Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bunch of Frame Concepts I had lying around

Imothec-the-Harbinger

Greetings Tenno,

With all the Time I have in self-isolation due to the Corona-outbrake I thought I could clear out my fan concept folder and share its contents with you. Though I haven't participated in the comunity pick for the new Frame, I thought some of this might come in handy when we get to propose ability Ideas.So without further ado, here is my Legion of unseen:

1.Albion "This is Albion, the Warlord, the Destroyer of Worlds"-Lotus

Spoiler

Concept: This is my take on the "Dark-Lord" trope. Albion would be a bulkie Warrior with an armor like appearance, possibly with some decorative blades or spikes. Think of him as a dark mix between Oberon and Atlas design whise (perhaps with a tiny splash of Necros), and Oberon and Excalibur gameplay wise. At the core of his design would be a heavy, one handed mace.

Passive: Here I have two ideas and I can't decide which one to pick:

• Abandon all hope: When ever Albion kills an enemy he has a certain chance to send other enemies in the vicinity running away in fear, similar to Nekros terify ability, but on a smaler scale and for a shorter periode of time.
  • Soul drain: Albion would have a unique finishing anaimation where he would lift enemies with his left hand and squeeze energy out of them repleneshing his own energy pool.

Ability1: Bash: Albion points his mace at an enemie and launches it like a projectile, keeping it connected to the handle via a dark chain. To keep the projectile flying you would have to channel the ability, this would enable you to call the ball back earlie if you miss. When the mace head hits an enemy it will stagger him, deal realtively low damge but heal albion for a percentage of dealt damage. An possible augment could be Siphon, which would allow you to keep channeling after hitting an enemy for continued health regerneration. During the entire Ability Albion is unable to move.

Ability2: Worldbreaker: Albion  hits the ground with his mace and channels dark energy through it, therby creating continouse shockwaves around him to knock enemies back and deal mid. damage to them.

Ability3: Armageddon: Albion raises his mace and releases seeking bolts of darkness, similar to the energy projektiles of Revanents signature Nikana Tatsu. This is again a channeld ability and the longer you keep it active the more damaging and numoruse the projectiles you create.

Ability4: Warlords Onslaught: An exalted Weapon mode during which albion pulls out his mace and crushes his enemies. He would be slowed down, like chroma while his dragon breath is active, but he would also be protected by an defensive aura and any strike should open up regular enmies for finishers making it basicly a tanky combination of excaliburs exalted blade (minus the projektiles) and Ashes Bladestorm.

Signature Weapon: Noctis: A tenno forged Glaive that unlike other Glaive weapons flies in a straight line when thrown and imideatly returns. causes an energy explosion if it hits an enemie. The radius of the explosion is bigger when used by Albion.

2.Athena "This is Athena, the mistress of war, the wise shadow"-Lotus

Spoiler

Concept: since I feel warframe could use a few more stealth frame I present to you Athena, a special ops. themed Frame. Her design should be based on rather slick simple designes like Nyx, Valkyr and Mag, featuring a few details like a grenade belt strapped across her chest etc. Her default helmet should defentliy have three round glowing lights to give her this night-vision goggle look.

Passive: Signal supression: By hacking consoles while the enemy is not alarmed she can apply signal supression to prevent alarms beeing triggerd for a certain amount of time. she should also be able to hack faster (give her puzzles slightly easier than those mandatory for the current level).

Ability1: Remote hack: Athena is capable of instantly hacking a console she is aiming at for a certain energy cost. this would also apply to life support canisters  in survival mode for reduced cost and maybe by using it in defense mode she could give the target an overshield or release an electric pulse to paralyse targets in the vicinity.

Ability2: Grenade Belt: Athena utilizes a grenade belt with an arsenal of different grenades accin to Vaubans tools or Ivararas quiver.

• Frag: explodes and sprays the vicinity with shrapnels which deal slash damage and apply bleeding procs.
  • Smoke: creates a smokescreen which makes tenno inside invisible.
  • E.M.P. : explodes in an enegy wave that deals mag. damage and applys magnetic procs.
  • Flashbang: emits a blinding light similar to Excaliburs radial blind to open enemies up for finishers.

