Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aliothale

Props to DE for Split Flights.

This is everything a bow main could've asked for. Seriously.. you guys made my day. Bows were really lacking in the close-medium range DPS department and this mod completely cured that issue.

You might want to nerf the Mutalist Cernos elemental damage reproccing this mod though. It's a little nutso.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Aliothale said:

You might want to nerf the Mutalist Cernos 

You are your worst enemy.

Why? Why would you want that? Most bows are already obsolete because they cant basically deal with multiple enemies. You were also talking about how this mod improved the long range sniping in an another thread which I am curious how that happens since the mod gives you like what? hundreds of -accuracy.

This mod is nothing but a garbo when you take the magnificent -accuracy numbers into account. Let alone suggestion a nerf on a bow because of this low tier mod.

14 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

You are your worst enemy.

Why? Why would you want that? Most bows are already obsolete because they cant basically deal with multiple enemies. You were also talking about how this mod improved the long range sniping in an another thread which I am curious how that happens since the mod gives you like what? hundreds of -accuracy.

This mod is nothing but a garbo when you take the magnificent -accuracy numbers into account. Let alone suggestion a nerf on a bow because of this low tier mod.

Are you capable of even reading? You've quoted me twice taking things out of context. Finish reading a damn sentence before you start keyboard warrioring.

34 minutes ago, Aliothale said:

Are you capable of even reading? You've quoted me twice taking things out of context. Finish reading a damn sentence before you start keyboard warrioring.

First of all lets go over something important, the MECHANICS on how split flight works. Despite the fact it gives +100% multi shot on hit and stacks up to 4 times for a crazy +400% multi shot bonus, it only lasts 2 seconds, which thankfully im sure it works by a refreshable as long as you hit something mechanic, Cause if it worked on separate stack timers then it would be insanely difficult to use at max potential.

Now even if D.E. did buff bows so a Daikyu has a 1 second draw time and a dread has a .5 one, you have to be practically spam shooting it close range to make use of, which considering bows are normally precision based weapons, having the accuracy drop can reduce the chance of keeping up hits.

There is a good reason why Mutalist Cernos is considered the only viable bow for this mod since explosives & cross bows were not allowed access to it.

Because being able to keep persistent procs is what allows one to take advantage of it, which the more mods you have to slap on to band-aid a weapon (vile acceleration in this regard or a riven with fire rate) for the mechanic on the other, the more overall DPS that can get ruined. Plus why would you use a bow acting like a rapid fire shotgun when you have Kuva Kohm, Vaykor Hek and other ones that do the same and have likely significantly better status chance proc too.

Lets not even get started that despite blood rush, weeping wounds and condition overload are highly popular mods, they lose usability if you cannot make use of the mechanics they have often enough, the same which split flights could do for any bow that cannot circumvent that nasty 2 second duration on procs, kind of why if its going to be highly restricted on what bows they can use it, it needs to be bumped up to 4 seconds so its more usable to give time to say turn around and aim at another enemy to keep it going..

23 minutes ago, Avienas said:

First of all lets go over something important, the MECHANICS on how split flight works. Despite the fact it gives +100% multi shot on hit and stacks up to 4 times for a crazy +400% multi shot bonus, it only lasts 2 seconds, which thankfully im sure it works by a refreshable as long as you hit something mechanic, Cause if it worked on separate stack timers then it would be insanely difficult to use at max potential.

Now even if D.E. did buff bows so a Daikyu has a 1 second draw time and a dread has a .5 one, you have to be practically spam shooting it close range to make use of, which considering bows are normally precision based weapons, having the accuracy drop can reduce the chance of keeping up hits.

There is a good reason why Mutalist Cernos is considered the only viable bow for this mod since explosives & cross bows were not allowed access to it.

Because being able to keep persistent procs is what allows one to take advantage of it, which the more mods you have to slap on to band-aid a weapon (vile acceleration in this regard or a riven with fire rate) for the mechanic on the other, the more overall DPS that can get ruined. Plus why would you use a bow acting like a rapid fire shotgun when you have Kuva Kohm, Vaykor Hek and other ones that do the same and have likely significantly better status chance proc too.

Lets not even get started that despite blood rush, weeping wounds and condition overload are highly popular mods, they lose usability if you cannot make use of the mechanics they have often enough, the same which split flights could do for any bow that cannot circumvent that nasty 2 second duration on procs, kind of why if its going to be highly restricted on what bows they can use it, it needs to be bumped up to 4 seconds so its more usable to give time to say turn around and aim at another enemy to keep it going..

I'm having 0 issues keeping it procced. I do not want it to be longer either because that ruins the potential for long range shots.The bows I'm using it on have .5 reload and .15-.19 draw speed. So yes, my bows are spammable, and luckily for me I have the mechanical skill to keep hitting the targets to keep it going. It's a straight up upgrade over Split Chamber.. if you don't want to use it.. then don't.