speaking I don't believe players would want to sacrafice their life just to deal reflection damage like in the fourth ability . However, I still love most of this Warframe's kit. All in all, you clearly had a plan in mind and that truly shows with errants lore and grotesque appearance described above.

Thanks for responding! I'm glad you like the idea! Would you have any suggestions for the four ability besides damage reflection? I'd like to keep the sacrifice/bleedout mechanic to dissuade risk adversity in the player base, but maybe there's something else that could encourage them? I have a few other ideas:

Option 1: Enemies that die in the radius guve double affinity (I'm thinking specific use on Hydron here)

Option 2: Same as above but double credits.

Option 3: Kills all enemies/deals damage based on puncture procs, then creates specters. (not my favorite idea since Nekros and Inaros have  a similar gimmick.)

Lemme know what you think!

• Like 1

My problem with this frame is not a problem with the frame. Pucture damage sucks , so either a frame based on puncture damage is not based on picture damage or it will suck. It is old Khorra problem of the Chad slash damage agaist the Virgin puncture damage. 

As far as the desing is concerned thr 1, 2 and 3 are solid execution of the theme but the warframe lacks either the survabily or the cc necessary to survive. Maybe trown in a armor bonus per enemy jousted ( per enemy hit by joust) 

The 4th skill is quite odd. The desing is interesting but it is not quite finished nor it belongs with the rest of frame. It is incomplete because it needs a self revival clause otherwise it is kinda useless on solo play. It does not fit because 1 to 3 seens like knight frame skills and the 4 goes straight to Vodoo. The vodoo does not work at all with knight because knights are from European culture and voodoo from african. If you want to make a magical knight go with european magic like magic knight , paladin or witch knight ( not exactly sure about this one but is more plausible ). Also if you are doing a kit with two influences try to balance them. Dont make passive , skill 1 to 3 related to 1 theme and sundely the last skill is totally unrelated to the rest.

A final note either quote people or @(PS4)SpidersFaintAtk ( write theit name like this ) so they get a notification that you repleied 

Edit: slaping magical items on I knight frame also works because people will presume they gathered them along their journey.

Edited by keikogi

Sorry I took so long. However, for Errants 4th Ability a mix of option 3 (specters-scaling damage) and option 1 (around 5-10% extra affinity) would make her standout and definitely be picked.

Also, another way to show sacrifice  (4th Ability) would be having Errant give (90% of her health) to give some sort of cost to the ability.