Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with a Nova Prime begger-friendly build?

ElseEmperor

Question

Hi everybody!

I have just built the Nova Prime frame, and I'm looking for a good build; not a top rate, because I'm broke and thinks as expensive as Arcane Energize are way out of league.

Unfortunately, all the builds I found are made by very expensive things, not as Arcane Energize but still...

I'd like to have something viable and not too expensive (100plat at most per mod would be great – cheaper is always better); if possible melee, but I read basically everywhere that Nova is wasted with melee so this might be only a pipe drime. I don't know if it'll be useful, but I have redirection and vitality almost maxed out; also, I have Arcane Guardian rank 5.

And, if possible, could you also give me an advice about a weapon to choose as primary?

Edited by ElseEmperor

Assuming you mean general slowva tank build, alk you only really need is Intensify, Transient Fortitude and Narrow Minded to make her work. If you add Streamline, Vitality and Neutron Star, it will get more convenient. She doesn't really need Arcanes and in general is a really beginner-friendly frame

• Like 1

There's no reason to half ass build a frame, if you don't have those mods then get them. Real simple, very cut and dried. the logistics of how is something you can literally build around anyway.

Steel charge

Umbrals

Prime Continuity

Adaptation

Rage

Constitution

Molecular Fission

With this build it's pretty much impossible to die and you have literally 97% DR when first active, and anything on the start chart that isn't a viral, slash or toxic sortie is a literal joke.

Amprex- crit viral or corrosion build

Kuva Nukor - viral heat build

Reaper Prime Hate or Dohkram, Heavy attack red crit slash build

the end, done.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Assuming you mean general slowva tank build, alk you only really need is Intensify, Transient Fortitude and Narrow Minded to make her work. If you add Streamline, Vitality and Neutron Star, it will get more convenient. She doesn't really need Arcanes and in general is a really beginner-friendly frame

Okay, thanks. What about weapons choice?

4 minutes ago, ElseEmperor said:

Okay, thanks. What about weapons choice?

Nova doesn't have any particular synergies with weapons. Just take into account that the enemies are slow and easy to target so you may use snipers or bows more effectively.

Other thing to note is that Nova doesn't like going close quarters combat, cause her 1 begins to dissolve when close to enemies. So snipers and semi auto rifles (or Corinth) are your best friends.

You know, probably I'd like to clarify on my build recommendations. Mods you have can vary and recommending a particular combination isn't really correct. Instead let's put it like this:

You need to focus on her 1st (Null Star) for defence and 4th (M Prime) for control and damage buff.

What you need to know about Null Star:

It scales from duration and capped on 18 charges, each giving 5% damage reduction to health only , so max reduction is 90% but 80-85 is also great. You need to have +200% duration for 90% resistance.

It dissolves when close to enemies, the more range you have, the further ypu need to be. So you better have negative range.

It can be recasted if you have Neutron Star augment. Really helps. Otherwise you'll need to jump into a pit to reset it.

What you need to know about M Prime:

The max range of the sphere does not scale with ability range, so having negative range isn't an issue here. Instead it scales with duration again, so more duration. Range influences explosion radius whe enemies die, but that's not a big deal.

Enemies's speed reduction scales with strenth and capped on 75% slow (i.e. enemies are 4 times slower) with +45% strength.

If you don't want enemies to be slower (for example on Survival), you can have -30% strength, and the enemies won't slow down. If you have less than -30% strength, enemies will get faster (useful for affinity farm).

What you need to know about her survivability:

Nova has decent health, but low armor, that's why equipping Vitality is recommended, but Steel fiber is not (Arcane Guardian is still great though).

Adaptation works well with Null Star but isn't necessary.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

There's no reason to half ass build a frame, if you don't have those mods then get them. Real simple, very cut and dried. the logistics of how is something you can literally build around anyway.

Steel charge

Umbrals

Prime Continuity

Adaptation

Rage

Constitution

Molecular Fission

With this build it's pretty much impossible to die and you have literally 97% DR when first active, and anything on the start chart that isn't is a viral, slash or toxic sortie is a literal joke.

Amprex- crit viral or corrosion build

Kuva Nukor - viral heat build

Reaper Prime Hate or Dohkram, Heavy red crit slash build

the end, done.

Any advice on the arcane?

however much Survivability you feel like you need (and have) focusing on Health over Shields, with a lot of Duration, some Efficiency(shooting for high Efficiency is practical if you don't have access to much of the Mods/Gear that exists yet), and some Strength. Molecular Fission is quite nice to have.
that pretty much covers Nova for 95% of situations while making the Modding pretty newbie friendly.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElseEmperor said:

Any advice on the arcane?

I would actually go for grace and guardian over energize and other power/cast/boost multipliers. You'll get all the energy you need from rage and your strength + duration on two of her powers provide both damage and utility simultaneously.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Steel charge

Umbrals

Prime Continuity

Adaptation

Rage

Constitution

Molecular Fission

Okay, then:

- Steel Charge -> If I use rifle I'd use dead eye instead, right?

For Umbrals I assume you mean Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify

2 hours ago, ant99999 said:

It can be recasted if you have Neutron Star augment. Really helps. Otherwise you'll need to jump into a pit to reset it.

