Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Really Ok To Have 75% Power Efficiency?

Kato-san

I think if you are to make a mod that gives 60% Power Efficiency you should have the negative effect be -60% max energy to balance it out.

Because Power Efficiency is good for all skill types, and not all skill types use duration, so it needs a negative effect that ALL skill types should have which is max energy.

If anything this is a double bonus for Rhino Stomp as you can spam it more often.

Also the stretch is kinda ridiculous as well, as you probably can hit enemies so far away that people will not be able to get XP from them.

Best negative stat to have with stretch would be 90% more energy cost. so 90% more range should cost you 90% more energy.

Just my opinion.

(some one said power efficiency maxes out at 75% not 90% so title changed still 75% is a lot and does not change what my point is. And that is abilities that do not use Duration become overpowered)

Edited by MindlessWar

That really doesn't make any sense.  While I would agree that being able to stack up to 90% power efficiency can potentially create some powerful combinations.  What you have suggested is totally pointless.  If I have a mod that reduces energy use by 60%, and then reduces my max energy by 60% I have done nothing.  This would mean if I had 100 max energy and a skill that cost 100 energy to cast, it would now cost 40 energy, and I would have 40 max energy.  So you would have a mod that does nothing.  Might want to rethink that.

That really doesn't make any sense.  While I would agree that being able to stack up to 90% power efficiency can potentially create some powerful combinations.  What you have suggested is totally pointless.  If I have a mod that reduces energy use by 60%, and then reduces my max energy by 60% I have done nothing.  This would mean if I had 100 max energy and a skill that cost 100 energy to cast, it would now cost 40 energy, and I would have 40 max energy.  So you would have a mod that does nothing.  Might want to rethink that.

except for the fact that you now only have to accumulate only 40 instead of 100 before casting a power, meaning if you are a power spammer you are better off. Power efficiency > Max power

No makes a lot of sense, example you don't need to pick up much energy orbs to use ult, or if you have 4 players with energy siphon you only have to wait 10 seconds to cast an ult.  So yes the amount of times you can cast an ability before energy runs out is the same, but to get your energy back to do it again is 60% faster.

^^ This

Thats what I was thinking when I read the op.

No makes a lot of sense, example you don't need to pick up much energy orbs to use ult, or if you have 4 players with energy siphon you only have to wait 10 seconds to cast an ult.  So yes the amount of times you can cast an ability before energy runs out is the same, but to get your energy back to do it again is 60% faster.

energy siphon is 3 energy every 5 seconds, so 4 maxes out at 2.4 per second, not 4.

FYI

energy siphon is 3 energy every 5 seconds, so 4 maxes out at 2.4 per second, not 4.

FYI

Some one replied saying 25 energy is the least amount u can use on a #4 ability so I said 10seconds which = 24energy close enough. Assuming that is true.

Some one replied saying 25 energy is the least amount u can use on a #4 ability so I said 10seconds which = 24energy close enough. Assuming that is true.

I said that... I thought you were referring to the comment you quoted, sorry bout that.

The amount of power duration I have on my loki is many shades of insanity.

Yah with the new power duration mod U can get around 28 seconds with trinity blessing being immune to damage, and if you have 4 energy siphons you can recast it again without having to pick up energy. So in other words you can make team permanently immune to damage by not having to gain energy from vampire or orbs. heh not broken at all.

Yah with the new power duration mod U can get around 28 seconds with trinity blessing being immune to damage, and if you have 4 energy siphons you can recast it again without having to pick up energy. So in other words you can make team permanently immune to damage by not having to gain energy from vampire or orbs. heh not broken at all.

But you have to play a Trinity, which people say is "useless" for hurr durr wave 50s.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Efficiency

Basically it reduces the cost of abilities.

-sigh-

I know what power efficiency does (though I appreciate you trying to help) 

My question was asking what you were using to get a whopping stack of 90% power reduction though. Even with an Essence+Streamline build on Loki I don't get 90% power efficiency. Is there something I'm missing here? Some new fancy Corrupted Mod or what?