Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

These New Mods

legionprobatio

This is soo going on my nyx with max overextension. :D

135% total power increase with max stretch and overextension

90% total power efficiency with max streamline and fleeting expertise

-30% duration with max continuity and fleeting expertise (This is a positive on Nyx)

Nyx doesn't need power strength unless she wants to use psychic bolts or absorb, so that doesn't matter

PERFECT NYX LOADOUT :D

Edited by Meatuchu

Hate to break it to you, but Fleeting Expertise isn't that broken. The power efficiency is multiplied, not added, so rather than lowering cost of Ultimate by 90% (IE, costing 10 energy), it actually uses the 0.7 multiplier from Streamline and the 0.4 multiplier from Fleeting Expertise. The result is 0.28 the original cost (Ultimate cost 28 energy). Still very good, but not that broken.

just im not convinced, we need different mods, no more mods mith the same options... yes, yes 300% damage in rifle, wonderful.. but i only have 8 mod slot so, what is my point? DE you are not creating new mods, you just make useless the old mods.

(And if your answer is "if you do not like do not use them" well.. if you are in a place, and someone starts playing music you dont like, i do not think a "if you do not like do not listen" solve the problem, because you too are in that place, no?)

Hate to break it to you, but Fleeting Expertise isn't that broken. The power efficiency is multiplied, not added, so rather than lowering cost of Ultimate by 90% (IE, costing 10 energy), it actually uses the 0.7 multiplier from Streamline and the 0.4 multiplier from Fleeting Expertise. The result is 0.28 the original cost (Ultimate cost 28 energy). Still very good, but not that broken.

Well pooo. Wrench in my plans there.

Add Nyx and Loki's helmet in and you get .238. Banshees .252. 

Effectively Banshee's ult now costs the same as a 1 skill. And her sonic boom will cost 6/7. 

With Fleeting Expertise and Streamline she can CC at any time she wants no matter what.

Heck, she can add Blind rage and Focus up to 102% bonus strength. Still have 63 energy efficiency for an ult that now deals 400 damage per second for 6 seconds. Resulting in 2.4 thousand damage before armor. AND EMBER WILL BE VIABLE AGAIN. *ahem*  

I'm going crazy with the possibilities of these new mods. Just a little.... 

Unwrench those plans this instant! We've got mods to mod. Stats to mess! And ridiculous builds to build! 

Yep, checked it out on my Mag (which is IMO one of the best frames to use the mod on, due to Power Duration only affecting Bullet Attract).

Its honestly not that broken, because outside of Mag, Nova, and maybe Nekros, most other frames have huge drawbacks that would kill one of their "main skills" (Slash Dash for Excal, Roar for Rhino, for example)

Add Nyx and Loki's helmet in and you get .238. Banshees .252. 

Effectively Banshee's ult now costs the same as a 1 skill. And her sonic boom will cost 6/7. 

With Fleeting Expertise and Streamline she can CC at any time she wants no matter what.

Heck, she can add Blind rage and Focus up to 102% bonus strength. Still have 63 energy efficiency for an ult that now deals 400 damage per second for 6 seconds. Resulting in 2.4 thousand damage before armor. AND EMBER WILL BE VIABLE AGAIN. *ahem*  

I'm going crazy with the possibilities of these new mods. Just a little.... 

Except you just nerfed Banshee's best skill. Sonar is now too short, even if you can do a crap load of damage with it.

That said, you are somewhat right about Ember. With the full power of power strength (Focus + Blind Rage), you do get a very powerful Overheat (92% damage reduction). Unfortunately, to really make use of that, you'd probably have to use Fleeting Expertise to counter the efficiency drain, which screws over your duration. And to fix your duration, you have to use Narrow Minded, which screws over WoF's range. Either way, you'd have to give something up, lest you want to minimize the effect of the mods by throwing in Overextended as well (which will give you a positive on all four mods, but won't be much better than actually using the four regular mods on their own).

Except you just nerfed Banshee's best skill. Sonar is now too short, even if you can do a crap load of damage with it.

That said, you are somewhat right about Ember. With the full power of power strength (Focus + Blind Rage), you do get a very powerful Overheat (92% damage reduction). Unfortunately, to really make use of that, you'd probably have to use Fleeting Expertise to counter the efficiency drain, which screws over your duration. And to fix your duration, you have to use Narrow Minded, which screws over WoF's range. Either way, you'd have to give something up, lest you want to minimize the effect of the mods by throwing in Overextended as well (which will give you a positive on all four mods, but won't be much better than actually using the four regular mods on their own).

Isn't that pretty good ?

You have to give up something to spec something really hard.

A radial disarm setup loki, won't be able to use invisibility for all but the direst of emergencies because with fleeting expertise, he loses 60% of his invisibility duration. 

In contrast a Invisibility loki with narrow minded will have his RD and decoy nerfed beyond belief.

I like such choices.

Isn't that pretty good ?

You have to give up something to spec something really hard.

A radial disarm setup loki, won't be able to use invisibility for all but the direst of emergencies because with fleeting expertise, he loses 60% of his invisibility duration. 

In contrast a Invisibility loki with narrow minded will have his RD and decoy nerfed beyond belief.

I like such choices.

