Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why i choose the broken frame as a theme

eaterofstorms

To start off I'm actually quite proud and surprised to have made it to number one. I didn't even think it would make it into a running honestly. But tell the truth I never thought of the broken Warframe as a meme. I had a idea of a frame who never worked as intended but made his own way regardless. 

Edited by eaterofstorms
Autocorrect
  • Like 13

15 minutes ago, eaterofstorms said:

To start off I'm actually quite proud and surprised to have one. I didn't even think it would make it into a running honestly. But tell the truth I never thought of the broken Warframe as a meme. I had a idea of a frame who never worked as intended but made his own way regardless. 

And on your original idea post:
I would like the idea of a broken Warframe Warframe. It's obviously not put together correctly and it's pretty much the epitome of making a bug a feature.

DE interpreted your "broken" warframe differently.

Edited by (PS4)lumen2ne1
video added
  • Like 3

I suppose they thought the whole "it's not a bug it's a feature" thing was sillier than intended my idea was meant to be. My idea was a frame who failed spectacularly at its task, and got left behind broken only to put its self back together. no it is not corrupt its simply a warframe that built itself up.

• Like 2

When I read the idea of the broken frame I thought of something that the Orokin couldnt make correct in either generation, neither the first nor in the prime version. Some form of glitch in the original host that stuck with the frame even when they tried to perfect it and make it "safe to deploy without wanting to eat our face" -prime. Kinda like how the intellect of Mirage has stayed with her throughout all the models, but on a broken frame the defects would be far more prominent and there would be lots of them in different forms, both mental and physical.

Something I said in another thread about it, it would be cool if this was a frame that constantly conversed with our operator and tried to make its own decisions which would impact the abilities in some way. A frame that can be operated but still has the original host very much alive inside, more so than Umbra even. It would be a splendid frame to make a kit based around where all abilities are 1-handed actions, so they can be used while doing other things, which could symbolize both the operator and frame doing their own things at the same time as needed. A frame that used to have an operator that treated it more like an equal than a tool even in its broken state, something the frame has now found again in our own operator.

I'm also glad your intent wasnt a meme frame. Also, congrats!

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eaterofstorms said:

To start off I'm actually quite proud and surprised to have one. I didn't even think it would make it into a running honestly. But tell the truth I never thought of the broken Warframe as a meme. I had a idea of a frame who never worked as intended but made his own way regardless. 

It must have been on how many like your comment got because you were one of the first to submit an idea. After a while nobody reads the later ideas. lol Good Job. Don't really think its a good idea but we will see what they can come up with. lol

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

When I read the idea of the broken frame I thought of something that the Orokin couldnt make correct in either generation, neither the first nor in the prime version. Some form of glitch in the original host that stuck with the frame even when they tried to perfect it and make it "safe to deploy without wanting to eat our face" -prime. Kinda like how the intellect of Mirage has stayed with her throughout all the models, but on a broken frame the defects would be far more prominent and there would be lots of them in different forms, both mental and physical.

Something I said in another thread about it, it would be cool if this was a frame that constantly conversed with our operator and tried to make its own decisions which would impact the abilities in some way. A frame that can be operated but still has the original host very much alive inside, more so than Umbra even. It would be a splendid frame to make a kit based around where all abilities are 1-handed actions, so they can be used while doing other things, which could symbolize both the operator and frame doing their own things at the same time as needed. A frame that used to have an operator that treated it more like an equal than a tool even in its broken state, something the frame has now found again in our own operator.

I'm also glad your intent wasnt a meme frame. Also, congrats!

