Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people acting like they paid for scarlet spear and got ripped off lol ?

DonIMdon

1 minute ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Did you research why players are upset? That DE lied? That Kuva Liches and Railjack were already greatly disliked by lots of players, and DE lost tons of players soon after Railjack was released. That Scarlet Spear released in a shoddy state, that players find it boring, that it shows DE lied about the arcane grind. The info is here on the forums, on reddit, and from Warframe partners on Youtube (Leyzargamingviews, Brozime, Tactical Potato). 

Ya i did the research lol i also PLAYED it myself and didnt experiece that many bugs or anything that made it unplayable but i saw others did and ? they are putting out hotfixs to fix stuff Plus its free and they said they were probably gonna extend the month event even further, what more do you want... I also watched all those youtubers. they made some really good points but some didnt sick to me as stated above. Scarlet spear launched in shoddy state ? Thats probably because theres this little virus going around and killing people and their whole team has to work in a weird ass way. Can you please stop being a spoiled brat asking GIMME GIMME FOR FREE FOR FREEEEE AND EVERYTHING MUST WORK PERFECTLY UNDER ANY CONDITION CAUSE I BOUGHT SOME THING 2 YEARS AGO OR I QUITTTTT. Also the event being boring doesnt really make any sense to me at all. You got into an MMO-lite and didnt expect to do repetitive things ? Thats like saying you dont like doom because theres shooting in it lmao

16 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

I gotchu fam. 

"The goal here is not at all to increase the arcane grind, we wanna correct mistakes in the meta, not squeeze you for the grind, you don't have to go back to Eidolons, you'll have Scarlet Spear". - Steve Sinclair, Devstream 139,

Dude, the grind for Scarlet Spear arcanes is way less than Eidolons.

5X3 gets you nine random arcanes in 50 minutes. In the same amount of time for scarlet spear, you can easily get a similar number of arcanes but also choose exactly what you want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BDMblue said:

My only complaint is they don’t have any anti limbo thing in place. At this point they need to make an eximus that deactivates ability’s when they walk into them. Because if limbo was not in the game it would make this event funnier. That reflects to every other part of the game too. 

u have arbitration drone, which is for community's 1 of worst enemy in game. Now imagine adding something like that to event map and we have  a new level of crying going on. Warframe's are tools so u use most effective tool to win.

10 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Dude, the grind for Scarlet Spear arcanes is way less than Eidolons.

5X3 gets you nine random arcanes in 50 minutes. In the same amount of time for scarlet spear, you can easily get a similar number of arcanes but also choose exactly what you want.

Assuming you get the bonus and that no bugs or issues come out to ruin your day.

Sure sure some haven't had anything go wrong and everything is smooth sailing, good for them.

Personally I just want a functioning event that doesn't rely on a 'bonus' mechanic to give the actual worthwhile payout.  

Content drought doesn't bother me, I either find something to do in Warframe - or I don't. I'd rather wait an extra bit of time to get a closer-to-finished update, than a rushed mess that much sooner. 

Honestly its not the actual game play that is the main problem with this event, its everything else surrounding it.

1. You have to join a flotilla and stick with it for 3 hours. If you join a different one you loose your rank and bonus credits from your first.

2. The 3 hour time gate is extremely annoying. Sometimes ill get my 5k points in under an hour, which means I have to wait another 2 hours just to play more of the event. This means if I want to grind for 3 hours, I have to be online and ready to play for the ENTIRE day, rather than just doing my daily grind in 1 session like everything else in the game.

3. Playing past 5k points feels like wasting time and effort since after that you don't get any more bonus points, effectively earning you 1/3 the points.

4. Joining the wrong flotilla makes you feel like you were cheated out of the rewards you earned, since you can put in the grind to get to 5k, but if it doesn't reach 100/100 because your flotilla was too empty, or everyone else on the flotilla didn't put in enough work, you loose out on the 10k bonus credits you should have gotten.

And that's just the problems you have if everything works correctly and by design! But then you mix in the game breaking bugs, the stupid amount of grind, and the monotonous game play, and everything just compounds into one giant mess.

2 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

The 3 hour time gate is extremely annoying. Sometimes ill get my 5k points in under an hour, which means I have to wait another 2 hours just to play more of the event. This means if I want to grind for 3 hours, I have to be online and ready to play for the ENTIRE day, rather than just doing my daily grind in 1 session like everything else in the game.

Can’t you just join another relay after you get the bonus? You can still earn credits from the missions.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

You are so new and naive it hurts. @(XB1)ECCHO SIERRA get a load of this virgin boi. /s

Can we count how many times DE has ripped of player's time in this game?! 

