Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion on the Nyx Rework, and What I Wanted to See

PotatoFamineHarbinger

I, like pretty much everyone, have been having a sad time with Nyx. However, I though of Nyx so little that, when the rework hit, I had to read to notes to actually identify the changes. Turns out, the changes didn't do anything I needed them to do...

except the one I highlighted.

Update 24.2
Nyx Changes:
Nyx is the master of psychic manipulation - her abilities are now capable of Debuffing, CC'ing or dealing damage directly through means of psychic energy and manipulation!

Nyx's abilities have received an audio refresh - new sounds have been added to her powers!

Passive:

• Nyx's Passive now causes enemies to miss her more often.
  • Nyx's last Passive was to randomly disarm enemies when hit by powers. Since her revisited kit depends on enemies effectively hitting each other, we changed the passive to make Nyx simply harder to hit.
  • Nyx’s passive ability to make enemies miss will be deactivated when she is using Absorb, meaning no shot will be wasted!

Mind Control:

• Mind Control has a 4 second wind up at the start where incoming damage will cause the target's damage output to increase. The stronger your weaponry, the deadlier the output of your victim!
    • Reminder: All damage inflicted to the target will apply once Nyx deactivates Mind Control, or when the Duration runs out.
  • Better 'follow Nyx and attack enemies' AI pass.
  • Mind Control can now be cast while moving, and no longer halts Nyx in her tracks!
  • The cast time for Mind Control has been decreased, so you can better use the 4-second window to ‘power up’ your new minion!

Psychic Bolts:

• No longer deals any damage and will temporarily disable Armor & Shield, slow down Infested units, and disable Ancients' Auras.
  • Psychic Bolts can be cast once on up to 6 targets. Kill these targets before you can cast again, OR hold '2' to reset targets and cast again!

Absorb:

• Absorb damage type is now based on the damage types it absorbs.

This change is the ONLY change me and DE had in common. Everything else is a cluster of data. Here is the [sort of] mega rework I wanted. Going forward, I would like to state that I have no expectation of this being implemented, and I do not mean to *@##$. I am just stating what I was hoping for when I heard the announcement. Also, if any of these things look familiar, and you or someone you know have written these, I am telling you now - I haven't done any research on what the community thinks about this. This is all my own opinion. So if someone else wants to claim they came up with something here, go right ahead - I don't care. What matters to me is that we get together as a community and come up with something for Nyx that works, because a useless Warframe shouldn't exist if it has TWO deluxe skins before Nidus Prime's release.

Anyway, here you go. Hope you like it.

Nyx Changes: Pretty much a mega overhaul

Passive:

• Enemies effected by her abilities are Sedated
  • Sedated enemies can only attack other Sedated enemies
  • Killing a Sedated enemy provides a 10% chance to drop a health or energy orb. Increased to 100% on head shot

1. Mind Control {25 NRG [+/- Efficiency] }:

• Conscript any enemy unit to fight along your side as a Puppet
  • A Puppet last for 20/50/80/ Infinite [+/- Duration] seconds
    • While as a Puppet the unit follows from a tether* at 5/10/15/20 [+/- Range] meters and can vacuum Health/Energy Orbs and Ammunition at 15 meters [no scaling].
    • While conscripted, Nyx gains 30/50/70/90% [no scaling] damage reduction and redirects all post-mitigated damage to your Puppet
    • The unit deals 25/50/75/100% [no scaling] of its normal damage, and has all it's normal abilities, including a new effect, "Surrender"
    • "Surrender" occurs when the unit dies or the ability is deactivated, by yourself or any other means [i.e. Nullifier]
      • "Surrender" causes the unit to explode, dealing 10/20/30/40% [+/- (1% HP per 2% Bonus Duration) *(% remaining duration)] + [+/- (100%) Strength] of its current health as BLAST damage to all nearby units in a 7/8/9/10 [+/- Range] meter radius.
  • This ability is a One-Handed Action, and can be cast while moving
  • This ability has a 1 second cast time, effected by Natural Talent

2. Psychic Bolts => Psychosis {50 NRG [+/- Efficiency] }:

• Nyx fires 5/6/7/8 [+/- Range] bolts that seek out the heads of enemies in your Affinity Range, lasting 4/6/8/10 [+/- Duration] seconds.
    • The bolts , prioritizing Manic (Nox), Eximus (Energy Leech), Heavy (Bombard), Other (Butcher), then the nearest enemies in range
      • Bolts do not stack onto a target. If you shoot 8 bolts at 5 enemies, 3 go to nothing.
    • Killing an afflicted unit with a head shot gives Nyx a burst of 10/15/20/25% [+/- Strength] movement speed and parkour velocity
    • The bolts travel radially and evenly from Nyx. So, if you have 6 bolts, each will shoot at 60 degrees, from its adjacent bolts.
    • Deactivates ALL auras for the duration, including Eximus effects of any faction.
    • Bolts shred 20/25/30/35% [+/- Strength, capped at 200% power strength] armor and shield
    • Head shot kills on enemies under the effects of Psychosis trigger "Surrender" at 25/50/75/100% [+/- Strength] effectiveness
  • Still Line-of-Sight, but faster missile speed at 30 m/s.
  • This ability cannot target your Puppet
  • This ability is a Two-Handed Action, and can be cast while moving
  • This ability has a 0.75 second cast time, effected by Natural Talent