Warframes didn't have "original hosts" but bio-drones did, shame that Ballas said in the Vitruvian that all of those were exterminated when they showed the capacity to turn on the Orokin Elite. Silvana's Surrogates grown from the ground up to be without mind and will are what would be known to us as "warframes" despite Ballas making it murky by calling the Bio-drones "frames of war" as well. If the warframe is "broken" it would have to have been designed around being so from the start or like Revenant, a closer to modern day modification of a previous warframe and thus no prime equivalent of the same theme.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Warframes didn't have "original hosts" but bio-drones did, shame that Ballas said in the Vitruvian that all of those were exterminated when they showed the capacity to turn on the Orokin Elite. Silvana's Surrogates grown from the ground up to be without mind and will are what would be known to us as "warframes" despite Ballas making it murky by calling the Bio-drones "frames of war" as well. If the warframe is "broken" it would have to have been designed around being so from the start or like Revenant, a closer to modern day modification of a previous warframe and thus no prime equivalent of the same theme.

The bio-drones were the gen-1 warframes, they were made the same way that umbra was later made. Even Titania was one of those, which her story shows when it acts alone to protect silvana against the Dax that are sent to kill her after leaving the orokin empire for earth. A normal tenno controlled frame would not have the possibility to do so. After they show tendencies to go haywire the prime project is started, which removes the living host. This is the project that never quite worked with some frames, like Mirage that kept her personality and intellect throughout the models, and Rhino which they had issues with not turning into a raging beast.

So a broken original frame would be possible, since the orokin tried to perfect it again as a prime, which failed again which means it could have been discarded, then reverse engineered by the tenno during the betrayal since they were in need of frames. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The bio-drones were the gen-1 warframes, they were made the same way that umbra was later made. Even Titania was one of those, which her story shows when it acts alone to protect silvana against the Dax that are sent to kill her after leaving the orokin empire for earth. A normal tenno controlled frame would not have the possibility to do so. After they show tendencies to go haywire the prime project is started, which removes the living host. This is the project that never quite worked with some frames, like Mirage that kept her personality and intellect throughout the models, and Rhino which they had issues with not turning into a raging beast.

So a broken original frame would be possible, since the orokin tried to perfect it again as a prime, which failed again which means it could have been discarded, then reverse engineered by the tenno during the betrayal since they were in need of frames. 

Umbra as Ballas states is a mixture of Silvana surrogate and Helminth mix and is unique; at least at the time, its possible though unlikely that a series could have been made from this mix going forward during the tail end of the War before the massacre. Titania was a Silvana class, crafted out of technocyte but no human involved. What we hear about during the Silver Grove quest is presented as odd and unique, resulting perhaps from the fact that Silvana herself just used the warframe as a filter to shunt some of her mind into the surrounding Grove itself. What is implied however is that the warframe had part of her personality imbued within and thus tried and failed to defend her (Silvana and Titania were killed by those Dax) but Silvana's mind was free to regrow the jungle area of Earth. The 2nd Dream also suggests that its possible for the Silvana class warframes to have some Void echo of their user, but it could just as easily be our Tenno instinctively controlling the warframe. Note, that combining what we later know from Sacrifice, when Hunhow says that the warframe is a hollow empty shell and shows extreme shock at the warframe used breaking his avatar, he is speaking from Ballas' sharing of the official specs of their production. Infested, using their link to the technocyte Warframes are made of also show distinct confusion at warframes having no will, no soul, and ask them - not us - why the warframe attacks the infested entities.

The "rhino" in the Rhino Prime Codex entry was a Bio-Drone not a warframe proper, as it was that event that proved that we could be useful to control such entities and triggered Ballas authorizing us being moved from cold storage to Archimedian Margulis's control who then personally asked for Silvana to come to Lua from her self exile on Earth. Mirage I can only assume we are talking about Ballas's Prime trailer dialogue being colorful poetic deals rather than a straight statement about the warframe, bio-drone subjects, or even perhaps about Silvana or Margulis - its not really clear. The Mirage questline though again shows like Sands of Inaros, and 2nd Dream, that Tenno can pickup Void echoes of strong emotions connected or stored by areas. In Mirage and Inaros's case, it could be retained by the infested tissues of the Derelict or scattered infested growths and vines around Inaros tomb in that quest. This is further supported by the in-game description for Somatic Fibers which ties into DE's previous idea of allowing non-umbra warframes to be temporarily umbrafied - due to infested tissue being able to retain victim's memories and self muddied in the cellular structure of the later Technocyte growths grown from those tissues. If one took that to a bit of a stretch, it would be a potential assumption that while the Bio-drones were eliminated, the technocyte used could have been recovered for growth of some Silvana series warframes at least thus allowing preservation of those Bio-Drone hosts while Somatic Fibers imply that by injecting those fibers and activating them, perhaps with Helminth or other methods that you could give warframes or other infested organisms some of those victims' awareness.