On the contrary, Loki should be using a combination of Overextended (+90% Range, -60% Strength) and Narrow Minded (+99% Duration, -66% Range), giving a total of: +99% Duration, + 24% Range for no cost since Power Strength doesn't affect Loki at all.

Throw in Constitution, Continuity, Stretch, and Streamline, and you basically have a very powerful Loki that can make the most out of his best two abilities: Invisibility and Radial Disarm. Personally, Fleeting Expertise is WASTED on Loki not only because he needs the duration for Invisibility, but also because he is already extremely energy efficient without it.

Yep, checked it out on my Mag (which is IMO one of the best frames to use the mod on, due to Power Duration only affecting Bullet Attract).

Its honestly not that broken, because outside of Mag, Nova, and maybe Nekros, most other frames have huge drawbacks that would kill one of their "main skills" (Slash Dash for Excal, Roar for Rhino, for example)

It's better on nyx because the shorter her abilities are, the more often she can cast them :D reduced duration is a straight up good thing for her. of course I'd probably add a max continuity to have her power duration at -30% rather than -60% because that might be more comfortable.

but Max Streamline and Fleeting expertise put the cost of chaos at 21 energy a drop which with stretch and overextension can cover xini in its entirety. I don't care how short the duration is :D

EDITS: Grammar sucks.

Edited by Meatuchu

This is soo going on my nyx with max overextension. :D

135% total power increase with max stretch and overextension

90% total power efficiency with max streamline and fleeting expertise

-30% duration with max continuity and fleeting expertise (This is a positive on Nyx)

Nyx doesn't need power strength unless she wants to use psychic bolts or absorb, so that doesn't matter

PERFECT NYX LOADOUT :D

why would u say -30%? don't u mean plus?

On the contrary, Loki should be using a combination of Overextended (+90% Range, -60% Strength) and Narrow Minded (+99% Duration, -66% Range), giving a total of: +99% Duration, + 24% Range for no cost since Power Strength doesn't affect Loki at all.

Throw in Constitution, Continuity, Stretch, and Streamline, and you basically have a very powerful Loki that can make the most out of his best two abilities: Invisibility and Radial Disarm. Personally, Fleeting Expertise is WASTED on Loki not only because he needs the duration for Invisibility, but also because he is already extremely energy efficient without it.

Again it depends on what you want.

A radial disarm loki will want to max out his Fleeting Expertise and Overextended. 

Because it is incredibly cheap to use on energy cost.

And a 44m radius knock down on all ranged Grineer and Corpus at 25 energy is ridiculously fun :p

Edited by fatpig84

Again it depends on what you want.

A radial disarm loki will want to max out his Fleeting Expertise and Overextended. 

Because it is incredibly cheap to use on energy cost.

And a 44m radius knock down on all ranged Grineer and Corpus at 25 energy is ridiculously fun :p

Except its more or less a one time cost. Thats the reason why I think the energy reduction isn't needed for a one-time skill.

It's better on nyx because the shorter her abilities are, the more often she can cast them :D reduced duration is a straight up good thing for her. of course I'd probably add a max continuity to have her power duration at -30% rather than -60% because that might be more comfortable.

but Max Streamline and Fleeting expertise put the cost of chaos at 21 energy a drop which with stretch and overextension can cover xini in its entirety. I don't care how short the duration is :D

EDITS: Grammar sucks.

Duly noted. Yeah, I was actually considering the same thing for Nyx (less time = more flexible recast for Chaos). And since energy efficiency scales to the same extent as duration, you are basically being just as energy efficient. Just a bit annoying how often you need to recast, though that's EASILY fixed with a single continuity, like you said.

Edited by Blazer-X

why would u say -30%? don't u mean plus?

A max fleeting expertise would reduce my duration by 60%, and a max continuity would increase by 30, leaving my overall duration at -30%. Which explained above is good for my nyx's mass chaos build.

Edited by Meatuchu

You can counteract Blind Rage with streamline. And have an 84%(with focus too) boost to Overheat without sacrificing any efficiency. Netting you roughly 74% damage reduction. 

With a maxed flow and 90% power efficiency or more, you can use a warframe's ult 18 times without picking up a single energy orb. This is really broken and I suggest you do something about it. Just wanted to bring this to DE's attention

it caps the power effeciency at like 75% so even if you have 90% efficiency your ult will still cost 25

You can counteract Blind Rage with streamline. And have an 84%(with focus too) boost to Overheat without sacrificing any efficiency. Netting you roughly 74% damage reduction. 

That's very true. I'll admit, I'm too used to using the "max level" for mods due to all the old mods being purely positive. Did not think too much to play with the numbers to get something more out of these mods.

That's very true. I'll admit, I'm too used to using the "max level" for mods due to all the old mods being purely positive. Did not think too much to play with the numbers to get something more out of these mods.

You can start making specialized builds with them as well. 

Vortex is only affected by duration mods. 

So you slap on all three, And get thirty second vortexes with no drawbacks. 

Or a 25 second one with Fleeting Expertise and Streamline for 25 energy(I've heard there is an efficiency cap of 75%) so you'd go one rank short on expertise for best effect.  

Effectively you get 450 seconds of vortex from full energy. 7.5 minutes worth of enemy stopping power. 

Before energy siphon.