Region Specific Chat Issues

4 hours ago, (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax said:

But then again, I don't understand how prayer effects the ways by which technologies function or fail either.

Are you always this literal? I just meant it's unlikely that DE will fix it themselves considering their previous response, so a little hope won't hurt. And yes, I am aware SS will continue for a couple days and the mainline update arrives today (updating as I'm typing this), so the chat will only be fixed if another hotfix drops and revert the changes made for SS.

Edited by (PS4)Shyuu-
Yep. Still no chat
On 2020-05-06 at 11:23 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys - wanted to check in since we continue to see your reports of ongoing issues with chat on PS4 (predominantly in SA regions) and wanted to offer some suggestions. Since we are unable to fully investigate/test this on our end (being located in North America with Canadian ISPs), these aren't surefire ways to resolve the chat problems you may be experiencing, but we thought we might as well extend the following possible troubleshooting steps in addition to my original post about contacting your ISP: 

• Ensure there are no firewalls blocking your connection. 
  • Ensure that chat ports (6695 - 6699) are open - you can do so by looking into port forwarding in your router manual (these are usually available online!). If the router was provided by your ISP we suggest contacting them to help if you are unable to yourself with the former. 
  • If none of the above works, please contact our support at support.warframe.com - The support team has been following the issue closely and may be able to assist you further. 

Additionally, we have a fix coming in the next PS4 update that may be the cause of issues for some of you: 

• Fixed outstanding issue on chat where you’d see loading spinner instead of "your access to chat has been suspended" when banned.

This by no means indicates that everyone currently having issues is chat banned, simply that it may be the case for some that will be clarified with the next update once that fix goes live. 

We know how important chat is to you, and know how frustrating it is to be unable to connect with others, especially given our current stay at home state. We're hoping that some of the above might help - let us know here if it does! I'll also be updating the thread here once that fix goes live. 

Thanks Tenno! Stay safe. 

The fix for "outstanding issue on chat where you’d see loading spinner instead of "your access to chat has been suspended" when banned" is live now on PS4 with this morning's update: 

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The fix for "outstanding issue on chat where you’d see loading spinner instead of "your access to chat has been suspended" when banned" is live now on PS4 with this morning's update:

Yep but doesn’t fixed the 65xx port seeking. But it’s ok I’ll wait until SS is over to rebind the IRC ports if doesn’t work ppl will stay W/O chat solution.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shyuu- said:

mainline update arrives today

that update isn’t a mainline just RJ fixes (to be what supposed to be at launch) and NW3 which it’s just a solution for alerts. So there’s no real content or new anything.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shyuu- said:

so the chat will only be fixed if another hotfix drops and revert the changes made for SS

I really start to think that won’t happen since SS is a recurrent event probably they’ll keep the IRC server as is to save that port binding for future events.

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4
20 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Yep but doesn’t fixed the 65xx port seeking. But it’s ok I’ll wait until SS is over to rebind the IRC ports if doesn’t work ppl will stay W/O chat solution.

Sorry @[DE]Danielle, I take it back the game started to seek 49xx range which is blocked by most ISP’s and now causing problems to more players. I have a question.

since it’s became a wide problem now. can we talk “how DE will resolve that”? Or will we keep using the “ISP problem” as a non solution?

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

I contacted my internet provider and the assistant told me that there is no problem with the provider or connection and they sent me to complain with the game company in the case of DE

not only the providers Claro and Net have this case of chat with malfunction

the following providers with chat problems

GVT 

OI

SKY BANDALARGA

VIVO

Edited by (PS4)JhonnCHROMA
On 2020-03-31 at 10:13 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! 

Through some investigation, we've found that many Tenno using the Internet Service Providers, Claro and Net, are experiencing issues with chat on PlayStation 4. 

Upon communication with the development and technical teams, we do not have any outages or wide spread issues with Warframe on PS4 at this time. This suggests that the issue may be region specific and with your Internet Service Providers. As a next step, we recommend contacting them for technical assistance as their tools allow to properly diagnose issues on their network. 

We apologize we can't offer more support for the situation, thank you Tenno.

it seems that the chat problem has advanced more because not only Claro and Net are in trouble, there are more providers with chat problems saying "Failed to connect to chat server"

GVT 

OI 

VIVO 

SKY BANDALARGA

other local SA providers

Le 06/05/2020 à 12:23, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Hey guys - wanted to check in since we continue to see your reports of ongoing issues with chat on PS4 (predominantly in SA regions) and wanted to offer some suggestions. Since we are unable to fully investigate/test this on our end (being located in North America with Canadian ISPs), these aren't surefire ways to resolve the chat problems you may be experiencing, but we thought we might as well extend the following possible troubleshooting steps in addition to my original post about contacting your ISP: 

• Ensure there are no firewalls blocking your connection. 
  • Ensure that chat ports (6695 - 6699) are open - you can do so by looking into port forwarding in your router manual (these are usually available online!). If the router was provided by your ISP we suggest contacting them to help if you are unable to yourself with the former. 
  • If none of the above works, please contact our support at support.warframe.com - The support team has been following the issue closely and may be able to assist you further. 

Additionally, we have a fix coming in the next PS4 update that may be the cause of issues for some of you: 

• Fixed outstanding issue on chat where you’d see loading spinner instead of "your access to chat has been suspended" when banned.