As far as we know, Primes are just blinged up or slightly improved versions of warframes made off of Silvana models as rewards and to better match Orokin style and sensibilities. Orokin culture valued Symmetry and human form as a symbol of perfection as stated in the Simaris logs and kept alive (perhaps unintentionally) by New Loka. Something that is "broken" being primed wouldn't fit with their ego driven aesthetic but if the theme is "Frankenstein" upfront, instead of a hodgepodge of of discarded or damaged parts, I could see such a warframe being primed, since it wouldn't be broken in the first place but designed like with Nidus to be a particular unsettling shape in the first. Lore-wise, this could mark a transition from Silvana going AWOL directly after finishing Titania and taking it with her, and someone else taking over, perhaps tying into the Elder Queen saying that the Twins were involved with making warframes during War Within.

Congratulations! 
Great idea, no matter your intentions I hope it becomes the biggest meme out there.

I hope it is the epithamy of bugs - ALL at random times.
You should have no control over it, with skill or with mods.
It should stop working all of a sudden, become immortal, but you can't move.
All limbs on strange places at other time, health drop to 2 or go as high as 200000 at others. |
Jumping only back, moving only sideways(happened many times)
Attacks operator when you go out.
All random!!!

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

What was your idea

What I meant with that was just that I think most, if not all the other ideas (except maybe for that ballerina idea, that one was BS) were better than this idea for a broken frame.

But to answer your question my idea was some kind of machine/A.I frame, that basically focuses on pure firepower (built-in weapons) rather than fancy space magic.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

But to answer your question my idea was some kind of machine/A.I frame, that basically focuses on pure firepower (built-in weapons) rather than fancy space magic.

Yeah I suggested a Soldier Warframe, with abilities that focus on buffing weapons and an exalted minigun

16 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

What I meant with that was just that I think most, if not all the other ideas (except maybe for that ballerina idea, that one was BS) were better than this idea for a broken frame.

That's cool I understand not Everyone likes this idea for what it's worth your idea sounds pretty cool sounds like some Warhammer type stuff

38 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Umbra as Ballas states is a mixture of Silvana surrogate and Helminth mix and is unique; at least at the time, its possible though unlikely that a series could have been made from this mix going forward during the tail end of the War before the massacre. Titania was a Silvana class, crafted out of technocyte but no human involved. What we hear about during the Silver Grove quest is presented as odd and unique, resulting perhaps from the fact that Silvana herself just used the warframe as a filter to shunt some of her mind into the surrounding Grove itself. What is implied however is that the warframe had part of her personality imbued within and thus tried and failed to defend her (Silvana and Titania were killed by those Dax) but Silvana's mind was free to regrow the jungle area of Earth. The 2nd Dream also suggests that its possible for the Silvana class warframes to have some Void echo of their user, but it could just as easily be our Tenno instinctively controlling the warframe. Note, that combining what we later know from Sacrifice, when Hunhow says that the warframe is a hollow empty shell and shows extreme shock at the warframe used breaking his avatar, he is speaking from Ballas' sharing of the official specs of their production. Infested, using their link to the technocyte Warframes are made of also show distinct confusion at warframes having no will, no soul, and ask them - not us - why the warframe attacks the infested entities.

