Region Specific Chat Issues

Hello, 

How is it going ? My name is Saheed Adeyemi, a Nigerian carrying a Brazilian Citizenship and a 6 years lover of Warframe till date. 
    I have influenced, and made more than 80 or more people in Brazil download Warframe due to the fact that i indoctrinate English to a lot of students out here, each time we are having a Field Trip Class, we talk about games plus several other fun loving activities; so Warframe is one of them. 

Ever since i started playing WF, i have never had problem with my *Chat Server* like i do nowadays. 

Browsing through the internet, i found several other users whom are also battling just about the same problem which is Logging in and the Chat Spot reads “warframe failed to connect to chat server” on my PS4.

It all went dark, and shows nothing but a spinning circle-like figure by the extreme left corner of the chat spot. 
Rebooted, reseted, turned off both my router and ps4; but the problem still persists.  

Please help fix this Problem. 
my ID is: Sydac2000ng

For your attention, Thank you. 
God bless you and your team as we Ninjas all Play for FREE.  

On 2020-03-24 at 5:37 PM, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

-snip-

Not being able to access the chat doesn't necessarily mean you're banned. Chat servers can actually have problems fyi, and you need to stop assuming everyone with connectivity issues is breaking the rules.

Several other users reported this problem in the past few days. You must be pretty ignorant to jump to the conclusion that all of them are banned. Use your head and stop being unecessarily rude to others.

On 2020-03-24 at 6:17 PM, (PS4)Knaak7 said:

-snip-

No, but the spinning circle and the "failed to connect to server," message are from bans. You get banned for two reasons, scamming and breaking the rules. Connectivity issues provide different diagnostic issues. Being banned is the only thing that will allow you to connect with and play WF while not being allowed to access chat servers. If they can connect to and play WF, but not to chat, they're banned.

On 2020-03-24 at 6:20 PM, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

You get banned for two reasons, scamming and breaking the rules.

I wish this was true. Kickbot sometimes makes accidental bans because it's just a bot, and chat moderators are human and sometimes make mistakes. Also, it's supposed to say "Your access to in-game chat has been suspended." Why are you being so hostile to someone asking an honest question? ALSO, sometimes the chat servers genuinely go down. They're separate from the game servers. 

Any form of punishment/discipline should be extremely obvious as to what it is. It should not look like a technical issue. 

DC7-AEEA9-C5-BC-4-C82-9-B6-C-3-C43-E9922Randomly a few days ago this happened. My chats went down, essentially. It never shows when I’m online to my clan members, and when they attempt to chat me, it doesn’t get through to me and it tells them that I’m offline, even if I’m online. I cannot see anything when someone tries to initiate a chat with me. I also can’t chat or even attempt to. It keeps telling me “Failed to connect to chat server” about every few hours. This has been going on for about 3 days now. Please help.

On 2020-03-24 at 6:12 PM, Flyshlee said:

I wish this was true. Kickbot sometimes makes accidental bans because it's just a bot, and chat moderators are human and sometimes make mistakes. Also, it's supposed to say "Your access to in-game chat has been suspended." Why are you being so hostile to someone asking an honest question? ALSO, sometimes the chat servers genuinely go down. They're separate from the game servers. 

Any form of punishment/discipline should be extremely obvious as to what it is. It should not look like a technical issue. 

Thanks so much 

On 2020-03-24 at 3:17 PM, (PS4)Knaak7 said:

Not being able to access the chat doesn't necessarily mean you're banned. Chat servers can actually have problems fyi, and you need to stop assuming everyone with connectivity issues is "being a cretin in chat".

Several other users reported this problem in the past few days. You must be pretty ignorant to jump to the conclusion that all of them are banned. Use your head and stop being unecessarily rude to others.

God bless you so so much 

Hello,

How are things going?  My name is Lucas Giorgetti, a Brazilian citizen and a 2-year-old Warframe lover until a date.
 I influenced and made more than 10 or more people in Brazil to download Warframe due to the fact that I learn English for many students here, every time I take a class, we talk about games and other fun things.  activities;  so Warframe is one of them.

Since I started playing WF, I never had any problems with my * Chat Server * how to do today.

Browsing the Internet, meeting several other users who also face the same problem they are accessing and Chat Spot says “the warframe was unable to connect the chat server” on my PS4.

Everything went dark and shows nothing but a figure in the shape of a circle rotating in the far left corner of the chat site.
 Restarted, reset, I shut down my router and ps4;  But the problem still persists.

Please help to correct this problem.
 my ID is: zkl3_luc4s

For your attention, thank you

• [DE]Danielle changed the title to Region Specific Chat Issues
On 2020-03-24 at 3:17 PM, (PS4)Knaak7 said:

Not being able to access the chat doesn't necessarily mean you're banned. Chat servers can actually have problems fyi, and you need to stop assuming everyone with connectivity issues is "being a cretin in chat".

that was very evil but also correct... a lot of person have the same problem... now the Warframe developers need to work with this problems 

Hey guys! 

Through some investigation, we've found that many Tenno using the Internet Service Providers, Claro and Net, are experiencing issues with chat on PlayStation 4. 

Upon communication with the development and technical teams, we do not have any outages or wide spread issues with Warframe on PS4 at this time. This suggests that the issue may be region specific and with your Internet Service Providers. As a next step, we recommend contacting them for technical assistance as their tools allow to properly diagnose issues on their network. 

We apologize we can't offer more support for the situation, thank you Tenno.

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! 

Through some investigation, we've found that many Tenno using the Internet Service Providers, Claro and Net, are experiencing issues with chat on PlayStation 4. 

Upon communication with the development and technical teams, we do not have any outages or wide spread issues with Warframe on PS4 at this time. This suggests that the issue may be region specific and with your Internet Service Providers. As a next step, we recommend contacting them for technical assistance as their tools allow to properly diagnose issues on their network. 

We apologize we can't offer more support for the situation, thank you Tenno.

If we're depending on them... We are f...ed

Sorry @[DE]Danielle, I really didn't undertand it!

How will I be able to address this problem to my service provider without any technical information. Just calling them and saying "hey, could you please verify why isn't my Warframe chat working?" isn't a good starting point. They'll just verify if the internet is working (and it is), check ping, package losses, things like that.
But if everything else is working (even game itself) but only the chat isn't, we surelly need more info thant just asking to call our service providers without further details.

What exacty do the service provider need to do?

Archived