Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to open Tactical Menu while Piloting Railjack with Controller (Fixed)

(PSN)JINXnocturnal

I am so incredibly disappointed that Scarlet Spear — a limited-time event that requires Railjack — released without this bug being fixed.  The Tactical Menu feels like a fundamental part of the Railjack experience, offering access to both Tactical Avionics and the Tactical View.  I know times are tough now, and I generally feel like if DE can't get to my bug that's okay, because there are so many that so many people have.  But this one feels more important, affecting a broad part of the Railjack play experience.  I hope this can be looked at soon.

• Like 1

Hey Tenno! I've merged all related threads here to let you know that we've logged the issue for all platforms (consoles and PC controller users alike!). A bug as disruptive as this we understand is wildly frustrating, so we also want to pass our deepest apologies for the trouble this has caused and for the time its taken for us to give you notice. 

We have started investigating the issue and will update you here as we go along - thank you!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! I've merged all related threads here to let you know that we've logged the issue for all platforms (consoles and PC controller users alike!). A bug as disruptive as this we understand is wildly frustrating, so we also want to pass our deepest apologies for the trouble this has caused and for the time its taken for us to give you notice. 

We have started investigating the issue and will update you here as we go along - thank you!

Thanks Danielle. Do you think it would be possible to allow binding of this in the Ability Menu and separately as well? Last time I checked I wasn't able to rebind this, and it might be causing some conflicts.

Edited by NightmareT12

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thks... Thks... Thks

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Wow, very cool! Glad this is seeing some traction.

For those that have recommended rebinding this in the menu options, that doesn't work either. General, Railjack and ability menu tabs can have all the controls reset to default and the issue is still not resolved. Rebinding tactical menu in the ability tab doesn't work either. There is something else causing this issue but not everyone is experiencing it.

Hope to see this fixed soon!

Thanx Dani/team.  That really improves RJ gameplay being able to use tactical menu from stations.  

I'd also really love to see some basic improvement to the tactical menu overall.   Center the map of the ship in the center of the screen....  Force the mouse/cursor to start in the middle of the map of the ship when you open tactical menu.  75% of the time your using it to fast travel around.... 25%? for tactical avionics...   

Its super frustrating being in battle and wanting to fast travel so you pop your tactical menu and have the move the cursor all the way from the edge of the map to one of the stations on the ship map.

Pro tip - you can use d-pad to hop around between tactical avio, ship stations, fires.   But this is not consistant and kinda hard to use.   I know lv10 engineer want to put out fires versus the map.... but fire suppression mod.....  in my opinions its not worth clogging up the ship map with fires.  Make its harder to fast travel. 

• Like 1

Hey all! We're still trying to track down the issue - in our tests we created a fresh account and there were no issues opening up the Tactical Menu while piloting. So we're wondering for those of you affected if you could set your controller bindings to Default. Let me know if that solves anything for you! 

35 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey all! We're still trying to track down the issue - in our tests we created a fresh account and there were no issues opening up the Tactical Menu while piloting. So we're wondering for those of you affected if you could set your controller bindings to Default. Let me know if that solves anything for you! 

How about trying to set your controller config to some of the examples the players have posted on the forums and testing that way instead of with a fresh account with default settings?

just as a to be clear,  my stuff is set to default and i reset it . you cant use tactical railjack at all normally while you are on guns or piloting right now

but say if your running around the ship , hold powers button and for me on xbox its my dpad to left and i can access the ships tactical powers that way and use powers for ship captain and such 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Still nothing, the default is to hold R1 and press Left on the D-Pad, and it doesn't work while piloting, or accessing any station

Why are you using a fresh account.... doesnt anyone actually play warframe on console *cough* like community managers *cough*.  

I defiinately use custom buttons for tactical menu... if I can change them to default without wiping out all my controller settings in the rest of the game I will do so..

-----------------

OG RJ tactical is R1+left d-pad ???   I have customized my D-pad buttons in general gameplay also....   maybe there is a crossover bug between general gameplay and RJ gameplay, even when your not even using left d-pad).   

I think original left d-pad is map and currently mine is set to map....   maybe im wrong...  orginal left d-pad could be waypoint/inspect...      

So when your RJ'ing and your suppose to hit R1+left d-pad it looking for the above and cant find it so nothing happens...  

Kinda lazy on testing on my end but I will try to remember lol.  

18 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Nope. Default doesn't fix it for me. First thing I tried a while ago.

6 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Why are you using a fresh account.... doesnt anyone actually play warframe on console *cough* like community managers *cough*.  

I defiinately use custom buttons for tactical menu... if I can change them to default without wiping out all my controller settings in the rest of the game I will do so.

The fresh account was used as a test to see if there was an issue with pre-existing accounts. Turns out, it was. Its a method that's used to track down where the issue resides, and possibly where and when (update wise) it originated from. This worked in the end because we found a fix! 

Sort of a comparison method (fresh account vs. seasoned account) 🙂 Turns out the bug hasn't been happening for all players, just ones where the bindings were changed within a certain window.  

• Like 8