Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea of more mission types

(PSN)BabyBoi6769

I've heard some try hards lately wish the game had more diverse or engaging mission types.  What I want to ask the try hards are what exactly do you want?  Here's our current structure:

• Spoiler

Spy: Run in, take 3 data poiants, and leave.  Fairly simple depending on your knowledge of the game.  New players may see this as an early challenge.  Veteran players do this is maybe 2 minutes.  I've been playing for 6 years and the Jupiter spy missions threw me for a loop.  I like changes like in the game.  If DE can keep that kind of freshness with spy missions then I think we'll be fine.  How this can be fixed?  I would add a progress meter for data extraction and develop a complete map for each faction that takes you through the well dig military bases of grineer and not their manufacturing hubs and ships. Assualting large corpus facilities that have a vertical emphasis and have alternating pathways depending on the planet.  If they take what they did with Jupiter and further expand on it then that would be okay.  A spy mission for sentients would be great. A spy mission for infested would be an all or nothing scenario.  You cannot be detected.  At all.  If you do, the hive mind in that tileset will flood the area with Infested swarming you and forcing Ordis and Sy to work together to get you out by blasting the area with artillery.  You automatically fail the mission here.  You may say, will loki and ivara will be used.  Nah, the infested have a new spore poison in the air that randomly cuts your energy and ability usage and makes the infested part of your warframe...revolt against you. Go from there.Lastly, the orokin missions can be so much more. We have an idea of how the Orokin security works.  What if we had to fight off light constructs of Dax soldiers while infiltrating the derelicts.  

• Spoiler

Exterminate: Given a number of enemies, kill them all.  Let's add an element to this.  Ever now and then you'll get a prompt to interrogate a random Grineer.  You then are given a set of actions to take.  Spare, torture, etc. This will then kick off an in mission bounty.  Go to this specific enemy and kill him and that will start a massive alert in the mission.  The enemies swarm your position.  The interrogation mechanic won't kick off every time.  It's random.  A special reward for killing the bounty enemy quickly should be catalyst or reactor that's a guaranteed drop.  

• Spoiler

Survival: Go 5 minutes or not.  DE needs to add some type of miniboss at random intervals and while that miniboss is present, enemies get a buff making them harder to kill.  No invulnerability phases.  No bullet sponge. Just a multi-phase boss battle.  Each faction has a enemy that can fill this role.  Just make a few of them for each faction and go from there.  Therefore, these videos of  1 hour survivals will be interesting when the miniboss shows up and starts wrecking people. Also if the boss knocks you out, you're done with the mission.  You keep your rewards so far.  

• Spoiler

Defense/Mobile Defense: I think mobile defense is easy to fix.  Make it so that one person has to do a complex set of hacks to get the data while the other 3 protect them.  For defense mission after every 10 waves, the railjack arrives to beam up the capsule or person of interest.  Then you're taken to another different environment that matches the faction to keep it fresh.  Every 20th round, an enemy arrives to destroy stuff.  The enemy will prioritize the capsule.  If you happen to be in the way, they'll just throw you away.  Tyl Regor would be happy to see this I'm sure. 

• Spoiler

Assassinate:  Kill this 1 target.  A multi-phase mission would be great.  More complex mechanics.  Or simply turn this into a legit bounty system where you are taking out known betrayers, killers and all around bad people for the factions that have actual people in them.  Sentient and infested would need more thinking.  Or how about killing more than 1 target that then leads to the bigger or main target?

• Spoiler

The archwing missions need to be completely different from what I just listed.  The dog fight mission with the grineer ship is a good start. 

• Spoiler

Railjack just need to keep evolving.  It's a bit too new for me to say what needs fixing.  I myself haven't done a lot of missions yet.  

• Spoiler

Interception:  Not really sure how to change this.  I would personally like to add a match-make system for this.  It's hard to do this mission solo especially at higher levels. I guess a room rotation would work here.  

• Spoiler

Rescue:  Again matchmake this mission. One person from the squad.  The other 3 have to then survive a gauntlet of attacks to progress through the level.  As you get closer, the person capture has options to either fool the captures or get tortured for trying to escape.  Your team busts the door down and they have to work together to solve a puzzle to release you.  After you are release, the mission plays our normally with extraction.  In the case, you have a p.o.i the node needs to say such.  Therefore you're mentally ready.  Instead of putting the person in a singular location.  Turn the map off and use the environment and context clues to find the prison.  Give each node a random # of prison.  5 max.  Here's a twist: if you kill too many enemies, the person is killed on the spot.  If you don't kill enough then the person will die.  I'll DE figure that one out.  

Spoiler

Sabotage:  Remove the caches from this and put that on the spy missions variant.  That makes more sense to me.  No more go to location and blow up the reactor.  You can literally sabotage a whole building if you wanted to.  Why not do that?  Let's destroy ships, reactors, buildings, and people lol.  

• Spoiler

Excavation:  Make this a bit more dynamic.  Make it so that you choose the location.  You'd have to rework the maps for this.  That's all I got.

• Spoiler

Hijack:  There has to more we can steal right?  We have railjacks now.  We can steal whole fleets of ships if we wanted too.  

• Spoiler

Capture: Change this entirely.  Instead of random enemy being the target, have them be hunkered down somewhere and we have to figure out where they are.  We corner them, a small boss battle happens and boom! capture them. 

New types:

Spoiler

Retrievals:  You load into a tile-set and steal back something of value from a faction.  You then have to run back to the reward giver to complete the mission. You go from one faction set to another in one mission with varying obstacles and degrees of difficulty.  

Spoiler

Blockade (Railjack mission):  You have a meter that fills up every-time a certain number of faction fighters get through carrying supplies.  You simply have to stop them.  This would be a multi-railjack mission type.  You can move your ships but only so much because you have to stay in formation with the faction ships.  

Spoiler

Bombing Run:  Simply drop the bomb off.  Catch? One person has to carry it.  No jumps.  No running.  Just a slow crawl to drop the bomb off.  The others have to protect you.  Occasionally drones will appear to hack the signal of the bomb to detonate it.  If they aren't destroyed quick enough everyone dies and fails the mission and the leader of the faction laughs at you.  

Spoiler

Cargo runs (Rail jack mission): Load your railjack with cargo.  Go from one planet to the next.  All kinds of stuff can happen.  No specific enemy will attack.  You'll just have to follow the charted course and see what happens.  While the ships is flying, you'll have to tend to the cargo even during fights.  If cargo is stolen, you'll have to get it back.  

Spoiler

Envoy missions:  An updated take on the invasion mission:  You choose which faction you want to lead.  You then select a handful of units to go with.  Unlocking more units requires number of missions done and enemies scanned.  The goal,  take control the opposing base.  Only the higher level planets will have this mission.  Regular invasions can influence this by boosting your troops or your enemies.  That way the balance meter in the game as it is has more weight to it.  If the meter is full, then the victory is almost assured, but there will be a RNG'd boss waiting for you at the end as part of a last ditch measure.  Defeat that enemy to win.  

Envoy missions (Railjack): same structure as above, but you can actually control and command different ships in your fleet.  Should be pretty cool no?

Other than that, they can fix conclave to actually work and that would open up some new ideas.

Edited by (PS4)BabyBoi6769