Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Image speaks for itself

-CM-GoodDodge

3uo1jf.jpg

Literately the only Good Things Nekros and Nyx have, is Nekros' 3rd (No one can complain, besides as an Abysmal source of Health.), and Nyx's 2nd (Because the Armor Strip and Augment is Decent, like I love Nyx, but she is terrible.) Those are the only two things they have going for them.

Nyx's 4th (And Augment for it); Redundant, Octavia's 1st pulls it off without putting the user of the ability at risk. Nekros' 4th, Redundant; Rev's 1st just does it better, with the same 7 AI cap too.

And I could go On and On. Also the Synergy of all Rev's abilities with each other, just, My God, out of this World. I know he was created after Nyx and Nekros, but that's why I'm pointing this out, They need a Rework, they need to be brought up to this level of awesome, because right now they'e lacking.

Edit:
Adding something from a Sticky note I haven't added to in awhile; a List of Warframe Complaints, these are the ones that include Nekros.
6: Friendly Nekros Nullifer Fields Bounces your Bullets off of them.
7: Friendly Nekros Artic Eximus Bubbles also stops your bullets.

Edited by -CM-Killer-931
added more.
  • Like 10

Just now, CobraCommanderPrime said:

desecrate tho....

i dont use nekros shadows as they annoy me to no end.

Yes, but it is Literately, only Thing Going for him. Creeping Terrify? Nova does it Better as a Base ability, so does Vauban with his 4th in Either form as a Base Ability. ;~;

• Like 4

Yeah, and then you include the rest of their kits and Revenant just stomps them, aside from Necros having "the loot" ability. He can tank, he can deal damage, he can sustain himself and allies to some extent and he also has good CC lmao.

I think devs simply don't know how to rework Nyx properly while still retaining the idea behind her design. Everyone is just asking for DR on her. While in reality, you can tell that devs want her to be an elusive damage dealer with CC and debuffs:

• Her 1 is centered around boosting the DAMAGE of the goon you control. And having that goon draw aggro from you.
  • Her 2 is about debuffing enemies in order to deal more damage to them.
  • Her 3 is EVERYONE DAMAGING EVERYONE while Nyx can stand back and basically get a passive evade.
  • Her 4 gives you a damage buff after it ends.
    • I think in DEs mind it should work like a short invulnerability window when you/your allies get caught by enemies and are in critical condition. You draw enemy fire and redirect it back at them, being able to escape while also damaging the enemy. The "walking 4" augment to me is DE giving up on that idea and going "just give the players what they think they want, whatever" kind of deal.

To work properly Nyx simply needs better numbers on her abilities. I remember writing up a rework idea in one the posts about her, but in short it came down to basically buffing enemy damage against each other - imagine if EVERY enemy dealt 1000% damage to their allies while affected by Chaos. And Bolts didn't reset when you recast them, but instead just had weaker debuff when used on the second set of targets. Mind Control could buff enemy damage and speed throughout the duration, not during the short window after cast. And 4 just needs some faster animations and longer damage buff duration. Her kit IS good, but once again no one cared enough to give it the right numbers and depth.

As for Nekros - sheesh, I don't even know. His Soul Punch always felt so "meh" to me. I never used it, even when he just came out and game wasn't as power-creeped as it is now. I pretty much never use Terrify because I'd rather have enemies close to me - my shadows can draw aggro and help me tank anyway.

12 hours ago, CobraCommanderPrime said:

desecrate tho....

i dont use nekros shadows as they annoy me to no end.

You know I don't use? Soul Punch 1st ability for absolutely useless!  I only do this for the meme and joke and trolling. If you dare ask "How deep trolling you use nekros's 1st ability?" you see here if you remember PoE about either capture mission?  Does anyone remember about rhino's bug issues about when he use his 1 ability that charge attack?  Now imagine that was Nekro except for I can spam the heck out this ability and has huge range and energy efficient to push 1 capture target off the map.  Yea DE didn't fix that at all.  Sorry nekros but your 1 ability is lame ability and sort of way it is disrespect how they never change it at all.  I stop using it and forgot report this to the dev ehhh I think the time when we got infestation of ghouls on it's 1st event about it.

Nyx I sometime use all her ability but I don't really play her too much because of sorry to say a glass cannon for she is useful but the same time it can backfired as hell if everyone know how to play their cards right for she is type of "a chaotic gambler keep the wheel rolling type gal" which risk it for the sake of insanity.  I like her and same time don't like her because of not because she glass cannon it just that I just don't feel it as in it doesn't feel like she fit in like a glove.

12 hours ago, -CM-Killer-931 said:

Yes, but it is Literately, only Thing Going for him. Creeping Terrify? Nova does it Better as a Base ability, so does Vauban with his 4th in Either form as a Base Ability. ;~;

I use the Terrify ability when my best dmg dealer comrades is down or either some frame is down and need to get back up.  it isn't creepy once you use lighting color that look pretty but if you go for emo and red color like stalker color then yes it can be creepy.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

I mean...you couldn’t be more wrong.

