Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0_The_F00l

Just wondering why have Grineer forest tile and not PoE

Just made a suggestion in one of the other posts on having game variety to the missions.

Noticed what i was suggesting was just excursions.

Which led me to thinking , why is the invasion happening on some random no name forest?

There could indeed be an actual plot to consider (and the unums shielding is a thing too) but even the earlier trailers showed the sentient dropping on POE, and DE is not one to give to whits about consistency (maybe they are starting now?)

what the hell happened? too much to do and not enough time ?

it will be coming soonTM?

They forgot about the trailer and just picked the biggest tileset map with open spaces replacing excavation targets with condrixes so they could push something to shut the masses??

Sure the earth tileset is one of the pretty ones and PoE itself can get bugged as a swamp in summer, but ifeel it was ... un inspired to say the least.

I think it is because the SS sentients are the scouting party, not the frontal assault. I think we'll see something involving the plains later on with them. Maybe a new operation or something else since the new war is supposed to last throughout the year.

In the trailer Erra pops out on the plains, so I think we'll get something involving him attacking cetus to get to the unum in order to get kuva.

The trailer is about New War update. And it's not happened yet. Scarlet Spear is happening before New War. And in Scarlet Spear sentients are reconnoitering the Earth before starting full-scale invasion.

24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think it is because the SS sentients are the scouting party, not the frontal assault. I think we'll see something involving the plains later on with them. Maybe a new operation or something else since the new war is supposed to last throughout the year.

In the trailer Erra pops out on the plains, so I think we'll get something involving him attacking cetus to get to the unum in order to get kuva.

23 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

The trailer is about New War update. And it's not happened yet. Scarlet Spear is happening before New War. And in Scarlet Spear sentients are reconnoitering the Earth before starting full-scale invasion.

I do hope its what you have mentioned not another example of "We put it on the pile of not worth the effort cause we dont know to how to manage our time and resources properly after making baseless claims to build hype"

27 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I do hope its what you have mentioned not another example of "We put it on the pile of not worth the effort cause we dont know to how to manage our time and resources properly after making baseless claims to build hype"

I hope so too, would be utterly disappointing otherwise.

Technical limitations. How long does it take to load up the PoE map? Then spawn the event in a specific location? Then have it Oplink with the railjack crew?

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

They already did Plague Star, what makes you think this can't be done?

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

This.  The Sentients will be making a full-on press to take the Unum Tower and it’s power so they have the power to reproduce.

Once they can do that, we are ended.

2 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Technical limitations. How long does it take to load up the PoE map? Then spawn the event in a specific location? Then have it Oplink with the railjack crew?

Unless you are a DE employee I don't think we can make any claims on tech limitations only on the possible reasons. 

If it is indeed a tech limitation and they won't be doing it later (I hope that's not the case) it will be extremely disappointing, for me at least and a lot of the players too I imagine. 

46 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

They already did Plague Star, what makes you think this can't be done?

OP link for one.,

the day night cycle involving eidolons for another, 

Usability of archwing causing additional issues,

Needing to create a specific instance of poe that is "at war" 

Introducing enemies to Terrain that is know to cause pathing issues. 

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

OP link for one.,

Even if it doesn't work squad by squad, if they keep the system it has now it won't be an issue

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

the day night cycle involving eidolons for another, 

Which is why I stated Plague Star, what makes you think day/night cycle will impact anything?

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Usability of archwing causing additional issues,

What does that have to do with the plains? Archwings work perfectly fine in PoE

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Needing to create a specific instance of poe that is "at war" 

Again, Plague Star, did it had its own instances? No, & it worked fine

If you're scared of new players: I played with a random in Scarlet Spear that didn't have an Operator, i.e. didn't do the Second Dream. They may not be able to do The New War, for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean they won't see the Condrixies & Sentients roaming the plains

7 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Introducing enemies to Terrain that is know to cause pathing issues. 

Mind to elaborate? The last issue was drones getting stuck in rocks & that was fixed

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Even if it doesn't work squad by squad, if they keep the system it has now it won't be an issue

Which is why I stated Plague Star, what makes you think day/night cycle will impact anything?

What does that have to do with the plains? Archwings work perfectly fine in PoE

Again, Plague Star, did it had its own instances? No, & it worked fine

If you're scared of new players: I played with a random in Scarlet Spear that didn't have an Operator, i.e. didn't do the Second Dream. They may not be able to do The New War, for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean they won't see the Condrixies & Sentients roaming the plains

Mind to elaborate? The last issue was drones getting stuck in rocks & that was fixed

Do you not realise the difference between the event we have now and the plague star event? 

I don't know where you get the confidence that oplink would work fine without issues, it's not working fine on a fixed tileset map at the moment I do not see it improving for an open area. 

Plague was static and did not have any down time between waves. Hell it didn't have waves. 

