Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Region Specific Chat Issues

(PSN)demigoddelitex_x

10 minutes ago, (PS4)JRAMOS1786 said:

Hi guys, I'm on ps4 and i just can't connect to chat servers, it keeps loading forever, it's been like this for 4 days now. Anyone got this problem? You know how to solve this?

Thank you and sorry for English, not my language.

Do u have NET as your internet provider?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)JRAMOS1786 said:

Yes, it works with mobile internet.

That means you having same issue of ppl with NET. then you have 4 choices:

1- call your Internet Provider and ask to unblock irc communication 

2- change your ISP

3- Open a DE support tkt here (which will be closed using one of 3 possible info)

3.1 - they will close saying they are aware of the problem and keep looking at the forum “waiting” for a solution.

3.2 - they will close pointing to Danielle post in this thread saying it’s an ISP problem.

3.3 - they will just close the ticket without any info.

4 - change game

we hope after SS they change back the irc ports if not ppl will stay without chat.

On 2020-04-22 at 1:27 PM, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Man tbh they (DE) not gonna do anything about this... you have 4 options:

1- start a crusade against your ISP. (Which will be just a waste of time)

2- change your ISP. (Which I personally believe any game don’t deserve that)

3- play without chat.

4- just change games. There’s a lot of better games out there.

its just a small number of ppl affected by the problem. if at least was all ps4 players (which isn’t even close to pc) they could change ports but it’s just a small amount Of players in a even smaller amount of consoles using same ISP

That seems overly pessimistic

I know DE has problems on being timely with needed fixes but if one of their representatives ( summoning @[DE]Nate ) took the time to actually answer a ticket from somebody that they're looking into it, instead of just deflecting blame back onto the ISPs as they've done until now, chances are they'll actually give it a look. May not be affecting many people in the grand scheme of things but it's still a bug that basically makes the game unplayable and it's in their best interest to keep people playing because most of the time that translates to more revenue for them. Not fixing this is directly counter to that. I can't say *when* the fix will arrive, even more with COVID and work from home making it more difficult, but it'll probably come sooner or later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)SkystriderVoras said:

bug that basically makes the game unplayable and it's in their best interest to keep people playing because most of the time that translates to more revenue for them. Not fixing this is directly counter to that.

Yeah agreed but in this chat case I think they had to make a decision... reroute chat Back to the same port and leave everybody else without SS chat, or let ps4 chat at this port and see what happens. But now after ppl get used to SS chat there’s no way to revert until SS’s done (this season). I’m really hoping after SS they return that port and find another solution for that next SS seasons (that’s a hard way)... but using observations from last DE actions they can choose the easy way and keep blaming ISP’s since can be resolved by both sides. 

Hey guys - wanted to check in since we continue to see your reports of ongoing issues with chat on PS4 (predominantly in SA regions) and wanted to offer some suggestions. Since we are unable to fully investigate/test this on our end (being located in North America with Canadian ISPs), these aren't surefire ways to resolve the chat problems you may be experiencing, but we thought we might as well extend the following possible troubleshooting steps in addition to my original post about contacting your ISP: 

• Ensure there are no firewalls blocking your connection. 
  • Ensure that chat ports (6695 - 6699) are open - you can do so by looking into port forwarding in your router manual (these are usually available online!). If the router was provided by your ISP we suggest contacting them to help if you are unable to yourself with the former. 
  • If none of the above works, please contact our support at support.warframe.com - The support team has been following the issue closely and may be able to assist you further. 

Additionally, we have a fix coming in the next PS4 update that may be the cause of issues for some of you: 

• Fixed outstanding issue on chat where you’d see loading spinner instead of "your access to chat has been suspended" when banned.

This by no means indicates that everyone currently having issues is chat banned, simply that it may be the case for some that will be clarified with the next update once that fix goes live. 

We know how important chat is to you, and know how frustrating it is to be unable to connect with others, especially given our current stay at home state. We're hoping that some of the above might help - let us know here if it does! I'll also be updating the thread here once that fix goes live. 

Thanks Tenno! Stay safe. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Additionally, we have a fix coming in the next PS4 update that may be the cause of issues for some of you: 

Really thanks for that @[DE]Danielle cuz after 18 calls to ISP, traces and logs. The ISP it’s impossible to change...

suport tkt 1 the guy closed without any correct info... second tkt was closed using this thread as info. 

looking forward to this fix.

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys - wanted to check in since we continue to see your reports of ongoing issues with chat on PS4 (predominantly in SA regions) and wanted to offer some suggestions. Since we are unable to fully investigate/test this on our end (being located in North America with Canadian ISPs), these aren't surefire ways to resolve the chat problems you may be experiencing, but we thought we might as well extend the following possible troubleshooting steps in addition to my original post about contacting your ISP: 

• Ensure there are no firewalls blocking your connection. 
  • Ensure that chat ports (6695 - 6699) are open - you can do so by looking into port forwarding in your router manual (these are usually available online!). If the router was provided by your ISP we suggest contacting them to help if you are unable to yourself with the former. 
  • If none of the above works, please contact our support at support.warframe.com - The support team has been following the issue closely and may be able to assist you further. 

