Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strange and inconsistent melee damage

Tornetic

Question

Title says it all. I build my weapons for crit. I'll hit an enemy and get couple thousand damage on a yellow or orange crit and hit another next to it and get like 300 or 900 damage on red crits. Don't have anything that can reduce my damage. I only experience this on melee. I know some enemies resist damage types more than others but it can't be to the degree that I deal like 4% of my damage to them. I experience this with practically all factions. Somebody tell me what am I missing here. Please. 

2 answers to this question

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Tornetic:

Title says it all. I build my weapons for crit. I'll hit an enemy and get couple thousand damage on a yellow or orange crit and hit another next to it and get like 300 or 900 damage on red crits. Don't have anything that can reduce my damage. I only experience this on melee. I know some enemies resist damage types more than others but it can't be to the degree that I deal like 4% of my damage to them. I experience this with practically all factions. Somebody tell me what am I missing here. Please. 

Actually, yes it could, damage resistance can go up to 75% as far i know. SO if a enemy has that resistance alot of your damage is lost obviously.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage

The damage type they can have ressistance, then what part you hitted comes in and there armor or shields aswell giving individual damage reduciton also.

Besides enemy resistances, stances can radically change your damage from strike to strike depending on what step of a combo you're in.  I'd suggest unequipping your stance, and spawning identical enemies in the simulacrum to see if this still happens.   Since it'll be solo, that also eliminates a whole slough of other possibilities.