Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people acting like they paid for scarlet spear and got ripped off lol ?

DonIMdon

"Why are people acting like they paid for scarlet spear and got ripped off lol 

IMO for 2 reasons: 

1. It doesn't work for many players. 

2. And it wasn't this (25:00)

Players bought tickets, support DE and we get the S#&$ty dumbed down mobile phone version. Hype Hype Hype don't deliver gives us bullS#&$. Scarlett Spear is NOT the "mother#*!%in battle of endor" Steve. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 9

2 минуты назад, (XB1)YoungGunn82 сказал:

IMO for 2 reasons: 

Players bought tickets, support DE and we get the S#&$ty dumbed down version. Hype Hype Hype don't deliver. 

Well, people also bought tickets to the next-year tennocon, which, to my memory, showcased version of RJ much closer to what we got. People need to #*!% off. Together with youtubers pedalling this S#&$.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

IMO for 2 reasons: 

ya it not working for some players doesnt mean they paid for it and got ripped off lmao What are you talking about ? Plus it worked fine for me so I dont know what to tell you. And you do realize those are two different things in your 2nd point right ? they are not talking about scarlet spear in the video. Scarlet spear is a test for squad link dumb dumb. The stuff in the video is when liches get their own battle cruiser... Nice try at a got em moment there though.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

I mean... I liked Disruption.  

If you like a slower mobile defense with some modifiers that dont make much difference then ya i guess its fun but i would never farm kuva there.

Agree with you.. (though i kinda like the squad link part of it, real sense of victory from everyone when we get 100/100) its a free game, plenty of updates.. I've been playing a different game for 2 years now, no updates with that.. Stark difference with DE. 
Also, they are working from home now due to the current world situation..... people gotta go easy on them, they are doing their best! ❤️

32 minutes ago, DonIMdon said:

ya it not working for some players doesnt mean they paid for it and got ripped off lmao What are you talking about ? Plus it worked fine for me so I dont know what to tell you. And you do realize those are two different things in your 2nd point right ? they are not talking about scarlet spear in the video. Scarlet spear is a test for squad link dumb dumb. The stuff in the video is when liches get their own battle cruiser... Nice try at a got em moment there though.

Yeah you're new here. We got the dumbed down version of litches and the dumb down version of squad link. Nothing in that vid will we ever get because its way beyond DEs capabilities. 

And calling me a "dumb dumb"? bruh 5bE.gif

• Like 4

Like because i have bought tons of platinum and vault packs and prime access?

Actually no, it does not entitle you to request things to be how you want to be, you are open to make respectful opinions, but that´s all, the developers choose how to make their game if you like it you play it, end of story. Warframe has a lot of different activities so play the ones you like, if not then why are you still here?.
It has bugs, too much grind, farm, lots of things whit no updates, but its free!!, and its fun if you play it casual, like you will get tired on any game if you want to play it 24/7

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Yeah you're new here. We got the dumbed down version of litches and the dumb down squad link. Nothing in that vid will we ever get. 

And "dumb dumb" bruh 5bE.gif

Doesnt change the fact you were dead wrong lol I feel like you just dont know what you are talking about if you cant take some time to make sure you video "proof" is even right, sorry.  Also thats funny, a console player complaining about things getting dumbed down, you made my day with that one ! Even if you are right and we never see that stuff, guess what ? I spent no money on it and lost nothing !

Edited by DonIMdon

17 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Yeah you're new here. We got the dumbed down version of litches and the dumb down version of squad link. Nothing in that vid will we ever get because its way beyond DEs capabilities. 

You prefer they shove the full version by force and possibly brick your XB1 than building the foundation first and steadily build to what we see in the video?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DonIMdon said:

spent no money on it and lost nothing !

Feeling ripped off can have little to nothing to do with how much money you may or may not have spent genius. Players have every right to feel ripped off when they get shoveled S#&$. 

• Like 3

I saw a lot of the anger on the forums around Scarlet Spear on the first day.

Amongst the emotion and abuse were really good points about bugs and some mechanics that could do with a changing. I’m under the impression that the whole plan was to release scarlet spear, stress test new systems, and see what they can change to help enjoyment of their event. That’s where the forums and other communication outlets came into play, and people provided the feedback DE were looking for. As well as some feedback that served nothing.

At the start, some people didn’t want to stress test, they wanted a finalised event. Some people thought the grind for everything the event had to offer was too much (with maths to back them up). Some gamers thought that DE have no clue what they’re doing. Some people claimed that the rocky start of Scarlet Spear proved no less than all of the conspiracies about DE only looking for money and not caring about their players. Some people felt like DE lied about everything showed in the fancy demos, and that trickle-feed was not what DE were going to do, DE was going to release everything on time and exactly as shown because of reasons. 

Reasons like (and I’m paraphrasing) “What we saw represents what they can definitely do, and things will not change between then and now. We know about No Man’s Sky and Anthem and all the other big misleading demos, and if for some reason what drops doesn’t match the hype, then that means DE are just as big a pack of liars as the rest of them. Which would hurt, cause I trusted DE, and they would have changed from the good old days. Which were definitely good, they were the days when DE listened to us and (whoops, now we’re treading towards the border of conspiracy, and this paraphrase starts speaking for others instead of summarising what was seen)”.

