Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deshiel

Am I alone in the dislike of archwing intristics in my intristics?

I don't think they should be there, not so high in the tier ledger atleast. I'm farming intristics for better railjack control, not to have my railjack FART faster, harder and louder.

3 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I don't think they should be there, not so high in the tier ledger atleast. I'm farming intristics for better railjack control, not to have my railjack FART faster, harder and louder.

i believe issue here is that they 1st came up with the idea of making arcwhing integral parto of railjack combat and not optional
then when they try to implement both combat and intrinsics only one turned out to be working properly

and as for ur question i share ur point of view but think about what u get at rank 10 for how much grind and re-consider if archwing is real problem here and not something else

Yes, you are alone. Archwing intrinsics -- while usable everywhere else -- are meant to aid squads wanting to take a fighter jet approach to Railjack in order to keep the enemy fighters away from the ship. They're so high in the ranks for the reason that in general, before obtaining the Railjack you've obtained an archwing decent enough to attack the first two planets worth of fighters without the ship alone. If they're obtained earlier, it does nothing but perpetuate Archwing as the best strategy to play railjack. 

Or, at least that's how it worked in the most ideal sense if they did any sort of proper balancing of Archwing in Railjack. 

13 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Well, at least the R8 reward gives us something with some bonafide teeth.  Coupled with slingshot, blink, and insta-teleporting, it works.  

It benefits RJ and AW throughout the rest of the game, which is nearly unique when it comes to RJ’s island of content.

Just some perspective.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Well, at least the R8 reward gives us something with some bonafide teeth.  Coupled with slingshot, blink, and insta-teleporting, it works.  

It benefits RJ and AW throughout the rest of the game, which is nearly unique when it comes to RJ’s island of content.

Just some perspective.

My perspective that I either slingshot or blink between crewships and murexes, thats all

many of the "useful" early on intrinsics are weirdly put farther ahead at the point where you progressed so far you dont even need them, that or you wont even be playing RJ anymore because you cleared up/finished.

I agree mostly.  I stopped at 7797 aaand have almost 800 intrinsic saved up for command.  Maybe theyll buff arch gear so that the intrinsics are worth it.  Or remove them when modular wings come out. 

2 hours ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

Yes, you are alone. Archwing intrinsics -- while usable everywhere else -- are meant to aid squads wanting to take a fighter jet approach to Railjack in order to keep the enemy fighters away from the ship. They're so high in the ranks for the reason that in general, before obtaining the Railjack you've obtained an archwing decent enough to attack the first two planets worth of fighters without the ship alone. If they're obtained earlier, it does nothing but perpetuate Archwing as the best strategy to play railjack. 

Or, at least that's how it worked in the most ideal sense if they did any sort of proper balancing of Archwing in Railjack. 

I think it would make much more sense if archwings were used in railjack defense because IIRC all archwing avionics have "in N meters around railjack" in their description. So if you install archwing-specific avionics in your railjack, then archwings are tied to railjack and have to move (or to stay) with it if they want to use advantage coming from railjack.

And ultimate combo would be AI/NPC crew on turrets + 3/4 archwings around railjack.

But to be entirely honest i don't see how this could work because to me it looks like everything oneshots archwing in space.

6 minutes ago, 32768 said:

But to be entirely honest i don't see how this could work because to me it looks like everything oneshots archwing in space.

I just started railjack missions and Scarlet Spear, and my Amesha holds ok. Yes it wont tank that much, but its not one shot either and you got your abilities. Im lvl 29 and got many mods to make it more durable.

No you're not. They're pointless to me as well, wish I could skip them and get the railjack upgrades.

Archwing is meant to be a meaningful component of Railjack so I can't say they don't belong there. And their cost is somewhat justified due to the effects applying to Archwings regardless of where they're used, even if they're just glorified taxi cabs and Archwing missions are a mess.

But at the same time I wouldn't be opposed to breaking up the Archwing ranks and putting them all into their own Intrinsic tree, especially if the Archwing rework can make their missions good.

53 minutes ago, trst said:

Archwing is meant to be a meaningful component of Railjack so I can't say they don't belong there. And their cost is somewhat justified due to the effects applying to Archwings regardless of where they're used, even if they're just glorified taxi cabs and Archwing missions are a mess.

But at the same time I wouldn't be opposed to breaking up the Archwing ranks and putting them all into their own Intrinsic tree, especially if the Archwing rework can make their missions good.

Yeah they should have its own intristic haha