Also, another user said about Neutron Star. What do you think of it? It indeed sounds useful, I could swap it with Adaption

Edited by ElseEmperor

59 minutes ago, ElseEmperor said:

Also, another user said about Neutron Star. What do you think of it? It indeed sounds useful, I could swap it with Adaption

I use it as well asl Adaptation. It just gives too much QoL to be exchanged for something, besides, Nova's build is flexible enough to use mods like this one.

Here's my buld just as an example.

B3E9AED8880175A9CE23E7E053C3F05539626688

P.S. Apparently there's no Adaptation in my build 🤔. Didn't notice at first.

But it should be there, maybe I didm't have enough capacity and was too lazy to forma it again, don't know.

Edited by ant99999

54 minutes ago, ElseEmperor said:

Okay, then:

- Steel Charge -> If I use rifle I'd use dead eye instead, right?

For Umbrals I assume you mean Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify

No.

You use Steel charge to get ALL THREE umbrals in place.

All.

Three.

Not nay or once or twice.

All thrice.

There's a reason that arcane guardian is used.

Edited by -Kittens-

38 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

I use it as well asl Adaptation. It just gives too much QoL to be exchanged for something, besides, Nova's build is flexible enough to use mods like this one.

Here's my buld just as an example.

B3E9AED8880175A9CE23E7E053C3F05539626688

P.S. Apparently there's no Adaptation in my build 🤔. Didn't notice at first.

But it should be there, maybe I didm't have enough capacity and was too lazy to forma it again, don't know.

Ahahahah, you just made my day.

By the way, what application are you using right now?

17 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

No.

You use Steel charge to get ALL THREE umbrals in place.

All.

Three.

Not nay or once or twice.

All thrice.

There's a reason that arcane guardian is used.

I'm sorry but this time I don't understand. What do you mean? How Steel Charge is related to the umbrals?

2 minutes ago, ElseEmperor said:

By the way, what application are you using right now?

Official Warframe app

Btw the guy uses Steel Charge to boost capacity thanks to it being the only aura giving +18 instead of +14

Still don't quite understand his desire to fit all three umbrals into it. Arcane Guardian doesn't scale with frame's armor.

Edited by ant99999
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Official Warframe app

Btw the guy uses Steel Charge to boost capacity thanks to it being the only aura giving +18 instead of +14

Still don't quite understand his desire to fit all three umbrals into it. Arcane Guardian doesn't scale with frame's armor.

Pheraps that's because nova has low armor, though I think it'd be better use that mod slot for something more useful

31 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Official Warframe app

It may be because Nova has low armor, though I think it'd better use the mod slot for something else (For example, Power Drift)

31 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

We are talking about the same steel charge, aren't we?

* Aura mods increase the amount of Mod Capacity

I see now

Edited by ElseEmperor

3 minutes ago, ElseEmperor said:

It may be because Nova has low armor,

That's the point, if the armor is low, there's no use in wasting mod space to try increasing it. Guardian gives armor additively, hence it doesn't give a damn about how much your frame has it. The only point I see in Umbral Fiber is a slight buff it gives to other two umbrals, but the slot it takes could still be used more efficiently if you ask me. (In the guy's case, at least for Narrow Minded or Neutron Star)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

That's the point, if the armor is low, there's no use in wasting mod space to try increasing it. Guardian gives armor additively, hence it doesn't give a damn about how much your frame has it. The only point I see in Umbral Fiber is a slight buff it gives to other two umbrals, but the slot it takes could still be used more efficiently if you ask me. (In the guy's case, at least for Narrow Minded or Neutron Star)

Yeah, I agree with you. By the way, even Power Drift looks good so I'm not so sure which one I should choose between Neutron Star, Power Drift and Narrow Minded (about this I'm conflicted, because it would be good when slowing down but pretty useless if enemies are faster – at least I think)

19 minutes ago, ElseEmperor said:

Yeah, I agree with you. By the way, even Power Drift looks good so I'm not so sure which one I should choose between Neutron Star, Power Drift and Narrow Minded (about this I'm conflicted, because it would be good when slowing down but pretty useless if enemies are faster – at least I think)

Power drift can fit in Exilus slot, Narrow minded is useful if you have less than +200% duration, Neutron Star can be used if all other conditions are satisfied. In the end, as I said you can jump in a pit to reset Null Star.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Power drift can fit in Exilus slot, Narrow minded is useful if you have less than +200% duration, Neutron Star can be used if all other conditions are satisfied. In the end, as I said you can jump in a pit to reset Null Star.

Okay, thanks

By the way, can I use an Orokin reactor and then use the Aura slot for something else?

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

Official Warframe app

You don't understand never dying? Pretty simple concept.

Can your build carry you to level 17 in Scarlet Spear solo?

Cause I bet it can't.

Edited by -Kittens-

8 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

You don't understand never dying? Pretty simple concept.

But with rank 5 Guardian active giving you +900 armor is there a real Difference between Nova's base 125 armor or 365 or somethng Fiber gives? There may be a slight one, but my Nova feels pretty comfortable among some slowed down to death lvl 120 Battalysts.

22 minutes ago, ElseEmperor said:

Why is umbral vitality / intensify bad?

It isn't bad, it's restrictive in terms of it's capacity cost. And if you umbra forma your frame, you will also be restricted from some build variations. There are not many frames who really benefit so much from equipping full Umbral set.