Come to think of it, I haven’t noticed the grind complaints much 🤔 Sure mods are cleaning up the forum, but... what happened?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Formatting
  • Like 2

Just now, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Feeling ripped off can have little to nothing to do with how much money you may or may not have spent genius. 

No, getting ripped off heavily implies losing money or items of monetary value lol. They gonna rip me off in time or something ? When ive had a mostly good time ? Do you understand how dumb that sounds ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DonIMdon said:

Like I understand why people would want it to be the best FLC that adds another 1k hours of unique and ever changing gameplay that never gets boring but I mean come on. I think its alright for what is, I personally didnt really experience too many bugs and I think its better than plague star and ginding this event is better than getting MK-ULTRAed by all the flashing lights that happen during edelion fights. I get the price of stuff is pretty BS but at the same time we have a month plus they said they would extend it, so why would you blow your brains out grinding it hardcore ?

Also I dont understand the "its repetitive" argument when all games are repetitive. What MMO/MMO-lite are you guys playing where you dont do repetitive things ? Maybe play zelda and super mario and save the princess for the zillionth time ? Or even better yet play a game thats just free for all on the same map over and over and over and over and over. I know what youre thinking, bUt mY GUy waRFaMe wILl dIE if i PlAY aNOThEr GaME foR a LiL. And to that i say, no, no it will not. Thats already been happening for years (myself included, my ass will be playing bannerlord tomorrow, and the next day Im farming corinth prime) and as of typing this, on steam charts alone its sitting at 57693 play 41 mins ago and 86042 playing 24 hrs ago. So i think you can chill for a bit especially if you have hundreds to thousands of hours in.  And if you really are experiencing a lot of bugs or just dont like it then wait till they do hotfixs or dont play it, you literally lose nothing.

In conclusion I definitely dont agree with everything DE does and talks about, I do think they need more challenging stuff to do among other things. And I think the squad link stuff is kinda pointless imo, but as far as this event as a whole goes its alright. I just dont know what people were expecting when every other event has been focused around an repetitive objective. This is coming from someone who paid like 90 bucks for destiny which was a broken horrible disaster of a game with trash DLC that was broken at launch. Then they had the gall to charge 40 dollars to actually make the game fun lol (taken king) which i didnt buy. So maybe thats why this stuff doesnt really bother me when its free.

Did you research why players are upset? That DE lied? That Kuva Liches and Railjack were already greatly disliked by lots of players, and DE lost tons of players soon after Railjack was released. That Scarlet Spear released in a shoddy state, that players find it boring, that it shows DE lied about the arcane grind. The info is here on the forums, on reddit, and from Warframe partners on Youtube (Leyzargamingviews, Brozime, Tactical Potato). 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DonIMdon said:

They gonna rip me off in time or something ?

35 minutes ago, DonIMdon said:

Do you understand how dumb that sounds ? 

You are so new and naive it hurts. @(XB1)ECCHO SIERRA get a load of this virgin boi. /s

Can we count how many times DE has ripped of player's time in this game?! 

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

You are so new and naive it hurts. @(XB1)ECCHO SIERRA get a load of this virgin boi. 

Sadly, some players have not read, no not understood when disgruntled players wrote DE doesn't respect their time investment. Players can be doing loads other things, especially now that most of humanity is stuck at home. Play other games, watch movies, chat with friends online, read up on SharonaVirus etc. etc. etc. That players choose to play Warframe when they have the time available to them shows they care about the game and the developers. When they feel their time is disrespected they become disgruntled and express their discontent online...or they leave Warframe for good. Some players, and possibly DE fail to understand this. 

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

Oh yeah. Adding on to my original post, the subjective interpretation of what DE said about grinding Arcanes has been a leg to stand on for some

DE: We won't look to increase the grind. 
DE proceeds to increase grind. 
Player tells me this is subjective....despite DE saying they won't increase the grind. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

DE: We won't look to increase the grind. 
DE proceeds to increase grind. 
Player tells me this is subjective....despite DE saying they won't increase the grind. 

I read the paragraph you’re referring to. My interpretation of it differs. I can’t speak for others, but I’m an example of the phrase being interpreted subjectively. If I couldn’t apply my own experiences to parsing the information, we’d be on the same side

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

So be it. We disagree. 

I gotchu fam. 

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I read the paragraph you’re referring to. My interpretation of it differs. I can’t speak for others, but I’m an example of the phrase being interpreted subjectively. If I couldn’t apply my own experiences to parsing the information, we’d be on the same side

"The goal here is not at all to increase the arcane grind, we wanna correct mistakes in the meta, not squeeze you for the grind, you don't have to go back to Eidolons, you'll have Scarlet Spear". - Steve Sinclair, Devstream 139,

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

I gotchu fam. 

"The goal here is not at all to increase the arcane grind, we wanna correct mistakes in the meta, not squeeze you for the grind, you don't have to go back to Eidolons, you'll have Scarlet Spear". - Steve Sinclair, Devstream 139,

Yup. That’s the paragraph I’m referring to. Did you underline that first part?

edit: Oh, it’s a sentence. Thought it was a paragraph 😅

Edited by (NSW)Greybones