Nekros at least has Desecrate which when modded first provides health, tanking, and extra loot.

Nyx’s entire kit is bad you do have that right.

Enthrall is easily one of the worst abilities in the game. It’s whole purpose is to be used as an anchor for synergies, but the fact that it can be killed by squadmates makes it absolutely worthless. And while yes there is a lot of synergies. That doesn’t make a frame good. As many of them are anti-synergies that make the abilities conflict with each other. Revenants just an absolute mess of a frame that’s not worth the time of day. And to say his worst ability is better than the whole of Nekros is insane.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

Then you realize that Enthrall is actually kinda bad, and Revenant is a mediocre frame outside of some meme applications, and only at that point does it finally hit you just how bad Nyx is. At least Nekros can be lootframe and get real tanky, becoming a sort of ghetto Inaros that farts loot and health orbs everywhere. Nyx doesn't even have a niche.

Nyx is debatable by preferences, but Nekros absolutely has atleast 3/4 useful Abilities and probably 4/4. you should take a closer look.

(also Mesmer Skin is literally the only reason why Revenant is ever relevant, at all. all of his other Abilities serve no purpose.)

Edited by taiiat

Revenant's got doodoo synergies, some of them just being straight up questionable as to why they were added. Mesmer skin is okay but in comparison to other DR's in most missions its worse, 3 is okay but the problem is 1 being bad and his 4 is a decent clearing ability but cost an absurd amount compared to other nukers, which doesn't allow you to invest hard into damage for it.

Every time I have ever said that nekros is bad I have been shouted down for it.  His 3 is great for farming and survival.  His 1 is downright awful and the augment is gimmicky at best.  Yes his 2 has an armor strip if you build for it, but power strength doesn't really help him do the thing everyone uses nekros for, which is farming and survival and it's easily replaced by a number of other armor strip options, including the fact that one of the very few enemy nerfs DE has ever put out was lowering enemy armor recently, so it's even less of an issue.  His 4 provides a meat shield and helps with some situational DR with the augment (because good luck keeping them all within range without constant recasting unless you're camping.) so that he can actually survive to keep desecrating things, but it comes with so many other issues.  It confuses allies, it doesn't play well with Oberon, it clogs up an already very visually noisy battlefield, and even with maxed out power strength, the shadows do so little damage to enemies (due to the fact that enemies naturally have lower damage and very high EHP) that 7 shadows can't take down 1 enemy of the same type and level with any form of reasonable speed.  Long ago I tested several higher level shadows vs a much lower level single enemy of the same type in the simulacrum and they STILL couldn't kill it quickly in a 7 on 1 fight with level advantage.  

Built correctly he can provide a moderate amount of survivability to himself and his squad and he can get more loot and life support and that's pretty much it.  Other than extra drops nearly any support frame outclasses him by a mile, but they'll never rework him without screwing up his desecrate in the process.

Meanwhile, Wisp has:  Point defense CC that's also a squad-wide personal area CC, squad-wide extra health WITH healing, squad-wide movement and attack speed buffs, and that's just her 1.  You can literally only use her 1 and she's a top-tier support frame.  She has combat effective stealth with her passive and her 2, hard area CC that's also really solid spike damage with her 3, and a kind of mediocre but still fairly strong DPS ability with her 4.  When her 4, which is totally usable and strong enough to clear an Axi fissure no issues is her weakest skill, you know you have a solid frame.

The sad part is that they'll probably nerf Wisp looong before they buff Nekros or Nyx.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Every time I have ever said that nekros is bad I have been shouted down for it.  His 3 is great for farming and survival.  His 1 is downright awful and the augment is gimmicky at best.

His augmented Soul Punch is a fantastic thing when set up correctly. In my build for Despoil, I ignore max energy and run with Equilibrium. Because of this, I also run with the Soul Survivor augment, to waste what little energy I carry anyways on instantly reviving people. They may get up with little health due to Overextended killing my strength, but the abundance of health orbs still around + Arcane Pulse and the fact that for S#&$s and giggles I threw on both Energy and Armor Conversion on, those energy orbs I pick up do give me a bonus to Strength for the first immediate revive.

The energy in my Nekros goes from empty to full and back very often and pretty quickly, going into either Shadows or Soul Punch revives, and it can keep me going for a very long time.

• Like 1

Nekros is in that same position as Chroma, a clunky kit that requires way too much effort to make work and is pretty much only used for one gimmick and because of the overwhelming power of that one gimmick people fly into a rage any time he is insulted or questioned.

