Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus' synergies with his signature weapons?

TazMman

Hello everyone! 

Since the new frames (like wisp or grendel) get synergies with their weapons (fulmin and masseter)  and older frames (like Titania or Harrow) acquired new synergies with their own (tenora and knell) I have to ask why nidus didn't get one and when can we expect something for those (hema and hirudo)?

Thanks!

It feels to me like we receive such additions not because DE as a team planned for them, but because there is someone who made it their passion project and works on it from time to time. If I recall correctly, we received Wisps melee floating animation only because Elyse Gymer(DE animator responsible for Wisp animations) decided to work on it. She was also collecting data for it on her twitter. I've seen stuff like this happen in multiple projects already(people working on something they care about all alone), so release window is pretty much random lmao

• Like 1

Ok I understand that and I accept the randomness on some relishes, but from what I see old and new warframes (new - consistently) get synergies, so I thought it became the new status quo. A reoccurring feature across the board.

25 minutes ago, TazMman said:

Ok I understand that and I accept the randomness on some relishes, but from what I see old and new warframes (new - consistently) get synergies, so I thought it became the new status quo. A reoccurring feature across the board.

Oh, I'm not saying that you should "accept the RNG"(#*!% that) - I'm just explaining the process. You see, back when the game just came out of closed beta, weapons didn't even have reload animations(every weapon used the same animation per category). It took DE months, maybe a year to add them. It was so long ago I can't remember. New weapons were coming out with a reload animation already in place, old ones had to wait. Same happens to warframe passives and weapon synergies right now. Many other things as well.

I'd be happy if DE spent some time to work on such aspects, instead of just pushing out new toys and leaving old ones in the dust.

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident that Hema and Hirudo are not Nidus' signature weapons, those are weapons that happened to be bundled with Nidus.

Do they all have the Infested theme? Yes. Do they naturally synergize with Nidus? Yes. But they aren't classified as Nidus's signatures, so they can't really be his if there's no indication of that.

Honestly, the only signature weapons, as far as I have seen, that deserve their synergies is Khora's. Both the Dual Keres and Hystrix have no special bonuses when equipped with her.

And by the way, Tenora is one of Octavia's signatures, not Titania's.

Oops sorry about that I meant Octavia...

Thank you for your input. Can you explain how we know which combinations (frame-weapon) are random and which are classified as "signature"? Is there a way to know? Because I have not noticed something like that. I mean did any of the frames that got synergies had that classification before the changes??? Was that apparent somewhere?