Ability3: Active camouflage: Athena can use a holografic disguise which will make her blend in with the enemie: when activated she takes on the apperance of eitehr a crew man, a Grineer soldier, an infested runner or a tower guardian, depending on the target of the abilty. Every enemy of the same faction will treat her like an ally while the abilty is active. The power consumption would be lower than most other stealth ablities and as long as she has energy there is no limit concerning the duration. She can jump and sprint while camo is active, but everything else (exept hacking consoles and using her 4th Abilty) will brake her cover. While she is disguised security systems will not recognise her.

Ability4: T.N.C. Athena is capable of placing Tactical Nuclear Charges which she can place on the ground by pressing 4 and detonate by holding it. she can have multiple charges active at the same time. When detonated the charge will deal very high true damage in an 1 Meter radius and tremendouse explsoion/radiation damage.

Signature Weapon: Tengu: A Tenno style auto rifle with high firerrate. Its alt fire is an underbarrel grenade launcher. When used by Athena the weapons primary fire is silenced.

3.Krieg"This is Krieg,the Warmachine, the ultimate weapon"-Lotus

Spoiler

Concept: Krieg is a power house and the very definition of a tank. He should be atleast as tall as Atlas but have a bulkier, heavyer armored, look to him. my Idea was using Archwing-parts during his construction, just like chroma uses parts of other frames and I want his exterior to reflect this. Design whise it would be pretty hard to do this while still making him look like an warframe but since they did something similar with Grendel and Nidus I think its possible. It would probably be best to go for sort of a Gauss vibe here. Gameplay wise he should be the slowest frame by now ( I would put him at 0.8, slightly slower than Atlas).

Passive: Core Overcharge: whenever Krieg utilizes an Abilty he generates stacks of Core Overcharge. When the stacks reach the maximum his next ability will be overcharged to increase  its effect, while draining all stacks.

Ability1: Warhead: Krieg fires an remote controled rocket similar to Elytrons Bloomer

>Overcharge: enhances the damage and explosion radius of the projektile

Ability2: Shield-charger: Krieg begins to charge up his shield. During the abilities use he would be locked in place and unable to move or perform any sort of action but incomming damage would be reduced possibly even to zero while his shield slowly regenerates (stackable with shield recharge). He could overload his shield to grant him an temporal overshield.

>Overcharge: When the skill is aborted (either by choice or when the overshield cap is hit) Krieg releases an Electric pulse that deals shock-damage.

Ability3: Destructive storm: Krieg fires an barrage of missles similar to Odontas seeking fire.

>Overcharge: the barrage fires a greater number of faster missles

Ability4: Warmachine: Krieg switches to assault mode. In this exalted mode he moves much slower, most movement abilities are disabled and his primary weapon is replaced by two wrist mounted low rate of fire high damage machine-guns with two weaker, shoulder mounted SMG turrets.

>Overcharge: Releases an magnetic-damage pulse, with an increased chance to inflict magnetic proc. when Warmachine is activated.

Signature Weapon: Delytron: A heavy weapon like primary weapon that fires three continouse beams revolving around each other. the alt fire causes the weapon to combine the beams into one larger beam whith a higher firerate, therfore dealing more damage and consuming more ammo in a shorter amount of time. When used by Krieg the magazine size is increased

4.Lucia"This is Lucia,the Radiant, the light in the dark"-Lotus

Spoiler

Concept: Yeah I know another speedster but I thought of her before Gauss came out and since she is a bit tankier than Guass and Volt I thought I include her anyway. Design whise she shoulde utilze glowing neon stripes and prismatic crystals integrated into her armor. Speed wise I think she should be somewhere beteween Loki and Gauss. Her energy color should be alternating slightly so that when black is chosen as energy color she would just circle through different colors or her default color should have the special perk of changing.

Passive: Spectral armor: sliding and bullet-jumping grants an invincabilty state while glowing in energy color.

Ability1: Neon Blast: Lucia fires a charged laser blast comparable to the opticor with the abilty to be fired at one of three consecutive charge levels.

Ability2: Radiant Aura: Lucia shines brightly which makes it harder for enemies to hit her with a chance to stagger enemies in melee range.

Ability3: Light speed: Massive speedbuff, when sprinting while light speed is active Lucia will leave a wall of light behind that enemies can neither cross nor shoot through. However they will attack the barrier if it blocks them and will eventaually destroy it . Also there should only be a certain lenth of barrier that she can deploy at a given time.

Ability4: Enlightenment: An exalted state during which Lucia hovers slightly over the ground. she gets a small speed boost, and the range and speed of her dash/roll is greatly extended. The prisms built into her armor start hovering behind her and are used as weapons: they fire high speed laser projectiles for primary fire and can charge a devestating blast for alt fire.