The "rhino" in the Rhino Prime Codex entry was a Bio-Drone not a warframe proper, as it was that event that proved that we could be useful to control such entities and triggered Ballas authorizing us being moved from cold storage to Archimedian Margulis's control who then personally asked for Silvana to come to Lua from her self exile on Earth. Mirage I can only assume we are talking about Ballas's Prime trailer dialogue being colorful poetic deals rather than a straight statement about the warframe, bio-drone subjects, or even perhaps about Silvana or Margulis - its not really clear. The Mirage questline though again shows like Sands of Inaros, and 2nd Dream, that Tenno can pickup Void echoes of strong emotions connected or stored by areas. In Mirage and Inaros's case, it could be retained by the infested tissues of the Derelict or scattered infested growths and vines around Inaros tomb in that quest. This is further supported by the in-game description for Somatic Fibers which ties into DE's previous idea of allowing non-umbra warframes to be temporarily umbrafied - due to infested tissue being able to retain victim's memories and self muddied in the cellular structure of the later Technocyte growths grown from those tissues. If one took that to a bit of a stretch, it would be a potential assumption that while the Bio-drones were eliminated, the technocyte used could have been recovered for growth of some Silvana series warframes at least thus allowing preservation of those Bio-Drone hosts while Somatic Fibers imply that by injecting those fibers and activating them, perhaps with Helminth or other methods that you could give warframes or other infested organisms some of those victims' awareness.

As far as we know, Primes are just blinged up or slightly improved versions of warframes made off of Silvana models as rewards and to better match Orokin style and sensibilities. Orokin culture valued Symmetry and human form as a symbol of perfection as stated in the Simaris logs and kept alive (perhaps unintentionally) by New Loka. Something that is "broken" being primed wouldn't fit with their ego driven aesthetic but if the theme is "Frankenstein" upfront, instead of a hodgepodge of of discarded or damaged parts, I could see such a warframe being primed, since it wouldn't be broken in the first place but designed like with Nidus to be a particular unsettling shape in the first. Lore-wise, this could mark a transition from Silvana going AWOL directly after finishing Titania and taking it with her, and someone else taking over, perhaps tying into the Elder Queen saying that the Twins were involved with making warframes during War Within.

We really dont know of any other types of frames except gen-1, primes and the tenno versions that happened far later aswell as one specific umbra punishment. There is no info on a specific type of a silvana class frame nor that the tech they worked on was different from the gen-1. Atleast I havent found any when reading through the lore entries. The Rhino is also not a bio-drone version, the entry specifically states that several have been discarded prior to the one that is hunting those 2 orokin. Which implies this is a project between gen-1 and primes, when they try to make the core of the frame 100% dormant and based on the helminth strain.

The tenno could technically be in control of the Titania that tried to defend Silvana, but it would be very doubful since the betrayal of the tenno later down the line came out of the blue. And the tenno were monitored by the orokin when they were controlling frames. And according to the story it also seems more like the Titania was a stowaway and not something that Silvana brought with her intentionally.

3 hours ago, eaterofstorms said:

I suppose they thought the whole "it's not a bug it's a feature" thing was sillier than intended my idea was meant to be. My idea was a frame who failed spectacularly at its task, and got left behind broken only to put its self back together. no it is not corrupt its simply a warframe that built itself up.

A frame that redefined itself and it’s purpose is a better way to put it.  And/or to make a weakness a strength.

You can find IRL examples of this.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

We really dont know of any other types of frames except gen-1, primes and the tenno versions that happened far later aswell as one specific umbra punishment. There is no info on a specific type of a silvana class frame nor that the tech they worked on was different from the gen-1. Atleast I havent found any when reading through the lore entries. The Rhino is also not a bio-drone version, the entry specifically states that several have been discarded prior to the one that is hunting those 2 orokin. Which implies this is a project between gen-1 and primes, when they try to make the core of the frame 100% dormant and based on the helminth strain.

The tenno could technically be in control of the Titania that tried to defend Silvana, but it would be very doubful since the betrayal of the tenno later down the line came out of the blue. And the tenno were monitored by the orokin when they were controlling frames. And according to the story it also seems more like the Titania was a stowaway and not something that Silvana brought with her intentionally.

