Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx rework idea - (scaling tweaks, new 4, no need for new assets)

Dzoru

Assuming Nyx's power strength is 100%.

Passive : remains unchanged, 

Ability 1 : Mind Control - ally damage output scales with power strength

Rough calculation :             400             +     enemy damage    *     150%

(200* ((str/100)+1))                                  (100+(str/2))

Reasoning : you want your ally to deal much more damage for it to be even viable, (ex : on  an enemy that deals 50 damage, with max 237% power strength it can now deal 2306 dps. Sounds broken but a lvl 100 heavy gunner has an ehp of 700k lol). So in theory, your ally should be good enough of a help but not to the level of afk.

Possible issue : I used both additive and multiplicative bonus so that it will do well regardless of the enemy attack speed but I'm pretty sure with that formula, enemies with auto weapons are gonna be broken so feel free to provide a better formula lol.

Ability 2 : Psychic bolts - remains unchanged, stripping defenses with a single button is good enough

Ability 3 : Chaos - same scaling as ability 1 but does not apply to the tenno

Ability 4 : Absorb Mind over Matter

Description : release an AOE (reuse the same animation but make it brief) that deals no damage, but the entire squad gets a damage buff against the enemy types caught in the AOE.  (example : casting 4 on a group of 1 ancient healer, 1 corpus heavy and 2 bombards will yield a bonus of 50% extra damage against ancient healer and corpus heavy as well as 75% extra damage against bombards(50% * 50%)). Not stackable. Energy cost should be higher I suppose, maybe 50 or 75.

Rough calculation : 50% *      1      and multiplies per each same enemy type

(str/100)

Reasoning : Absorb does not line up with Nyx's psychic/chaos theme and goes against her 1 and 3 imo. It also makes you a sitting duck since all you do is wait for the enemy to attack you without being able to do anything else. This new ability should be more appropriate imo since psychics technically reads the minds of their opponents and are able to figure out their weaknesses. So I thought might as well translate that into a simple damage buff. At 237% power strength, the bonus damage per enemy type is 118.5% which is reasonable enough for an ult.

Thanks for reading, feedback is welcomed.

• Like 3

The core issue with Nyx's Mind Control and Chaos is the poor enemy AI. They attack slowly, unenthusiastically and the Mind Controlled enemy is worse than a Spectre. You can't command it and it doesn't follow you properly.

Furthermore, if you control a good enemy, like a Bombard, you have to find another once this one's duration is over and it dies. I'd like to see a option to recast the ability to refresh the duration on the affected enemy and hold the ability to release the enemy.

Raising the damage enemies do is another matter, already addressed by the new Radiation procs, so Chaos can do the same, but with higher efficiency, otherwise it's outclassed by Oberon and Loki.

Psychic Bolts suffers from poor target choices and general targeting as multiple bolts can hit the same target and they often ignore beefier enemies and go for the fodder instead.

• Like 2