Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Kripath post status changes

(PSN)segulibanez65

Question

Im looking to build a plague zaw and am in need of advice as to which direction I should be taking it for higher level content.  Meaning, should I go pure crit now that the Grineer armor-scaling is somewhat under control or would building it for status be more effective now that we can go above 100%?  Had taken a break from the game for a while and just returned, so I've not really had a lot of time to see how the changes have effected melee at higher levels, time to play with various builds, etc.

So is a status-focused Kripath polearm with weeping wounds the way to go for lvl 100+ or should I just build for all crit and run blood rush?  Hybrid?  If so, should it lean more status heavy or crit heavy (as far as I can tell there is not a parts combo that gives an equal split)  If I had the extra strikes I'd just build a status, hybrid, and crit but unfortunately I have just a single strike to work with.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

3 answers to this question

If you want status focused Plague Zaw go for Keewar. Kripath is meant to be Crit based.

In general Zaws got ignored in melee 2.9 which results in them being less viable than variety other melee weapons of the same class (that had their base damage, crit, crit damage and status chance boosted). Unless you are using good riven and/or Exodia Contagion, they are rarely worth it.

For status and heavy attack builds you want generally higher speed than slowest (grip choice), Links are pretty obvious choice because they are supposed to boost the Strike.

In general pure status builds will always lose with crit/status builds in terms of scaling and zaws do not offer high enough hybrid builds (due to links restriction and not updated numbers).

Edited by Zakkhar

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

If you want status focused Plague Zaw go for Keewar. Kripath is meant to be Crit based.

In general Zaws got ignored in melee 2.9 which results in them being less viable than variety other melee weapons of the same class (that had their base damage, crit, crit damage and status chance boosted). Unless you are using good riven and/or Exodia Contagion, they are rarely worth it.

For status and heavy attack builds you want generally higher speed than slowest (grip choice), Links are pretty obvious choice because they are supposed to boost the Strike.

In general pure status builds will always lose with crit/status builds in terms of scaling and zaws do not offer high enough hybrid builds (due to links restriction and not updated numbers).

Okay, so pretty much the same approach as before 27.3 launched.  I was mainly interested in whether that innate viral on plague zaws would be a huge benefit with the new status system, but it sounds like its not.  I did a few long runs with the Lesion built for strictly status, with Weeping, and dropping BR/all crit mods.  Even proc'ing viral + slash on the same hit it really didn't seem to perform as well as just running a couple dual stat's with the normal crit setup on the Lesion, and it's really a status weapon, so I was getting the impression that a status-heavy zaw probably wouldn't fare any better.

Thanks for your input; much appreciated!

@(PS4)Hikuro-93  I'm guessing you too searched all over the place to no avail.  I guess with all the changes affecting so many weapons the normal build YT'ers, etc just haven't had time to get around to the zaws

Edited by (PS4)segulibanez65
  • Like 1