It was before Tenno were used, the Bio-Drones were being tested upon before being fully elminated is all. The warframes were made as surrogates for us; so it couldn't be a warframe proper, since we were in cold storage, not yet in Margulis's care. Silvana warframes are surrogates, designed to have no will from the ground up intended by Silvana and Margulis as bodies to for the children to use as part of their rehabilitation. While its quite possible that Ballas used bio-drones like that proto rhino and co as the basis for what he requested Silvana make when he moved the surrogate program into weaponizing the Tenno; that was not the intent from Silvana and Margulis. Helminth is involved with the Bio-drones; Silvana made the surrogates. That is logically why Helminth is actively infecting our warframes, as it is in its current form weak against Void energy whereas Warframes and Bio-Drones were made to metabolize the stuff. Bio-drones from Lua and warframes from us generally.

Yes, we theorized that in the old Umbra thread in fact about Silvana's original model Titania; Silvana however never betrayed us Tenno; but rather went awol from the program which the Tenno according to 2nd Dream's Lotus questioning, at least some of us already had bad feelings about. Particularly after Margulis was executed, at least some of us were probably willing to execute the Orokin Elite for it, even if that was with Hunhow and Natah's conditioning per Octavia's Anthem. Silvana took Titania with her as well as several somatics. This was needed due to Silvana not being able to do Transference directly, but she was able, as per the quest to use the Titania warframe as a filter so she didn't have to touch the Void directly.

49 minutes ago, Urlan said:

It was before Tenno were used, the Bio-Drones were being tested upon before being fully elminated is all. The warframes were made as surrogates for us; so it couldn't be a warframe proper, since we were in cold storage, not yet in Margulis's care. Silvana warframes are surrogates, designed to have no will from the ground up intended by Silvana and Margulis as bodies to for the children to use as part of their rehabilitation. While its quite possible that Ballas used bio-drones like that proto rhino and co as the basis for what he requested Silvana make when he moved the surrogate program into weaponizing the Tenno; that was not the intent from Silvana and Margulis. Helminth is involved with the Bio-drones; Silvana made the surrogates. That is logically why Helminth is actively infecting our warframes, as it is in its current form weak against Void energy whereas Warframes and Bio-Drones were made to metabolize the stuff. Bio-drones from Lua and warframes from us generally.

Yes, we theorized that in the old Umbra thread in fact about Silvana's original model Titania; Silvana however never betrayed us Tenno; but rather went awol from the program which the Tenno according to 2nd Dream's Lotus questioning, at least some of us already had bad feelings about. Particularly after Margulis was executed, at least some of us were probably willing to execute the Orokin Elite for it, even if that was with Hunhow and Natah's conditioning per Octavia's Anthem. Silvana took Titania with her as well as several somatics. This was needed due to Silvana not being able to do Transference directly, but she was able, as per the quest to use the Titania warframe as a filter so she didn't have to touch the Void directly.

Even Ballas refers to them as Warframes in the Sacrifice vitruvian entries. He calls them frames of war at start, but later on refers to them as warframes. This is what leads me to believe that Titania is also just another warframe with its own will. It seems that Ballas simply switches priority from the transferance project to the frame project. While it is possible that there have been rehab "frames" for the tenno, I think the project itself is used as the foundation for the first frames though and Ballas later goes back to the transferance research since there were these machines used to help in the rehab of the tenno. Since the tenno are still being rehabilitated it wouldnt really make any sense to create frames to be controlled by tenno that are still not in control of their powers. And what we do know is that before the gen-1 were put down, they tried transferance to control them first. But that project is still a WIP when Ballas orders Silvana and Margulis to make frames.

After all of that comes the Umbra, which is made in a new way, where Ballas tries to isolate one memory to torture the host, while also having a new form of transferance bolt implemented. Likely so the memory will keep sipping through even when controlled.

