Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multi-Threading After New Update

Toom1275

It seems that with the new update, turning on the multi-threading now adds in about a half- to a quarter-second input delay to the mouse. Turning the feature off eliminates the delay. Both before and after the update, MT gave either a slightly positive-to-neutral effect on performance otherwise. In general, framerate is still slow either way, but the mouse is only affected with MT turned on.

With my low-end laptop, I noticed a major fps gain (so freaking cool! :D ). I have not noticed any mouse sensitivity delay like you, which is probably unique for your specific pc. Whenever I have it turned off, I run 35fps on the main screen on 800x600 resolution, but with MT I have like 75. In actual gameplay without MT, I run somewhere between 27-47, but with MT it is around 35-60 after the update (still on 800x600). It has really helped me tons! Thanks to the developers!

With my low-end laptop, I noticed a major fps gain (so freaking cool! :D ). I have not noticed any mouse sensitivity delay like you, which is probably unique for your specific pc. Whenever I have it turned off, I run 35fps on the main screen on 800x600 resolution, but with MT I have like 75. In actual gameplay without MT, I run somewhere between 27-47, but with MT it is around 35-60 after the update (still on 800x600). It has really helped me tons! Thanks to the developers!

Do you recommend any FPS counting tools so I can objectively test my performance? As I mentioned above, I only noticed either a neural or slightly positive effect on my performance before the update. It'd be nice if I could put a number to what I'm getting.

I also have a low-end machine. I run at 800x600, and have pretty much all graphics options turned down/off, even dynamic lights (which makes the dioramas 400% creepier to look at). My FPS is still noticeably low, and my melee attack speed / semiauto and burst fire rate are still nearly half of what I get on my brother's desktop. While I can get by where I'm at, at least numbers can tell me just how bad it is.