Signature Weapon: Lumios: A continouse beam rifle that deploys a prism through its secondary fire, similar to the Zeniths-scaner. When the beam is aimed at the prism it is split dealing damage in an area around it. When wielded by Lucia up to 3 Prisms can be active at a time.

5.Morpheus"This is Morpheus, the dreamer, the conduit"-Lotus

-Warning, this frame-concept contains minor spoilers concerning The Second Dream,The War Within and The Sacrifice.-

Spoiler

Concept: So this is really a special one. The Idea is basically a transference themed frame or rathera void-power themed frame. Maybe his backstory could be  that he was forged from an assistant of Margulis or an up till now unmentioned adult survivor of the Zariman accident (maybe even unkown to the Tenno). His design should reflect the fact that he is an rather old frame by bearing stronger reamblance to the other prime frames and I would love some ripcage like structures through which the void energy inside could be seen. However since I don't think DE would like to create a frame exclusively for the endgame players maybe they could introduce a basic version of him that could be dropped by a new boss on the moon or the Kuva fortress 
(or bought in store) and an umbra version obtained through a quest. 

Passive: Enhanced Transferens: again, something special. Morpheus modifies his abilities based on the active Tenno-school*:

• Madurai: Adds fire damage to abilities
  • Vazarin: enhaces shield regeneration when hitting an enemy
  • Naramon: Adds blinding effect to abilities
  • Unairu: Adds petrification to abilities
  • Zenurik: returns a certain percentage of used energy on hit

Ability1: Void Lance: Morpheus fires an longrange beam similar to the opperator when no Amp is equipped**. gameplay whise it would work similar to Chromas breath ability but long range and with pinpoint accuracy, making it hard to hit (or rather more likely that you will waste energy while aiming).

Ability2: Void sprint: Linear dash forward similar to the oprators dash, dealing low damage and staggering all enemies the frame passes through.

Ability3: Void barrage: release a barrage of enemy seeking projektiles

Ability4: Power Unleashed: The Frame hovers in the air, similar to the operator during transcendence and releases continouse energy waves dealing mid to high damage.

Signature Weapon: Venilia Key: A void Key not unlike the one wielded by Vor, but instead of coninouse beams it shoots charged shots similar to the opticor. charges faster when used by Morpheus.

*If the the frame should be bought before the second dream he would have no passive or maybe even a negative one weakening him.

**The base frame should of course not be able to deal void damage with his abilities but the umbra maybe could. 

6.Newton"This is Newton, the master of force, the architect of reality."-Lotus

Spoiler

Concept: This frame is based on bending and influencing gravity. I would iamgine a Neo like apperance since i drew a lot of inspiration from matrix.

Passive: Gravity Bending: Norally when Newton would be knocked down or knocked back, he instead gently glides backwords enabling him to shoot enemies in the process. he should also have unique rolling animations during which he is able to fire. Improved accuracy in mid air.

Ability1: Force Punch: Newton performs an one-inch punch to create an invisible projectile that is only recognisable as a moving dent in space. the projectile deals impact damage and knocks the target back. The initial punch can also hit a target for aditional damage but would be hard to land.

Ability2: Vortex: Newton raises his hand and creates a gravity vortex in his palm which sucks in all projektiles in a conic field in front of him. When the ability is canceled or Newton runs out of energy the vortex is shot as a projektile, dealing damage based on the absorbed enemie fire.

Ability3: Hailstorm: Newton turns all pic-ups in the vicinity into projectiles dealing damage based on their nature.(physical for amunition, elemental for the others)

Ability4: Force Drain*: Newton creates a spherec energiefield around him. the field is atached to him and will drain kinetic energy of everything inside it, slowing enemies when they enter it and making bullets freeze in mid air. He absorbs all kinetic energy he siphons of and while he is unable to shoot himself, his meele damage is boosted based on the absorbed energy.

Signature Weapon: Gravitas: A staticor like weapon that instead of charged energy procetiles creates cone shaped force impulses, capable of pushing targets away. when used by Newton the weapon causes knock down when completly charged.

*Open for alternatives here, couldn't really think of a nice one.

I hope you found those entertaining and I am eager to hereyour feedback. Till then, stay safe Tenno...

Edited by Imothec-the-Harbinger
Added Signature Weapons