He might not be the worst frame in the game true, but really other than being a lootbot he doesn't have a lot of utility, another frame that is in a similar situation is Hydroid who is also used as an option for bonus loot long before he's used for any of his other abilities (seriously what is Hydroid's kit supposed to do?).

If Nekros didn't have Desecrate most people wouldn't even remember he exists, he'd be like Vauban before his rework, outdated and clunky with no real benefit or reason to bring him to a mission, and that is a sad talk that many people don't want to have out of fear of his lootbot ability getting nerfed or removed.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-31 at 7:12 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nekros at least has Desecrate which when modded first provides health, tanking, and extra loot.

Enthrall is easily one of the worst abilities in the game. It’s whole purpose is to be used as an anchor for synergies, but the fact that it can be killed by squadmates makes it absolutely worthless. And while yes there is a lot of synergies. That doesn’t make a frame good. As many of them are anti-synergies that make the abilities conflict with each other. Revenants just an absolute mess of a frame that’s not worth the time of day. And to say his worst ability is better than the whole of Nekros is insane.

Ah you changed your glyph , didnt recognize you for a second , was wondering when you would show up as revenant was mentioned.

As to the main topic ,

Nekros is actually quite versatile , he is just a victim of his own success as "the loot frame" there are quite a few builds where he is pretty good paired with suitable augments (CC/Tank / support) sure not going to out CC vauban/ limbo or out tank inaros or out support octavia but he has his place and doesnt really need much changes as a frame.

Nyx on the other hand is, not quite sure what at the moment ,cant even meme it well enough she does need multiple things mostly mechanical (and the stats to match) her 1 is lackluster and the augment is just mutiplying the poor scaling of AI damage vs other AI and the aggro is so touch and go at times i dont even know if it works.

her 2 is decent enough

her 3 is just weak , my prisma gorgon with the augment can provide the same results (AOE Radiation proc)

her 4 ws once meme worthy but its just so ... clunky for a frame that needs mobility to survive most of the time.

Her 4 is what needs a complete overhaul similar to the way embers 4 got the overhaul , i will shed no tears if it goes.

Something closer to zephyrs turbulence paired with mesas shatter shield where all incoming range damage is captured by floating psychic balls of some sort (imagine appearance of garas splinter storm/ novas null star ) and can be refocused elsewhere.

come to think of it i am asking for a ranged only mesmer skin for nyx 4.

• Like 1

Nyx is more of a lazy frame. Immortal CC with almost no effort. 

She can be tweaked to make her better tho. Simply allow her 1 to be cast on 10+ enemies, and make it so enemies affected by her abilities switch over to faction damaging elements like what rave boi's 4 can do. 

She can be made even more fun by maybe giving enemies under control of her first ability movement and speed and animation speed buffs the more damage they take, who self destruct in an elemental explosion when they die. Give her 4 a tweak by allowing her to move normally at first, but the more damage her bubble takes the larger it expands and the slower she gets, to a certain point and then she stops, when turning her ability off causing an elemental explosion hitting all enemies inside and at a certain distance away. Her 4 augment allowing her bubble to get smaller and smaller the more it gets hit, but she gets movement and attack speed boosts the smaller her bubble gets, with turning it off causing a massive blind or sucking everything within a large distance to her quickly, suffering impact damage and stun when they collide, or just causing a chaos effect and stun or something. 

Nekros is equally easy to fix. Allow his 1 to chain kinda like nezha's wheel does for speared enemies, only this as a LoS 60 degree angle pinball ragdoll sort of thing, and allow it to resurrect allies as part of the base skill, with its aug maybe disarming them or dropping ammo or some sht. Terrify would be far more useful if the enemies collapsed from terror instead of fled in terror, and his 4 would be awesome if the shadows used elements that enemies were weak to. 

On 2020-04-01 at 6:48 AM, (XB1)LordZonut said:

Revenant's got doodoo synergies, some of them just being straight up questionable as to why they were added. Mesmer skin is okay but in comparison to other DR's in most missions its worse, 3 is okay but the problem is 1 being bad and his 4 is a decent clearing ability but cost an absurd amount compared to other nukers, which doesn't allow you to invest hard into damage for it.

With the shield gate his synergies and the passive actually became atleast useful. You now have a free AoE knockdown and still plenty of time to rebuff mesmer skin, while also being able to provide overshields.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-31 at 6:42 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It doesn't help that Rev's synergies don't really make sense for Revenant, or really even help him much at all.

What's the point of regenerating a point of Mesmer per Thrall if you can just recast it for less cost? Why would you waste time getting Overshields with Revenant when Mesmer is all you need to completely negate all forms of damage? How is a tiny pillar of AoE damage going to help your giant death disco ball do anything, especially when you instantly blow it up?

Maybe if they nerf Mesmer skin we'll actually get a good set of abilities. Hopefully DE gives him a real look, as he honestly feels like Titania with the whole "look before function" ideology.

• Like 1