Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why no one plays Octavia despite being very strong?

-Vahagn-

I am not saying Octavia is bad or an awful Warframe, in fact she is quite the opposite. 

Octavia is generally considered to be one of the strongest Warframes in the game. As well as arguably being one of the best support Warframes too.

In addition to that, she also has other aspects that make her great:

- Her signature weapons are very solid guns. Thus you can use them on Octavia without being underpowered as well as still granting the bonuses.

- She can be played anywhere and still do great.

- Her base design is just pure eye candy.

- Her mandachord makes her one of the most unique and creative Warframes in the game.

However despite all these reasons I almost never see a player using Octavia. I believe I only see an Octavia player once a month or non at all. 

From what I understand I hear it is mostly from these reasons:

- Very hard to acquire, requires puzzle solving, RNG, and a quest.

- While very pleasing to the eye people don't like her marching band look. Nor do they like her fairy-like deluxe skin, or her Hatsune Miku Tennogen skin. 

- The mandachord does require plat investment to get the perfect song.

- While I find her a lot of fun, many people do consider her very boring to play.

Those are the reason I can think of. Let me know if you have some others, I am pretty much unable to find a solid answer.

Edited by WH1735S0W

I personally don't use her much compared with my favorite frames for one simple reason - not to my preferred playstyle. I still do use her occasionally, or when an arbitration bonus pops up, but that's it.

There's also he fact that the only buff of her that I regularly use is the invisibility one. Because it's not affected by weapon choice. I hate mixing regular performance with easily changed variants. Meaning that I dislike how her damage buff, for example, depends on weapon firing rate- and how different weapons have different firing styles. And that's because I like to mix and match lots of frames and weapons all the time.

Take Chroma, for example, and no matter the weapon you know it's a plain simple and universal buff - a damage buff at that. So as you said, not a bad frame at all. Just one that doesn't particularly cater to me.

On another matter, at least on PS4, I find her to be one of those relatively common frames in PUGs. Maybe not like a Saryn, but fairly often and easy to encounter.

Edit: Oh... And another reason I don't play her more than I do... Fashionframe matters, even if it's a matter of personal taste. That's why I didn't really play Inaros or Chroma before they had cooler skins released. In other words, Octavia...

She Ugly GIFs | Tenor

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 6

Octavia is one of the most boring warframes to play, you can literally sit in hide for hours nuking everything without even needing to move.

Other than that her invisibility effect if set up for quick renewal (aka constant flashing on the groud) hurts my eyes after long period of time 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 5

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Learicorn:

shes boring

vor 9 Minuten schrieb suchamess:

Octavia is one of the most boring warframes to play, you can literally sit in hide for hours nuking everything without even needing to move.

Other than that her invisibility effect if set up for quick renewal (aka constant flashing on the groud) hurts my eyes after long period of time 🤷🏻‍♂️

This sadly, she is unique design wise but other then that, you build her full duration and let all 4 abilties just run and sit aorund. After 40-50 secodns you repeat all abiltiys.

It is nice she has synergy between them, but it is so much synergy that you not do anything all day on her.

Yes i am aware other builds then duration are possible like stealth or so with only using 3 but what has stealth to do with her music theme? Or multishot mulitplier just because you are in "rythm" with it? In the end all spam crouching for the buff anyway without the rythm having anything to do with it.

Yes, i know CC is not popular but rather had her made enemies dance and distracted then what we got with her. At least the song feature is very nice but restircted due the buff feature, making people spam notes aswell, ruining the feature due player influence, hating those people perosnaly, why play this if not for fun but onyl efficency then. Yet it needs to work aswell of course, no doubt, just saying people should stop this min/max crap.

Edited by Marine027
Typos
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

I am not saying Octavia is bad or an awful Warframe, in fact she is quite the opposite. 

Octavia is generally considered to be one of the strongest Warframes in the game. As well as arguably being one of the best support Warframes too.

Other then that she also has other aspects that make her great:

- Her signature weapons are very solid guns. Thus you can use them on Octavia without being underpowered and still grant the bonuses.

- She can be played anywhere and still do great.

- Her base design is just pure eye candy.

- Her mandachord makes her of of the most unique and creative Warframes in the game.

However despite all these reasons I almost never see a player using Octavia. I believe I only see an Octavia player once a month or non at all. 

From what I understand I hear it is mostly from these reasons:

- Very hard to acquire, requires puzzle solving, RNG, and a quest.

- While very pleasing to the eye people don't like her marching band look. Nor do they like her fairy-like deluxe skin, or her Hatsune Miku Tennogen skin. 

- The mandachord does require plat investment to get the perfect song.

- While I find her a lot of fun, many people do consider her very boring to play.

Those are the reason I can think of. Let me know if you have some others, I pretty much unable to find a solid answer.

Just my opinion:

1.  Primarily because you can button-mash-stack 1-2-3-4 and just run around not even knowing exactly how her powers work.  Just have energy and keep mashing.  Wierdly OP and non-interactive.

2.  Her art style is wierdly “technicolor” invasive and music is limited in sound quality compared the rest of the game

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 3

octavia is broken in what she does but shes a frame thats more of a "camp one spot and rek everything"-style which doesnt fit all mission types. run-and-gun is not really her thing as much as locking down an area, plus she scales with enemies which means shes broken when other frames fall off but when other frames are great shes not required.

strange way to have her balanced but if it wasnt like this i guess everyone would cry how broken she is.

• Like 1

I think she's one of the best frames DE has made. But her roller ball is just kinda putting the game on autopilot. Also changing to a different song messes with the timing for buffs and theres not a whole lot of cool songs that fills the melody. 

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Melanholic7:

Im surprised that nobody mentioned the real reason - she is boring. 

Nobody huh?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Learicorn:

shes boring

vor einer Stunde schrieb suchamess:

vor 49 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Quantaminum:

she's boring.

10~20min in and I'm already tired of spamming crouch for invisibility, which is really the only buff that heavily affects my gameplay routine.

• Like 1