This by no means indicates that everyone currently having issues is chat banned, simply that it may be the case for some that will be clarified with the next update once that fix goes live. 

We know how important chat is to you, and know how frustrating it is to be unable to connect with others, especially given our current stay at home state. We're hoping that some of the above might help - let us know here if it does! I'll also be updating the thread here once that fix goes live. 

Thanks Tenno! Stay safe. 

none of the operators are able to release these ports specifically.
 The vivo and gvt operators also missed the chat on the day you 
released the last correction update.
 It is absurd the lack of respect you have with thousands of players.
 are all operators in Brazil wrong and are you right?
 You could release some option to change this within the options of the 
game, as it exists on the PC or simply revert the crap that you did.
 But they prefer to omit themselves. Pathetic.

Ahem. @[DE]Danielle Dani, I know none of this is your fault, but can I please ask you to check with the PS4 tech team and see if there's any way they could change the chat port back to the higher numbers? While it was in ports 6695-6699, everything was working fine, but since Scarlet Spear brought it down to 49xx, everything went downhill. By now, most of (if not all) South American players are bound to play without chat, cause our ISPs down here block those ports and there's nothing we can do. Truly. We did try talking to them directly but they can't find a problem, since everything else is working just fine. We got at least two new updates and a bunch of hotfixes but still, nothing has worked.

I was eager to buy the 2020 Tennocon Pack, but honestly, after all this ongoing headache for the last 2 months, I'm not so sure anymore. Which is a shame, cause I enjoy the game quite a bit and need the plat (since being without chat practically kill trades), but we need a fix. ASAP.

• Like 3
On 2020-05-15 at 4:56 PM, (PS4)Shyuu- said:

Ahem. @[DE]Danielle Dani, I know none of this is your fault, but can I please ask you to check with the PS4 tech team and see if there's any way they could change the chat port back to the higher numbers? While it was in ports 6695-6699, everything was working fine, but since Scarlet Spear brought it down to 49xx, everything went downhill. By now, most of (if not all) South American players are bound to play without chat, cause our ISPs down here block those ports and there's nothing we can do. Truly. We did try talking to them directly but they can't find a problem, since everything else is working just fine. We got at least two new updates and a bunch of hotfixes but still, nothing has worked.

I was eager to buy the 2020 Tennocon Pack, but honestly, after all this ongoing headache for the last 2 months, I'm not so sure anymore. Which is a shame, cause I enjoy the game quite a bit and need the plat (since being without chat practically kill trades), but we need a fix. ASAP.

gonna second this

no matter what we do, our ISPs won't change their protocol/policy for us, since we're such a small fraction of their users, and they don't give a sh*t even in important matters, nevermind about chat problems on a videogame, so we depend on DE to solve that on their end. Its either that or no chat anymore, forever, and that basically makes the game unplayable.

also, the most recent hotfix that tried to change something on the chat properties seems to have broken it even more.

Edited by (PS4)SkystriderVoras
On 2020-05-15 at 10:24 PM, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

I put my PS4(standard) on DMZ

DMZ doesn’t work since it’s an backbone block.

9 hours ago, (PS4)JhonnCHROMA said:

If everyone does a petition to bring ports 6695-6699 back into the game and end this problem

Really? 3 things about it:

1- a game deserve this?

2- they can just drop it like they’re doing about this and other threads about this subjects.

3- if they change it. will be a straight Backfire since the range 6650-6695 it’s already settled for SS and that’ll be a recurrent event.

a good proposition would be get rid of IRC as a communication platform (which wasn’t used in games since 2k-2004) and get a better one... would be better for security reasons and server load.

But they not gonna do because of $ and it is easier to implement and sustain. Plus they just don’t care about a small portion of console players.

• Like 1
On 2020-03-31 at 3:57 PM, (PS4)hugomacsan said:

Sorry @[DE]Danielle, I really didn't undertand it!

How will I be able to address this problem to my service provider without any technical information. Just calling them and saying "hey, could you please verify why isn't my Warframe chat working?" isn't a good starting point. They'll just verify if the internet is working (and it is), check ping, package losses, things like that.
But if everything else is working (even game itself) but only the chat isn't, we surelly need more info thant just asking to call our service providers without further details.

What exacty do the service provider need to do?

I have the same problem Hugo, my internet is VIVO. I can play warframe, just fine. The only thing that’s doesn’t work is the chat. Since the last update. There is a blue circle spinning. 

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Raizaky said:

I don't know why but my chat is back up now.

Now with that “behind the scenes update“ (which started the first problem with NET/Claro only). We can have same original scenario.

But there’s something weird I have Net and Vivo and when I config to use my Vivo I still have same problem (which started Around 1 week before SS end). Maybe the has still using cached connection. Let’s see.

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4

Hey Tenno,

We have made some changes to our back-end, and you should see some connection to chat now. You may need to restart your game client to pick up the change, and if you have continued issues, please let us know.

Thanks!

• Like 3

Yeah I think you just moved this problem to north america lol.   Lost my chat a few minutes ago and its not coming back......

-May 26th relic release

-May 26 cant form squads with people as it says they are offline.

-May 27 no chat...