Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Were massive nerfs to glaives/dual wielding intended?

ShugoWah

Even though Melee 3.0 makes the concept of dual wielding (very quickly switching between full melee functionality and shooting) outdated, it's still a fun play style with a lot of unique animation work. However it seems like glaives were, on purpose or not, massively nerfed in damage and functionality sometime between mid last year and our current melee system. I'm only testing Glaive Prime here as it's the only one I have in my pocket currently, but I assume other glaives have the same problems.

1. Thrown attacks don't take Condition Overload into account anymore, which should be totally fine now with the mod nerfed like it was. This totally kills the play style of loading down a target with statuses from a sidearm and then throwing to finish them.
  2. The trigger explosion while throwing doesn't take Condition Overload or crit mods into account. This results in the whole mechanic being all but useless in even vaguely high-level content: a cloud of white three-digit numbers that does nothing to nobody, even though it requires player timing to manually detonate it in range.

I hope these are just oversights, when things like Redeemer Prime heavy attack builds and Exodia Contagion make plenty of other melee weapons more than capable of outputting massive damage at range, with even less skill or mod/forma investment. As it stands now, dual wielding is another game play system totally left behind that really deserves to not be.

• Like 6

I think that no one on the dev team uses glaives/dual wielding(or like, 1 person is a fan of it and pushes all the updates for it), so they probably forgot about it existing. Then the melee 2.9 came out and they noticed how some people are actually having fun with it and so they nuked it as fast as they could to avoid breaking the finely-tuned balance in their PvE-oriented power-fantasy power-creeped game. Even less people are using it than before, so they're probably happy with the result and will ignore it until melee 3.0 comes out lmao

Edited by Lone_Dude
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think at this point the dual wielding is just making glaives worse. Seeing as how dual wielding replaces the stance combos with just basic attacks you can't make use of the stance specific benefits like guaranteed procs and to do that you have to either switch to melee only, which makes it exceedingly frustrating to use a status secondary, or you need to have use a secondary weapon that doesn't support dual wielding. Either way dual wielding is a mechanic that became outdated ever since became possible to use combos outside of melee only mode.

I'd personally be fine with it there was just someway to switch out of dual wielding like a toggle key or maybe have the option to turn it off in the gameplay settings since I'm guessing removing it completely might upset a few players. 

On 2020-04-28 at 11:03 PM, deamonlord5 said:

I think at this point the dual wielding is just making glaives worse. Seeing as how dual wielding replaces the stance combos with just basic attacks you can't make use of the stance specific benefits like guaranteed procs and to do that you have to either switch to melee only, which makes it exceedingly frustrating to use a status secondary, or you need to have use a secondary weapon that doesn't support dual wielding. Either way dual wielding is a mechanic that became outdated ever since became possible to use combos outside of melee only mode.

I'd personally be fine with it there was just someway to switch out of dual wielding like a toggle key or maybe have the option to turn it off in the gameplay settings since I'm guessing removing it completely might upset a few players. 

Man they gotta fix that no stance when dual weilding nonsense.