Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Octavia Bugged?

Irkedibis

So if I'm correct,

Octavia's mallet is supposed to take damage and increase its damage in return. This works

Octavia's resonator is supposed to attract enemies while dealing a tiny bit of damage. This works

So, combine them together and the effects should combine as well, right? This USED to work. Instead when combined, the resonator overrides the mallet's abilities, rendering the mallet useless. Grineer and Corpus shoot the combined mallet and resonator with their endless supply of bullets, yet the damage never increases.

Was this purposely changed in an update? I haven't seen anything in the patch notes, but I'm human: I might've missed it. Nonetheless, my Octavia is less powerful than she used to be, and it makes me sad.

I've been seeing this too. Used to see damage in the 1000s, now it barely breaks double digits.

So i ran a few ESO missions, with my seed starting in that almost circular tower room which was perfect for letting things just shoot the mallet in the middle.

I ran the tests by:

• Dropping a Mallet by itself.
  • Dropping a mallet and then after a bit of damage buildup dropping a resonator.
  • Dropping a mallet and immediately dropping a resonator.
  • Repeating the above 3 with Amp.

As Irkedibis stated, alone the Mallet works as intended and damage scales perfectly fine with the solo mallet. However, once a resonator is applied damage stops scaling, or in the case of immediate combos, no damage scaling occurs at all.

I also ran further into ESO to see if it differed with higher levels/different enemies, and while armor has an impact on damage, resonator still broke the mallet regardless.

Edited by Liscio24
Testing Update
  • Like 1