I mean you were completely wrong though, why are you in denial ? I would rather grind scarlet spear than the S#&$ty RNG loop of edelions. And I grinded it many times and NEVER got an energize or grace and the edelion grind is OMEGA boring just to get a chance like #*!% that. But heres a pro game exclusive console boy xbone secert cheat code tip, all games are a waste of time. Funny how you are still here though for all that precious time they took from you.

1 minute ago, Tinklzs said:

Assuming you get the bonus and that no bugs or issues come out to ruin your day.

The latter is fair, but it's a better deal even without the bonus, at least if you're looking for a particular arcane. You'd probably be stuck with three chances at it, whereas with scarlet spear, you can get two or three of a specific arcane no problem.

2 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Sure sure some haven't had anything go wrong and everything is smooth sailing, good for them.

Personally I just want a functioning event that doesn't rely on a 'bonus' mechanic to give the actual worthwhile payout.  

Content drought doesn't bother me, I either find something to do in Warframe - or I don't. I'd rather wait an extra bit of time to get a closer-to-finished update, than a rushed mess that much sooner. 

Personally, I don't mind the bonus, but I'd change it to a more granular system. Every 25 Murex will earn you 25% of your bonus reward. So if you get the maximum reward but juuust miss out on all 100 murex, you do still at least earn 7,500 which is still a nice payday.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Can’t you just join another relay after you get the bonus? You can still earn credits from the missions.

4 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

3. Playing past 5k points feels like wasting time and effort since after that you don't get any more bonus points, effectively earning you 1/3 the points.

8 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

1. You have to join a flotilla and stick with it for 3 hours. If you join a different one you loose your rank and bonus credits from your first.

I don't think you lose the credits though. I jumped Flotillas a couple of times, and still got the inbox messages with bonuses shortly after (presumably) their instances reached 100/100. So I can conclude that scores within Flotillas are tracked individually and AFAIK aren't lost no matter if you jump to another one for extra bonuses or not.

8 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

4. Joining the wrong flotilla makes you feel like you were cheated out of the rewards you earned, since you can put in the grind to get to 5k, but if it doesn't reach 100/100 because your flotilla was too empty, or everyone else on the flotilla didn't put in enough work, you loose out on the 10k bonus credits you should have gotten.

That is VERY annoying indeed. Just had a case when I joined a "busy" instance with 2/100 and over 1h30m remaining. By the time the clock ran out, they were at ~55/100. Our team could only wave nearly 10k bonus goodbye.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

6 minutes ago, DonIMdon said:

Funny how you are still here though for all that precious time they took from you.

Warframe Forums are more fun than video games at the moment. As for playing WF, nah would rather express my displeasure at WFs current state. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 2

Just now, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

1. had a full set already pre SS, now I don't. 

Well that's not Scarlet Spears fault is it, it's the Arcane rework.

1 minute ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

2. They gave us some bullS#&$ "double stacking reason" for making us need to have more for a full set. 

They gave a perfectly fine reason actually.

Double stacking is not only an exception to an established rule, but also made several arcanes far more powerful than they should be. Most of them had to get rebalanced anyway. You can't have engaging events and unlimited power, the legitimately mind-numbing CC spam-to-win of the Space mode attests to that (which, by the way, is my main complaint about the event. The space side is so god damn boring). 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

3. We have no idea what kind of extra grind it will be for Rares and Legendaries just to have a full set yet again, because #*!% me and my time, right?!

Commons are 1000 credits, uncommons are 1,500. It stands to reason that rares will be 2,000 and legendaries 2,500. Considering that there's only three legendary sets in the entire game and all three have a measly 5% drop chance each from the Hydrolyst, that sounds just fine to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

I don't think you lose the credits though. I jumped Flotillas a couple of times, and still got the inbox messages with bonuses shortly after (presumably) their instances reached 100/100. So I can conclude that scores within Flotillas are tracked individually and AFAIK aren't lost no matter if you jump to another one for extra bonuses or not.

Could be a bug they fixed, im not sure. All I know is a few days after launch I joined a flotilla and got 5k points, joined another one but then only got the bonus points from the second one. And even if I didn't reset your bonus points from the first, there wouldn't be a point in playing on the second unless you're helping a friend or something since you can only get 1 bonus payout.

1. had a full set already pre SS, now I don't. 

2. They gave us some bullS#&$ "double stacking reason" for making us need to have more for a full set. 

3. We have no idea what kind of extra grind it will be for Rares and Legendaries just to have a full set yet again, because #*!% you and your time, that's why. 

1. You have no life (not that theres anything wrong with that but its selfish to assume others have all that precious time that you have).

