Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballerina theme could be good.

Razorv2

When I hear ballerina frame, Irelia from league of legends come to my mind instantly. Just for any lucky soul who doesnt know league of legends but lucky enough to know about lore of it, Irelia commands her blades with an special dancing moves. While reading her lore it seemed like ballerine moves and similar dancing moves.

Imagine a warframe dancing like ballerina and comanding blades, killing enemies while being fabulous xd.

But its DE and I know they will find a way to ruin it and fix it later.

Edit: I want to see wat other people can find.

Soo lets change a little bit. Lets find how much we can squeeze different characters from one single concept. 

Again, it was mentioned and its from LoL Orianna does move like ballerine. Also she has very unique-ish (using abilities from one single object, like bending.) concept meshed with ballerine theme. 

I saw some cards on Yu-gi-oh, like Lunalight archetype is built around animal-dancer-humanoid theme (Atleast cards I saw was like that. I play yu-gi-oh duel links not full TCG).

What did you see on other games-mangas-animes-films that can be ballerine theme but looks cool and acctually interesting ?

Post it here. Lets see the potential of one single concept. Maybe If we can find enough examples, We can see ballerine themed warframe in future. Assuming DE starting to run out of ideas which I think they already do. Lets give them some good examples.

Edited by Razorv2
Result is already announced. Its broken frame concept. Also this theme has potential.

Ballerina would be great. When I saw the top ten list, Ballerina was my top choice because nothing else felt that much unique and fun. Also, the Broken Frame concept sounds like a "bugframe" .. which is sort of a community given name for warframe, in less positive way. I don't want to see a warframe based on that.

15 hours ago, Eklectus said:

You're starting to step on Garuda's toes there, mate.

I have a lot of hate towards garuda because of that nonsense shield design. Her abilities sound very cool, gameplay is good, Her design is very good, one of my favorite but that shield...  She wants to get close and stay inside groups but that shield only protects her front?? What kind of design is that? Its not even survival issue, you cant utilize her shield damage absorbtion properly.

So yeah garuda can cry on corner.

Edited by Razorv2

8 minutes ago, Razorv2 said:

I have a lot of hate towards garuda because of that nonsense shield design. She wants to get close and stay inside groups but that shield only protects her front?? What kind of design is that? Its not even survival issue, you cant utilize her shield damage absorbtion properly.

Preaching to the choir. The disjointed kit that's fighting between staying in melee and keeping distance on a frame that's supposed to be elegantly eviscerating her enemies was (and is) my number one criticism of her and reason to call for a rework. Doesn't mean that the theme hasn't already been taken.

13 minutes ago, Razorv2 said:

I have a lot of hate towards garuda because of that nonsense shield design. She wants to get close and stay inside groups but that shield only protects her front?? What kind of design is that? Its not even survival issue, you cant utilize her shield damage absorbtion properly.

Garuda doesn't really want to get close. She just wants to deal damage. How you do it is your total freedom since Garuda goes decently with any kind of playstyle, though you definitely want stuff to be in front of you and not around you. If you get surrounded, you either reposition yourself or use blood altar to tank where you are. That said, having to rush at an enemy just to generate a shield is definitely not great design. It would work better if it was a ranged attack instead.

But we're digressing : this is not a thread about Garuda. If any of you want to speak about that matter, feel free to create a new thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eklectus said:

Preaching to the choir. The disjointed kit that's fighting between staying in melee and keeping distance on a frame that's supposed to be elegantly eviscerating her enemies was (and is) my number one criticism of her and reason to call for a rework. Doesn't mean that the theme hasn't already been taken.

I acctually enjoy similar or same themes on every single game I play.

Whats that Zofia and ash does same thing? Buck is better then sledge? In the end character that are very similar are always have something to add to experience.

6 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

Garuda doesn't really want to get close. She just wants to deal damage. How you do it is your total freedom since Garuda goes decently with any kind of playstyle, though you definitely want stuff to be in front of you and not around you. If you get surrounded, you either reposition yourself or use blood altar to tank where you are. That said, having to rush at an enemy just to generate a shield is definitely not great design. It would work better if it was a ranged attack instead.

But we're digressing : this is not a thread about Garuda. If any of you want to speak about that matter, feel free to create a new thread.

Well post is ded kinda because decision have been made. Broken warframe is new theme. 

And If We were disscuss problems of other frames, this post will be unrelevant. So I agree with you. But I wont make another post. 

Edited by Razorv2

5 minutes ago, MagicalNate said:

I came up with a Ballerina idea back in december

Well done. I was looking something like this. I like the idea. Its good, its goofy, sounds fun. I can enjoy seeing or playing warframe like this. Though name kinda stands weird. 

Just now, Razorv2 said:

Well done. I was looking something like this. I like the idea. Its good, its goofy, sounds fun. I can enjoy seeing or playing warframe like this. Though name kinda stands weird. 

Catherine de' Medici is basically the mother of ballet as we know it now, so I used her name.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-28 at 12:46 PM, Razorv2 said:

nope, he doesnt do the way I described it. Revenant is like meme in ability.

Revenant does it so beautifully, lasers radiate from his person and kills the audience.