• Fixed outstanding issue on chat where you’d see loading spinner instead of "your access to chat has been suspended" when banned.

This by no means indicates that everyone currently having issues is chat banned, simply that it may be the case for some that will be clarified with the next update once that fix goes live. 

We know how important chat is to you, and know how frustrating it is to be unable to connect with others, especially given our current stay at home state. We're hoping that some of the above might help - let us know here if it does! I'll also be updating the thread here once that fix goes live. 

Thanks Tenno! Stay safe. 

Thank you immensely for this. Just discovered that for some godforsaken reason they decided to block those ports, and port forwarding from the router does absolutely nothing. Will have to ask someone from tech to come over and fix this, however, due to the quarantine, it might be a while. At least I know what I have to do now. If they refuse to unblock them, it's nothing a little legal threat won't solve - after all, it USED to work.

Hope you guys are all safe and healthy back home 🙂

3 hours ago, (PS4)Shyuu- said:

If they refuse to unblock them, it's nothing a little legal threat won't solve

For sure not gonna work... if you read your contract there’s a list of blocked ports by security reasons and they not gonna unblock it unless u pay for a Corp plan.

after all, it USED to work.

Yes, exactly one week before SS then we’ve got an update saying “behind the scenes” and then doesn’t work anymore. Coincidence? Guess not. 

they decided to block those ports

I can assure you they don’t “decide” anything. I have my contract with this ISP for a lil bit more than 10 years and these ports was there related as “potencial risk” so chat port wasn’t using these numbers one week before SS...

but let’s hope after SS we have chat again.

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

Ensure that chat ports (6695 - 6699)

@[DE]Danielle can u ask to your dev (or network) team why the software look for 4950 and 4955 ports? Seeking for ip ending in “10.4”? (I have screenshots if you need)
Maybe that’s the problem... the software seek for 49xx range and the servers receiving just at 66xx range.

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-03 at 7:49 PM, (PS4)SkystriderVoras said:

can you give more info on this please?

I use Claro due to a lack of choice, it's either them or nothing due to where I live, theirs is the only coverage I can get.

I still haven't tried port forwarding due to being afraid of sh*tting on my internet connection in general, but.... well what are the ports DE uses and that I need to forward to?

I'm glad this thread has continued forward, (which is not at all to say that I glad the issues at the heart of the matter have persisted ... and even become worse ... as I just read a more recent notification which back-directed to this thread).

One thing that I felt came off seeming a bit off in 'tone' with the original suggestion for framing a conversation with a SERVICE PROVIDER, was the last (or "bottom") line.

I did not indend for it to be a threat tactic, (or a "rhetorical question"), as I know all too well, from personal experience, how the available options for an ISP can fall to none (having lived for two years with NO alternative to Clear Wimax with a Base Station and a Mobile Hotspot for ALL communications services).

The MAIN idea behind the question was to elicit an answer from the SERVICE PROVIDER, clarifying their position. For example (hypothetically):

Customer: So, is this the bottom line here, that I will HAVE TO use ANOTHER service provider now, just to be able to get this one application

[being run Globally, on Four Major Communications Platforms, by hundreds of thousands of Real Time users, via countless Service Providers, all over the world, and even off of it, connecting 24/7, feeding constant data into ongoing development for the MAIN I.P. of a company big enought swat a two-bit "provider" off the map]

to work again?

ISP Representative: That is correct.

Customer: I'm sorry, can you repeat that. There was this sudden ... what sounded like a big crash or explosion or something right outside ... just as you started speaking, and I couldn't hear what you said.

(The part in brackets is all stuff to not actually say, but which is, nonetheless, "loaded" into the question, waiting at the other end of "the barrel" for the response. ; )

Edited by (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax
typo

On 2020-05-06 at 12:56 PM, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Really thanks for that @[DE]Danielle cuz after 18 calls to ISP, traces and logs. The ISP it’s impossible to change...

suport tkt 1 the guy closed without any correct info... second tkt was closed using this thread as info. 

looking forward to this fix.

That is something I never expected I'd see:

Preferring to have been banned from chat, rather than having an issue with chat failing to connect when it SHOULD.

On 2020-05-06 at 8:23 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

"Additionally, we have a fix coming in the next PS4 update that may be the cause of issues for some of you:"

(That is punctuated by a colon, not a period. That indicates it is setting up something which will be more completely described, defined or explained by what immediately follows).

[The fix that is coming in the next PS4 update, will say]

"Fixed outstanding issue on chat where you’d see loading spinner instead of 'your access to chat has been suspended' when banned.'" 

So when players get banned from chat, the chat window is supposed to display a message (which is often preceded by the "spinner"), that says "your access to chat has been suspended." 

Apparently, there have been cases when that message has not shown up, and the "spinner" has just run on indefinitely (the way it does when the chat box is unable to connect.)

