Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Basmu require buffs and fixes

NoLazyShadow

For an event exlusive weapon that require 15 000 [redacted] scarlet credits aka a day of extend farm, this weapon have serious problems that makes it pointless and not worth the grind comparing to other weapon in the same rank category. I'll explain:

• 21 round magazine size. Its too low and leads to frequent and long reloads. Crank it up to 30-35 rounds
  • Alt fire is useless. It have only 9 m range that can't be extended with mods; low damage and fast ammo drain(And we already have a problem with low mag size). To make things worse using alt fire does not trigger weapon's passive upon full magazine drain.
  • It have a majot bug: causing self stagger with enemy at point blank range will glitch you, preventing you from shooting or using abilities.

Untill those problems are fixed, this weapon will remain a waste of time and expectations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

For an event exlusive weapon that require 15 000 [redacted] scarlet credits aka a day of extend farm, this weapon have serious problems that makes it pointless and not worth the grind comparing to other weapon in the same rank category. I'll explain:

• 21 round magazine size. Its too low and leads to frequent and long reloads. Crank it up to 30-35 rounds
  • Alt fire is useless. It have only 9 m range that can't be extended with mods; low damage and fast ammo drain(And we already have a problem with low mag size). To make things worse using alt fire does not trigger weapon's passive upon full magazine drain.
  • It have a majot bug: causing self stagger with enemy at point blank range will glitch you, preventing you from shooting or using abilities.

Untill those problems are fixed, this weapon will remain a waste of time and expectations.

This ^

I'll add my own if you don't mind.

• Healing Pulse (Range) is far too low as well, you have to be quite legit hugging the mobs to get healed (and if you go too close, you get staggered)
  • Stats of the gun overall are crap, they can really need a huge buff.
  • It being an sentient weapon, has nothing sentient related to it at all. Give it either a new Alt Fire or a new thame to fit Sentients.
  • Special Effects, need a tune up, they look nothing sentient like and is quite blinding for the eyes.

Oh excuse me if this weapon is not as good as you want it to be, but have you seen how many weaponos are ignored in teh game about 80% if not more of them are just mastery fodder. This weapon can siphon health from enemies which is some speciality to it, if the weapon is not good for you then use something else. There are a lot of useless weapons in the game so this can go in that pile no big deal

il y a 33 minutes, NoLazyShadow a dit :

You can do a 2295 points run in about 30min (let's say 40 if you're not good), which is then multiplied by 3 once the flotilla reach 100/100 Murex., so it's roughly 10327 points per hour.
The weapon is worth 1h30 of farming, not "a day of extend farm".

About the weapon itself, haven't tested it yet but the stats sounds pretty ok, it has a cool unique feature and the alt fire can be pretty strong with Arcane Avenger or any other source of flat crit. It's surely not a perfect gun that fit any playstyle, but saying it's pointless is a bit too much.

• Like 1

It does not matter if other weapons need attention.

This is the latest weapon, event exclusive, the second in its category, and it was DOA.

The weapon needs major buffs, if the small mag and life "drain" are going to be it gimmicks then each bullet needs to count. It needs a much higher Crit Chance and DAMAGE.

This is the Second Sentient weapon That sucks and is useless. 

• Like 1

I find the weapon fine damage wise. Not an OP weapon but not a sh*tty one either. (a bit more crits chances/dmg could be nice tho).

The big problem is the Magazine size of the weapon. It drain so fast with the primary mode and WORST with the secondary mode (wich is worst than the 1st one except for lvl 5 ennemies). Don't you dare add a firerate mod :'D. Hopefully the weapon mag size is buffed by 10-13 bullets. 

Still a great looking weapon. Love the look, sound and feel. Hope to see a sentient shotgun like that one day.

Edited by Secave

The alt fire is inarguably terrible and needs bug fixes.  Even if it weren't bugged 9m range is also, coincidentally, melee heavy slam radius, and those heavy slams are doing tens of times the damage output, when they aren't doing literally hundreds of times it.

Put in on Harrow?  Sure, but why when it is quite impossible to hit heads with the alt fire?  Why when his 4 crit buff would work so much better on so many other primaries even before you shoot enemies in the head with them?

Arcane Avenger?  Well if you're not playing Inaros or some tank, good luck proccing that reliably without dying at points where you'd actually need that damage, like Veil.  Cats?  Cats... why would I use cats with Basmu when I could use them with a chad melee or better primary?  I wouldn't.

The Primary fire is probably ok.  Weak, but ok-ish.  The alt fire is definitely terrible and needs both fixes and a range buff.  Even 12 or 15m would be maybe usable.

5 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

whats a broken, unusable mechanic with basmu?

Alt fire beam expends twice the ammo it should, doesn't factor some crit chance additions correctly, doesn't proc the heal pulses?  There are probably more than three bugs actually, those are just the three that I could pin down relatively easily by testing.  The terrible damage output it's doing leads me to believe that there's probably at least one other thing wrong with it too, like maybe it doesn't actually ramp up like beams are supposed to, or maybe it's getting a bizarre AoE falloff applied to it.