Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The things only owner of the account would know

LAlFU

Question

Hey guys. It has been a very long time since I played Warframe. So last week I wanted to login to check out what is new and to play a bit. But I couldn't since I had to activate the code thingy sent to my dead email.

So I created a support ticket to change my email address. But since support wants to make sure I am the owner, they asked some questions like:

What was the last quest I started? And like:

What was the name of first 2 players I added after creating my account?

I can't remember at all. It was a very long time ago. I don't remember anything about my account other than the waifu frames I played with. So I couldn't answer anything support asked.

I am wondering if there is any other information only as owner I could rememeber about my account? Some solid info I could give to support so they can help me change this email.

Help me think of a good answer because I am too dumb!

Thanks.

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I answered  that question. Also I told them my old account name too.

But since I was asked more questions like I mentioned on my first post it seems these info weren't enough unfortunately. 

Hey 8faiNt. I told them my steam account name. Guess that wasn't enough either. Unfortunately can't remember any friends if I did have any.

I sent them my dxdiag file and waiting for the reply currently.

That sucks, we should be able to make up our own questions and answers that only we would know, it would be much better than trying to remember all that, I'm still playing and wouldn't have a clue to answer those questions.

Edited by Slayer-.
typo [be]
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

Most old providers delete email accounts when done.

That is true, but depending on what type of email account it was, sometimes you can get them to setup you up for a month or something to get some things fixed. 

Companies such as ISP's often have the option to have just email services for former clients for example.

I would give that a try.

• Like 1

tbh I don't think they expect you to be able to answer this 2 questions.  What even is the point of friend list if you could remember the weird usernames of your friends. Not to mention the first 2 are most likely randoms you met in public match.

On your end, besides what others mentioned, you could:
2. provide the most recent in-game screencaps (you should be able to find it in the steam app folder in any)
3. tell them whatever you remember, something like how far you were in the starchart, what's the last frame/weapon you obtained, was there anything left unclaimed in the foundry, the clan(s) you were once in but not anymore

Edited by SHArK-FiN

14 hours ago, LAlFU said:

Hey guys. It has been a very long time since I played Warframe. So last week I wanted to login to check out what is new and to play a bit. But I couldn't since I had to activate the code thingy sent to my dead email.

So I created a support ticket to change my email address. But since support wants to make sure I am the owner, they asked some questions like:

What was the last quest I started? And like:

What was the name of first 2 players I added after creating my account?

I can't remember at all. It was a very long time ago. I don't remember anything about my account other than the waifu frames I played with. So I couldn't answer anything support asked.

I am wondering if there is any other information only as owner I could rememeber about my account? Some solid info I could give to support so they can help me change this email.

Help me think of a good answer because I am too dumb!

Thanks.

Probably not.

Support has a real S#&$ way of retrieving old accounts. I lost two in this way.

5 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Probably not.

Support has a real S#&$ way of retrieving old accounts. I lost two in this way.

For me it's unclear how can a person lose (many)accounts this way, I still have my old yahoo email I created in 1995. How do you people lose all your email accounts, it's like losing house keys.