Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020 Anniversary Gifts

uberfu

As much as I appreciated DE regularly recognizing the community that supports it and gives back to it with things like the Anniversary gifts among others;  This year's method of release is Confusing and seemingly disorganized.  It comes across as an after thought where DE realized at the last minute the anniversary showed up.  So slap something together add a couple of trhrow out pieces and call it a day.

The 2 Items per weekend; with no information about what the intended plan is is bad form and inconsistent.  The first weekend, the first 2 items showed up, players completed them, and I for one was surprised that only 2 items were being released.  Then caught the trail end of the 2nd weekend relase and realized some more gifts were passed out.  Again no notice / announcement or any information about what the plan was. Now, it's what; the 3rd / 4th weekend out and another round of 'gifts' have been presented. Should we expect more going into April ?  Is this weekend the last of the offerings ?  If someone missed a weekend, are all of the offerings going to be reoffered a final last time en masse ?

For a game dev company that touts open information to the community -- This AS USUAL / once again flies in the face of that mantra.  IF DE is going to continue to make that claim then you need to back the claim up -- saying it and doling something else does not solidy the reputation of the company. Something like an anniversay you weould think would be a bigger deal than you seem to be making it this year - especially since Tennocon and society norms have been disrupted this year due to a world wide pandemic.  You'd think celebrating a milestone would have been more than a passive "oh yeah we need to release something I guess"

Also - if any of this was mentioned in the middle of the random, 1+ hour dev streams in recent weeks that is not giving direct information to the community at large; not everybody sits through those hours of streams just to glean a single shred of information that pertains to that person. This type of information should be contained in a searchable manner in the announcements thread of the forum or on the main website at a minimum regardless of whatever other medium outlets DE chooses to use. Not everybody is on Twitter.  Not everybody is on Twitch. NOt everybody watches the dev streams.

The community / communications mangers should have a ready list of every outlet that DE uses and make determinations as to what few priority outlets should be used always then what outlets to focus on for promotional stuff like the Free w/ Twitch Prime ongoing promotion (as an example which might not need to show up on DEs YT channel).

DEs marketing and communciations is severely lacking and disorganized lately and it would benefit the company to get a better ahdnle on it.  Case in point -- this year's anniversay promotions.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, uberfu said:

It comes across as an after thought where DE realized at the last minute the anniversary showed up.

Yes. Now apply that feeling to 90% of releases.

7 minutes ago, uberfu said:

DEs marketing and communciations is severely lacking and disorganized lately and it would benefit the company to get a better ahdnle on it.  Case in point -- this year's anniversay promotions.

I also get the feeling that the community/PR team sometimes doesn't have full coordination with the dev team and other teams.

Definetly a point to improve, in my opinion. This despite best intentions by DE, or profit needs.

• Like 1

They did announce it, though. 

The in game news console also had it, on at least 2 platforms that I can personally vouch for. 

As much as I agree that DE is dropling the ball, constantly, this isn't one of those times.  They made the information available, they just didn't repeatedly share it every weekend.