2.So ? Double stacking was dumb anyway at least now i can have more variety. And you would have to grind just about the same amount to double stack anyways.

3.Well if we have no idea how much rare and legendary arcanes will be, why are you freaking out ? Just play every once in awhile and save up creds till they come out then freakout if prices suck. Feel like im explaining how to play games to a child... Or you can do the S#&$ty RNG edelion loop if you really want to...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Double stacking is not only an exception to an established rule, but also made several arcanes far more powerful than they should be. Most of them had to get rebalanced anyway. You can't have engaging events and unlimited power, the legitimately mind-numbing CC spam-to-win of the Space mode attests to that (which, by the way, is my main complaint about the event. The space side is so god damn boring). 

They could have done all that without having to take on the extra 11. No one asked for that S#&$. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Warframe Forums are more fun than video games at the moment. As for playing WF, nah would rather express my displeasure at WFs current state. 

You must think being on forums is better than playing any game then... YIKES. Are you sure you didnt lose your mind from being quarantined so long lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DonIMdon said:

1. You have no life (not that theres anything wrong with that but its selfish to assume others have all that precious time that you have).

2.So ? Double stacking was dumb anyway at least now i can have more variety. And you would have to grind just about the same amount to double stack anyways.

3.Well if we have no idea how much rare and legendary arcanes will be, why are you freaking out ? Just play every once in awhile and save up creds till they come out then freakout if prices suck. Feel like im explaining how to play games to a child... Or you can do the S#&$ty RNG edelion loop if you really want to...

1. I like video games

2. I dont double stack

3. I did the trials bullS#&$ RNG grind everyday for my arcanes sets for a straight year. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 1

They could have done all that without having to take on the extra 11. No one asked for that S#&$. 

Cry me a river. The grind-focused game gave you more ranks. Unless the arcane as a whole was rebalanced, rank three was where you left it.

• Like 3

Goes right back to my original point of feeling ripped off because #*!% my time. 

F*** your time for not changing anything?

Again, unless the arcane as a whole was rebalanced, the game didn't weaken you and force you to grind to return to that power level, it kept your power level and gave you more power to get to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Again, unless the arcane as a whole was rebalanced, the game didn't weaken you and force you to grind to return to that power level, it kept your power level and gave you more power to get to.

And who asked for that? DE did arcane collectors wrong. Stop try to justify that bullS#&$. We all have full sets now we don't case in point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

F*** your time for not changing anything?

Dont mind him console boys are T H I C C in the head...

Hot take: I find the event to be fun and respectful of my time.

I haven't gotten bored of slamming Condrix after Condrix yet, despite there only being one set of tiles that the event is housed in -but that's a matter of personal preference.

Aside from the bugs and the incorrect scoring at times (which can be understandably annoying and frustrating) the earn rate of the event itself is pretty fair once I spent time to understand how the system works. Yesterday, I did a 17 Condrix run that lasted about 40 minutes and a shorter run that lasted about 25 in a duo squad. My earnings, after the bonus payout, totaled roughly 11k creds, almost enough to get 8 arcane guardians on the spot.

Comparatively, an Eidolon run (for the sake of the example, I will assume that a full squad of experienced players would do 3 cycles in a single night) would get me 9 random arcanes. I appreciate the fact that Scarlet Spear allows me to choose which arcanes I earn, and for a very similar amount of time spent. It's a breath of fresh air not having to fight eidolons and very convenient that I don't need to trade with other people to get the arcanes I want.

My only problem with the event (aside from the bugs) is the 100/100 Murex bonus. When a flotilla doesn't pull their weight, I receive 1/3 of the payout that I would normally get, which is very annoying and inconvenient considering that I contributed a decent amount to the flotilla. It feels out of my hands despite me investing time to help a flotilla.

I didn't play the event for the first few days, because I knew that DE would adjust earn rate in some capacity. I can't speak for the original bonus payout model. But when I started playing the event for the first time, I felt massively "ripped off" for my time. It was only when I figured out exactly how the system worked that I realized the grind:time ratio is actually pretty fair. I'd say that a large majority of players who feel "ripped off" do not understand the system yet. (and understandably so, DE did not explain it well and attempts at explaining it are mediocre.)

And who asked for that? DE did arcane collectors wrong. Stop try to justify that bullS#&$. We all have full sets now we don't case in point. 

The "DE did X minority dirty" argument is basically an argument to never change the game, ever, because pretty much every change is going to do a minority dirty.

Better new player experience? Casualising the game and hand-holding. Harder content? Locking out the casual audience. And you can bet both sides will complain.

• Like 1