Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status changes still need some polish

Ikusi_Prime

I feel like all the status changes was shake up the meta, not open up new options. All they did was made Viral the new king. Magnetic is still terrible. Gas got nerfed, and the compensation it received was not enough.

If they're going to keep the Magnetic proc as it is (amped damage to shields), it NEEDS to have a better multiplier than Viral. Amped shield damage is niche. Pretty much only the Corpus have shields, and they're already easy to kill. Every enemy has health. It doesn't matter if that crewman has a sliver of health at the end of his healthbar, the Viral procs stacking up on his shields will get value. Magnetic effectively never gets value in a non-Corpus mission.

However, I don't think that's the way to go. We don't need more damage to shields. Shields are already made of wet paper. What Magnetic could really use is a brand new proc that does something that's at least semi-useful in missions without shielded enemies.

Something like:

Magnetize

• Magnetized enemies pull other enemies within 6m to them, sticking them together for as long as they are Magnetized. Enemies stuck together in this way move at the average speed of all enemies in the group divided by the number of enemies in the group.
  • Lasts 6 seconds, tracked separately.
  • Subsequent procs increase the range of the attraction field by 1m, maxing out at 15m at 10 stacks.

This turns Magnetize into a comical, yet effective, CC proc, binding enemies together into a slow-moving clump that makes them easier to take down. It's still an effective damage type against to Shields and Protoshields, so it's still very effective in Corpus missions, but it would also have some utility in all mission types.

As for Gas, it still needs more range. To quote Scott, "3 meters is nothing", and it's true. So why didn't you buff the base range beyond 3m? I'd love to see it cranked up to 10m baseline. Give it falloff if you need to. Even reduced damage at that range would be better than no damage. Gas should be THE damage type for dealing AoE damage. It lost getting under shields, probably with good reason. Solidifying its identity

Also, I really think that some of the health classes could use a touch up.

Nerf Viral by adding Viral resistance to Shields, Protoshields, and Robotic enemies, 25%-50%. This makes intuitive sense, and it would make Viral more niche and encourage people to run a different damage type in Corpus missions. Maybe even Magnetic!

Buff Gas by lowering the resistance Cloned Flesh provides against it to 25%, to match Flesh. Those enemies are already getting damage resistance in general from armor. There's really no reason for them to get better resistance to Gas, too.

As a side note, I think Heat could use a small nerf. It provides bonus damage, armor stripping, AND CC in the form of panic. It could probably lose the panic effect, and still be a very effective damage type. There's no reason it needs to do it all.

• Like 1

Every damage type is for a certain niche. That doesn't make magnetic weak. In fact magnetic is even more the best choice for Corpus than before, no matter what your favourite youtube streamer claims. It has a whopping 75% damage multiplier PLUS the status effect. Tox has a smaller damage multiplier and only works on health which is present in less units than shield. Plus the status effect is a complete waste, because who lets a corpus unit bleed out? Dots don't have time to tick on those units.

Now for "the new king", viral. If you spend your time in Warframe in the simulacrum watching Heavy Gunners bleed out while you pick your nose, then yeah that's king. If you actually go into combat, corrosive will overall still give you faster kill time and more consistent results. Really only on the few bigger units Viral has the edge and that's only for slashers. Now if you say "but smaller units are no problem [for me because I'm such a roxxor]", you're missing the point. Warframe is also killing smaller units, and the faster you kill smaller units, the more units respawn, the more you loot etc. Viral is imo en par with corrosive now, at best. I use it when I have a heavy slash/crit weapon only.

And while we're at it, the new heat still sucks, no matter what others say. Great, it has an armor shredding component now, but so does corrosive, and corrosive does +75%. Duh.