33 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Even Ballas refers to them as Warframes in the Sacrifice vitruvian entries. He calls them frames of war at start, but later on refers to them as warframes. This is what leads me to believe that Titania is also just another warframe with its own will. It seems that Ballas simply switches priority from the transferance project to the frame project. While it is possible that there have been rehab "frames" for the tenno, I think the project itself is used as the foundation for the first frames though and Ballas later goes back to the transferance research since there were these machines used to help in the rehab of the tenno. Since the tenno are still being rehabilitated it wouldnt really make any sense to create frames to be controlled by tenno that are still not in control of their powers. And what we do know is that before the gen-1 were put down, they tried transferance to control them first. But that project is still a WIP when Ballas orders Silvana and Margulis to make frames.

After all of that comes the Umbra, which is made in a new way, where Ballas tries to isolate one memory to torture the host, while also having a new form of transferance bolt implemented. Likely so the memory will keep sipping through even when controlled.

As I mentioned earlier, he muddies it by calling the Bio-drones "frames of war". They are not what we however would call Warframes; which are Silvana series surrogates weaponized to have similar powers. This can be seen as part of the Council's locking of information about the nature of warframes and Tenno as well as neatly covering up the fact that the Bio-drones were considered failures and exterminated. He doesn't call the Bio-drones warframes directly. While later mentioning the surrogates indeed calling them to the Old Dax Warframes and blessed Surrogates. Bio-drones existed before we were used for them, transference itself is per DE Steve related to Continuity, a process its implied in War Within that the Orokin abused for a long time via Teshin's address. Archimedian Margulis being a master of the Mind, its likely that she had a hand in such advances in those techniques. The rehabilitation is the part involving Silvana after the events of the Rhino prime codex entry which shows the clean-up of the Bio-Drones project. Now, if we were to talk about how the Tenno got in that cold storage in the first place, that would be telling of the order of Crewman, Sentient, Turning to Technocyte during the Old War, Bio-Drones, and Silvana warframes, and Ballas's treason followed by Umbra Excalibur.

Umbra Excalibur is special yes, by as Ballas said combining the elements of the Silvana and Helminth crafted strains. Who is to say though if the transference bolt is a new technology in this case.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

As I mentioned earlier, he muddies it by calling the Bio-drones "frames of war". They are not what we however would call Warframes; which are Silvana series surrogates weaponized to have similar powers. This can be seen as part of the Council's locking of information about the nature of warframes and Tenno as well as neatly covering up the fact that the Bio-drones were considered failures and exterminated. He doesn't call the Bio-drones warframes directly. While later mentioning the surrogates indeed calling them to the Old Dax Warframes and blessed Surrogates. Bio-drones existed before we were used for them, transference itself is per DE Steve related to Continuity, a process its implied in War Within that the Orokin abused for a long time via Teshin's address. Archimedian Margulis being a master of the Mind, its likely that she had a hand in such advances in those techniques. The rehabilitation is the part involving Silvana after the events of the Rhino prime codex entry which shows the clean-up of the Bio-Drones project. Now, if we were to talk about how the Tenno got in that cold storage in the first place, that would be telling of the order of Crewman, Sentient, Turning to Technocyte during the Old War, Bio-Drones, and Silvana warframes, and Ballas's treason followed by Umbra Excalibur.

Umbra Excalibur is special yes, by as Ballas said combining the elements of the Silvana and Helminth crafted strains. Who is to say though if the transference bolt is a new technology in this case.

They are what we would call Warframes, Ballas does it himself in reference to those specific frames during The Sacrifce quest. He cant really call the bio-drones warframes more directly than that.

You should really re-read the whole sacrifice transcript. It is mentioned in there, straight from what we experience in the game that it is a new or different bolt. There is also zero mention in any of it about any silvana + helminth mix. Heck, the weakness he refers to in his "frames of war" wording are the tenno, which means he's even refering to tenno operated warframes as frames of war in the very first vitruvian, which really is just a message for Hunhow regarding where to find us.