Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why i choose the broken frame as a theme

eaterofstorms

6 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

What I meant with that was just that I think most, if not all the other ideas (except maybe for that ballerina idea, that one was BS) were better than this idea for a broken frame.

But to answer your question my idea was some kind of machine/A.I frame, that basically focuses on pure firepower (built-in weapons) rather than fancy space magic.

How wierd. The ballerina was one of my favorites. While, unless I've completly misunderstood it, I really dislike your idea. Even weirder I quite like the broken frame idea but hearing the creator expand on the idea I like it a lot less.

1 hour ago, CR0ME said:

If I remember correctly the buggy nature of this game was main part of the concept of the broken frame.

So DE deliberately misinterpreted the very concept they gave as an option.

The way I see it, this is essentially DE choosing the theme and not the community.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

They are what we would call Warframes, Ballas does it himself in reference to those specific frames during The Sacrifce quest. He cant really call the bio-drones warframes more directly than that.

You should really re-read the whole sacrifice transcript. It is mentioned in there, straight from what we experience in the game that it is a new or different bolt. There is also zero mention in any of it about any silvana + helminth mix. Heck, the weakness he refers to in his "frames of war" wording are the tenno, which means he's even refering to tenno operated warframes as frames of war in the very first vitruvian, which really is just a message for Hunhow regarding where to find us.

He calls them frames of war, and the "They turned against us as well" is referenced to the infested volunteers but as your imply reading comprehension. The Vitruvian reference says that it was after the purge of the Bio-drones that they moved to using us and Silvana's surrogate creations. Starting to explain what is the difference to Hunhow, as that is what these diary like messages are intended to yes. The Silvana + Heminth mix is implied by his words leading up to telling Umbra Excalibur that "its a miracle" saying that it embodies both of the aspects (Bio-drones have memory perserved and were done by Helminth per Ballas while Surrogates were grown from the ground up in the shape of humanity to be remoted by another and thus have no will; but grown to certain parameters instead of applying a strain and seeing what happens to a series of victims.

3 hours ago, CR0ME said:

If I remember correctly the buggy nature of this game was main part of the concept of the broken frame.

So DE deliberately misinterpreted the very concept they gave as an option.

More like the author may have given a poor synopsis of their submission to begin with based on their comments in this thread.

Intention changes nothing in this case...

This isn't the first time that stray commentary got acted on in this game and I don't see it being the last.

The good news is that it's merely a frame and not a mechanic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

The way I see it, this is essentially DE choosing the theme and not the community.

DE only filters the themes on the first day, the design council decides which theme will be accepted based on majority vote. So if you want to blame, point the council for their decision.

Edited by DrivaMain

Since they used Ordis and Cephalons as an example, we may see a Warframe whose body literally appears shattered with floating parts held together by energy to connect the bits. Reminds me of Mag Pneuma or Harrow Reliquary but even more drastic looking.

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

DE only filters the themes on the first day, the design council decides which theme will be accepted based on majority vote. So if you want to blame, point the council for their decision.

A group of players handpicked by DE, rather than the vote decided by the community. Still their group so DE gets some part of the blame. 

Edited by (PS4)DoctorWho_90250

10 minutes ago, eaterofstorms said:

Okay to be honest while all the stuff I said about the broken concept I indeed true. What originally inspired it is this340?cb=20160331040037

Also, in my opinion, all discussions about abilities and such should be discussed & decided upon by DE & the player who came up with the idea...so you, not some preferred group of players.

13 hours ago, Urlan said:

He calls them frames of war, and the "They turned against us as well" is referenced to the infested volunteers but as your imply reading comprehension. The Vitruvian reference says that it was after the purge of the Bio-drones that they moved to using us and Silvana's surrogate creations. Starting to explain what is the difference to Hunhow, as that is what these diary like messages are intended to yes. The Silvana + Heminth mix is implied by his words leading up to telling Umbra Excalibur that "its a miracle" saying that it embodies both of the aspects (Bio-drones have memory perserved and were done by Helminth per Ballas while Surrogates were grown from the ground up in the shape of humanity to be remoted by another and thus have no will; but grown to certain parameters instead of applying a strain and seeing what happens to a series of victims.