3. Chaos => Chaos//Calamity {75 NRG [+/- Efficiency] }:

This ability has two parts, like Vauban's Minelayer, or Wisp's Reservoir. Press to toggle between abilities, Hold to Cast.

• BOTH effects do the following:
    • Deals 300/700/1100/1400 [+/- Strength] RADIATION Damage to all enemies hit.
    • Enemies under Psychosis spread their bolts to nearby enemies.
    • Source enemies have their Psychosis debuff refreshed, while newly effected enemies receive a new instance of Psychosis.
    • The effect radius is your Affinity Range.
    • This is a Two-Handed Ability and grounds you [like Rhino Stomp]
    • Cast Time of 0.50 seconds [Not effected by Natural Talent]
    • These abilities do not effect your Puppet BUT your Puppet gains and additional +200% tether* range, and can vacuum ALL items in 15 meters [no scaling] while either buff is active
    • The effect travels as a radial Wave at 40 m/s
  • Chaos - Enemies are cursed with Despair and have given up the fight
    • Enemies have -30/45/60/75% [no scaling] hit chance for 10/15/20/25 [+/- Duration] seconds
    • Enemies are slowed by 10/20/30/40 % [+/- Strength] for 10/15/20/25 [+/- Duration] seconds
    • Enemies killed under Despair have a 20% [no scaling] chance to drop extra loot and guarantee a credit boost of 40% [no scaling]
  • Calamity - Enemies are cursed with Deception and hate their former comrades
    • Enemies are stunned for 0.5 [no scaling] seconds and lose track of you and all allies, including your Puppet.
    • Deception causes enemies to attack each other for 100/200/300/400% [no scaling] damage for 10/15/20/25 [+/- Duration] seconds.
    • Deceived enemies gain 25/50/75/100% [+/-1% per +/-2% Strength] melee speed and fire rate over 2 [no scaling] seconds.
    • While Deceived, enemies will ignore you if you do not attack them.
      • Attacking them does not remove the debuff but it does put you on their radar of enemies.
      • Leaving their line of sight does not absolve your from their fury - practice trigger discipline if you want the magic to happen
    • Enemies under the effects of Deception will proc "Surrender" if killed by any unit at 100% [no scaling] effectiveness.

4. Absorb => Camaraderie {25 NRG + 8 NRG/sec [+/- Efficiency] }:

• While channeling, assume control of your Puppet
    • You gain access to new abilities while in your Puppet
      • Passive: nearby identical units are effected by "Submission"
        • "Submission" causes nearby identical units to fight alongside you. This buff disposes other debuffs and turns them into specters with "Surrender"
      • 1. Use Basic Ability for 100% total damage [i.e Corpus Crewman throws elbow, Heavy Gunner Punches Ground]
      • 2. Call-Out: All enemies under the effects of "Submission" fire on your target for 4/8/12/16 seconds or until the target is dead.
      • 3. After a One Second delay, sacrifice your Puppet to proc "Surrender" at 100% effectiveness.
      • 4. Instantly end the channel and return to your Warframe to proc "Surrender" at your location without killing you, and granting 2/3/4/5 seconds of invulnerability
    • You inherit the stats of your Puppet at the level it is. These stats are boosted by your mod configuration.
      • Movement speed is effected by Sprint Speed
      • Fire Rate / Reload Speed / Melee Speed is effected by Strength
      • Health, Armor, and Shield is effected by Duration
    • Your Abilities are also effected by your mod Configuration
      • Casting speed effects all abilities
      • 1. Total Damage effected by Power Strength [if unit deals 400% damage from Calamity, and you have 200% power strength, this ability deals 800% damage compared to typical units at the same level]
      • 2. Duration effects the combat timer
      • 3. Strength DOES boost "Surrender" damage, Duration DOES NOT effect cast time
      • 4. Strength DOES boost "Surrender" damage, Duration DOES effect invulnerability

And this is what I've got. I may be missing a few tid-bits here and there, so please. Let's have a discussion. Love it or hate it, let's come together to decide on something.

Edited by PotatoFamineHarbinger
Typos, Inconsistent Metrics, Poor Grammer