It did not have flotillas where you were split into tight groups with limits on the number of players per instance. 

it did not have a count down timer, so you could play anytime and not worry about the payout. 

there was no scaling of enemies (kinda, the hemocyte does scale 3 times) 

It did not create a dependency situation on other squads. 

The Archwing can be used to cheese parts of the content by using amesha same way you could plague star we don't know how it would screw the interactions with Sentients and their abilities. 

Though i do agree the day night cycle itself is probably not an issue, it's the eidolons and any sentient interactions that should exist towards them that I was trying to highlight. 

The path finding over water, for floating enemies is what I want to know. 

I am not overly concerned about new players, they will learn or they will suffer and quit. 

Comparing plague star to the scarlet spear is like comparing LOR to JV. 

46 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't know where you get the confidence that oplink would work fine without issues, it's not working fine on a fixed tileset map at the moment I do not see it improving for an open area.

I never had any issues with the Oplink, so I don't know what you're referring to

PoE is considered like regular level, just bigger, if it work on an Earth tileset or in a Railjack mission, it can work in the plains

48 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Plague was static and did not have any down time between waves. Hell it didn't have waves.

It did not have flotillas where you were split into tight groups with limits on the number of players per instance. 

it did not have a count down timer, so you could play anytime and not worry about the payout. 

there was no scaling of enemies (kinda, the hemocyte does scale 3 times) 

It did not create a dependency situation on other squads.

But we don't know how the New War will work, what we will have to do, the mission could be completely different from SS

56 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The Archwing can be used to cheese parts of the content by using amesha same way you could plague star we don't know how it would screw the interactions with Sentients and their abilities. 

You get shot down every 10 seconds with normal enemies, not infesteds obviously, but the Sentients sure could, they have ranged weapons, they could surely have missiles too

57 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The path finding over water, for floating enemies is what I want to know.

Sentients can fly, they don't need ground

6 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I never had any issues with the Oplink, so I don't know what you're referring to

Good for you mate, guess you never sat in the space mission waiting for oplibks that never came for over 10 minutes. 

PoE is considered like regular level, just bigger, if it work on an Earth tileset or in a Railjack mission, it can work in the plains

I am again not sure where you get this confidence that it will work,

I also disagree that it is a regular mission, if you are under that assumption I don't think this discussion can go anywhere. 

But we don't know how the New War will work, what we will have to do, the mission could be completely different from SS

True, so you assumption that it will work just like plague star could also be incorrect? 

You get shot down every 10 seconds with normal enemies, not infesteds obviously, but the Sentients sure could, they have ranged weapons, they could surely have missiles too

Not the point I was trying to make. But OK. 

Sentients can fly, they don't need ground

Then why does the drone walk around it? 🙂

That point aside the Sentients flying is a different problem, tileset don't have too much roof clearance the poe on the other hand is vast and goes way way up. 

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Good for you mate, guess you never sat in the space mission waiting for oplibks that never came for over 10 minutes. 

I always do the ground mission, 'cause from what I saw, the space one is just plain boring

I am again not sure where you get this confidence that it will work,

& I, how you think it can't

Then why does the drone walk around it?

I just they said that because you can see them flying around, way above the ground, in normal missions, that's just it

46 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I always do the ground mission, 'cause from what I saw, the space one is just plain boring

So your assumption is based of incomplete information and third hand experience.

47 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

& I, how you think it can't

I am not certain , i am doubtful.

48 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I just they said that because you can see them flying around, way above the ground, in normal missions, that's just it

Hence why i am saying comparing with normal mission is not a good idea. POE has a lot of things that normal missions dont.

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So your assumption is based of incomplete information and third hand experience.

I did space once in solo, but Sentients kept breaking into my Railjack so I only did 2 Murexies before leaving. I was with Limbo so I didn't have any problem protecting the Oplink, & didn't notice any problem either. Since then I only do ground missions

Sentients are prob using tactics similar to D-Day to invade earth tbh,SS is prob similar to what the allies did with dropping paratroopers before the actual invasion came.

In an early update on Console they was a bug with Sentients in Orb Vallis. So I think DE is working on something were part of New War will be in the open World parts. Also in Plains of Eidolon is a Cave under Mount Nang with a Room with many Doors that isn't used for any content at the moment.

On 2020-03-30 at 8:04 PM, DarthIronclad said:

Sentients are prob using tactics similar to D-Day to invade earth tbh,SS is prob similar to what the allies did with dropping paratroopers before the actual invasion came.

Hmm maybe.

On 2020-03-29 at 7:33 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This.  The Sentients will be making a full-on press to take the Unum Tower and it’s power so they have the power to reproduce.

Once they can do that, we are ended.

I'm not so sure, I think that Natah is something special now given her time exposed to the void, and/or potentially whatever was done to her to allow her to become the Lotus. The most recent cut-scene seems to have her "restarting" the Mother with her "Fire".

It's possible she's no longer-void-sterilized or now has new and different life-giving powers.