Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Hosts NEED more control over their ship and crew need to learn about work division

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

I don't care how many different people have to say this.  Rando's should not just be able to hit up my nav console and decide that the mission is over and we're going somewhere else on MY ship.  This isn't like a pub star chart mission where everyone brings their own stuff and then afterwards someone can throw up a mission and people can vote.  Even the annoying option for people to start the timer can be vetoed by the squad or you can leave, which if you're the host, disbands the party.  This isn't that, not just because there's no voting, no timer, no nothing.  That would be bad and annoying enough, because people starting the timer while you're changing a loadout IS bad and annoying enough.  This is different because this is MY ship.  If your ship can't cut it to run the anomaly so you need to crew on mine, you shouldn't get to pick when we leave.  This is like someone hijacking one of your loadouts because theirs isn't good enough for sortie and then starting the timer on you.  It's total BS.  And yes, this matters.  There's a functionally less than half hour window with nearly a 3 hour wait in between anomalies (which is an issue in itself.) and someone just sent my ship back to drydock, through a bunch of loading screens without re-upping any of the consumables or anything.  If we had started another run right away I could have got another run in and dude could have aborted at the start of the next mission and kept his loot.  Instead it despawned literally seconds after we got back.  Not to mention how unbelievably irritating it is for the game to pop up with a warning that I need to get back on MY ship right now, because MY ship is leaving without me.

Railjack with ANY crew that you don't already know really well, recruit chat, pub, whatever, is already annoying enough.  People want to spam avionics that the pilot should have control of, but not go make flux.  They want to spam missiles when the pilot is the one that knows what priority is, because the pilot is the one that knows where the ship is going since they're the one flying it, but they don't want to go make more.  Thing is, I don't care how many missiles get spammed at enemies outside the void hole I'm using to group them as long as: I have missiles and access to them when I need them and someone is keeping us stocked.  Missiles away man.  Take out those ram sleds and outriders and crew ship shields.  I'm great with that.  Go build more and don't screw with the enemies I'm grouping because I know the timing of when I fired the avionics.  People want to sit and AFK on ships and not do the work that needs doing and constantly duplicate effort.  "Oh, you're having zero trouble taking out all the fighters but there's no one running engineering, no one on ground POIs and no one taking out crew ships?  Let me jump on a turret and help with those fighters.  I hear you have flux you haven't burned yet."

There's a max of 4 of us, my dude.  Be where someone else isn't.

TL;DR:  The ONLY thing that is going to save Railjack from the state it's in if they somehow don't screw up the command intrinsic and they actually make it useful as a crew replacement.

• Like 3