It has been a outstanding issue, because even though it is only in the minority of instances that an endless "spinner" is the result of a chat ban that fails to resolve into notification of suspended chat access, it is what players encountering the "spinner" are most frequently told is the reason for it (by other players), when posting a question in a public forum, asking what that is or why it's happening.  

(That only becomes further compounded, when players encountering the "spinner" accept a "chat ban" as being the reason for it, often when it is not, become irate, and go on to further protest over public and/or private forums that they have been wronged by [DE] with a ban from chat for no reason. Then, seeing that, more players begin to further assume that anything which interferes with their ability to connect during log-in means that [DE] has "banned" them, and on and on ...)

oqtcqfV.jpg

So, the "bullet point" (that followed the preface, which was punctuated by a semicolon), was further expounded upon, in these terms:

"This by no means indicates that everyone currently having issues [with the "spinner"] is chat banned, simply that it may be the case for some..."  

The post then concludes the topic of that "fix" by stating that "[it] will be [further] clarified with the next update[,] once that fix goes live."

(Alternately, there have been, and will be players who accept one statement, taken out of context, or even a part of one, as a "promise" made by [DE], and if/when what was expected, because it was "promised," doesn't materialize, go out into the public & private forums to decry [DE] for "lying" or "breaking their promise.")

Edited by (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax
had to alternate platforms to add image/insert link

2 hours ago, (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax said:

That is something I never expected I'd see:

Preferring to have been banned from chat, rather than having an issue with chat failing to connect when it SHOULD.

"Additionally, we have a fix coming in the next PS4 update that may be the cause of issues for some of you:"

(That is punctuated by a colon, not a period. That indicates it is setting up something which will be more completely described, defined or explained by what immediately follows).

[The fix that is coming in the next PS4 update, will say]

"Fixed outstanding issue on chat where you’d see loading spinner instead of 'your access to chat has been suspended' when banned.'" 

So when players get banned from chat, the chat window is supposed to display a message (which is often preceded by the "spinner"), that says "your access to chat has been suspended." 

Apparently, there have been cases when that message has not shown up, and the "spinner" has just run on indefinitely (the way it does when the chat box is unable to connect.)

It has been a outstanding issue, because even though it is only in the minority of instances that an endless "spinner" is the result of a chat ban that fails to resolve into notification of suspended chat access, it is what players encountering the "spinner" are most frequently told is the reason for it (by other players), when posting a question in a public forum, asking what that is or why it's happening.  

(That only becomes further compounded, when players encountering the "spinner" accept a "chat ban" as being the reason for it, often when it is not, become irate, and go on to further protest over public and/or private forums that they have been wronged by [DE] with a ban from chat for no reason. Then, seeing that, more players begin to further assume that anything which interferes with their ability to connect during log-in means that [DE] has "banned" them, and on and on ...)

So, the "bullet point" (that followed the preface, which was punctuated by a semicolon), was further expounded upon, in these terms:

"This by no means indicates that everyone currently having issues [with the "spinner"] is chat banned, simply that it may be the case for some..."  

The post then concludes the topic of that "fix" by stating that "[it] will be [further] clarified with the next update[,] once that fix goes live."

(Alternately, there have been, and will be players who accept one statement, taken out of context, or even a part of one, as a "promise" made by [DE], and if/when what was expected, because it was "promised," doesn't materialize, go out into the public & private forums to decry [DE] for "lying" or "breaking their promise.")

While I understood your very throughout grammar review of the official statement, honestly, our best bet by now is waiting till Scarlet Spear ends and pray they'll revert the chat changes they made for the event. I believe one of the previous posts mentioned that SS uses a separate port from the usual ones (which is also blocked for a lot of us down here in South America), so I'm guessing that could be where the problem is coming from.

Other than that, I'm honestly at my wits end. Good luck to you who decide to keep looking for a solution. We all know we aren't banned, so this aforementioned 'fix' won't solve anything for us.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Shyuu- said:

While I understood your very throughout grammar review of the official statement, honestly, our best bet by now is waiting till Scarlet Spear ends and pray they'll revert the chat changes they made for the event. I believe one of the previous posts mentioned that SS uses a separate port from the usual ones (which is also blocked for a lot of us down here in South America), so I'm guessing that could be where the problem is coming from.

Other than that, I'm honestly at my wits end. Good luck to you who decide to keep looking for a solution. We all know we aren't banned, so this aforementioned 'fix' won't solve anything for us.

Well, according to what I just looked at (from within "The Orbiter"), there are 2 Days and 5 hours remaining until the end of OSS. The New Mainline Update, however, has cleared Cert, and is scheduled to go live "tomorrow." 

Of course any hopes that changes made to ENABLE additional communications channels and high volumes of communication data between Proxima Space and Star Chart Space, seems like it would be absolutely vital to the development aims of further expanding the former, and effectively merging the latter (or "lifting the whole"). If anything, I would expect that the next Operation will plant another virtual communications trunk, to further expand upon and beyond what OSS has added. I can't imagine how the directions of development can be advanced by reversion to primitivism. But then again, I don't understand how prayer effects the ways by which technologies function or fail either.