In Vitruvian part one he refers to the frames after the tenno interaction with them, that is where he uses frames of war. The hidden weakness are the tenno. In short he tells Hunhow to go after the operator where they are most vulnerable i.e on Lua.

Vitruvian two simply rambles about sentients.

Vitruvian three is about more rambling regarding sentient aswell as talking about the warframes, which is also what Ballas named that whole vitruvian entry.

Vitruvian four speaks more on warframes, tenno and orokin. There is nothing about the surrogates or that they are involved in the frame process. It speaks fully about body and mind, or well warframe and tenno, helminth and void.

There is never a word mentioned about Silvana. The only mention of the surrogates anywhere in the game is in connection that they were created as rehabilitation tools for the tenno, to teach them to control the powers. This was put on ice before it was even finished since Ballas ordered those on that project to make warframes instead. This was before the tenno were even made into a military force. If you go back to the second dream and compare it with the silver grove, it implies that the order from Ballas to use the transferance project to create frames happened before the tenno were rehabilitated. This is because Margulis is still alive at that moment in time and objects to it. During this time Titania is created. Later on Margulis gets executed for trying to protect the tenno and not until then does Ballas re-open the transferance project and finalizes it, which results in the mindless warframes the tenno are piloting.

We also know that prior to the creation of the mindless frames, the orokin tried to control the bio-drone versions after they turned with the help of the tenno. This indicates even more that a frame like Titania came before that.

16 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

This. They can't come up with anything creative, so they skate off of us to brainstorm ideas for them. How do we get paid for doing your job, DE? We get paid by you spitting in the creator's face, as his idea was "chosen," then changed, and I personally believe it was one of the worst ideas given. Not surprised.

Even if this isn't what DE intended, this is what their actions made many of us feel. But its 100% intended. DE has been a shady smirk hiding behind a peachy smile for a while now.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

1 hour ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Also, in my opinion, all discussions about abilities and such should be discussed & decided upon by DE & the player who came up with the idea...so you, not some preferred group of players.

Yes... Let's entrust the design of a frame to a party who, admittedly, couldn't accurately express a synopsis of the intended concept in the first place.

Let's name the frame: Vague.

Resting in the space between Idea and Result...This is Vague.

The Unclear.

The Distorted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

This. They can't come up with anything creative, so they skate off of us to brainstorm ideas for them. How do we get paid for doing your job, DE? We get paid by you spitting in the creator's face, as his idea was "chosen," then changed, and I personally believe it was one of the worst ideas given. Not surprised.

Even if this isn't what DE intended, this is what their actions made many of us feel. But its 100% intended. DE has been a shady smirk hiding behind a peachy smile for a while now.

Er. I think you need to let the creator speak for himself.

And to see what the actual post was. There wasn’t a lot to work with (no offense, @eaterofstorms)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Er. I think you need to let the creator speak for himself.

And to see what the actual post was. There wasn’t a lot to work with (no offense, @eaterofstorms)

I personally didn't like the idea, and I don't like DE's seeming disingenuousness towards the creator and their idea.

That's all.

Also, your rng cap idea you posted is really good. I've played other horribly grindy games that improved greatly by implementing the same thing.

1 minute ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Also, your rng cap idea you posted is really good. I've played other horribly grindy games that improved greatly by implementing the same thing.

Thanks! It’s practically a thought experiment at this point, but glad you like it 😋

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Not me. Come back to me when it's released and the answer will be the same. See you in July. 

So before you've seen the finished product you've already formed your opinion on it? No matter what it turns out to be like you are determined to hate it?

broke warframe .. other than known as the sob frame, everytime something sad happens he gets to mopeing like a allie down makes him to sad to go on or even his favorite waifu on the map is nearer to another male warframe he breaks down in or has an episode, maybe heartbreak. and his passive octavia is only one cheers up with some happy tunes👃