Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: TennoGen Pricing Changes - Lira, Hryvnia, Ruble and Euro

On 2020-03-31 at 5:52 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Tenno,

As many of you know, the value of currency across the globe changes, and occasionally we need to re-evaluate the prices of Tennogen items as the market shifts.

As such, we have made some adjustments to the following currencies:

Turkish Lira (TRY), Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH) and Russian Ruble (RUB) currencies will see an increase in prices. In the case of Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH), specific tiers of items will remain as they were with only some of the items increasing.

Euro (EUR) will see a decrease in some items, with other items remaining at their original price point.

Please note, these changes will come into effect when the new Round 18 of TennoGen is launched - very soon, hopefully, this week!!

You said increase not DOUBLE! Items that were 11 TL are now 21TL!
Skins were for 13TL are now 25TL!

How about the rest of the world? In other countries, despite earning little salary, we have to pay full price. In Poland it's 7$, it's like Americans had to pay 29$ for a tennogen skin, if you compare exchange rates to salaries. Please do something about it! 

Increasing prices for these countries is a bad move. As people state here, they will simply stop buying tennogen. My concern is also not taking under consideration countries, which also earn less and can't afford the tennogen.

7 hours ago, AcidHorse said:

@[DE]Bear

In case of UAH - the prices were doubled.

I had to pay ~1.9€ for a tennogen item last month, but now (taking current exchange rate into consideration) it will cost me almost 3.4€.

I was not buying tennogen often when it had euro prices on it - I will stop buying it often now.

2 cups of coffee (50 Hryvnia) was a fair price for a piece of digital art. Now it's just an overprice.

You can have more than 4 cups of coffee in my country for a tennogen skin (in Poland).. Or 2 full meals.. We need to.pay full price (7$) Even Western countries have cheaper euro now? I think I know what people would choose in a time of crisis 😕

In all seriousness - your marketing department can eat a $&*^. And should they choose to do it literally - they can pretty much charge 50 for that kind of services.

As for tennogen prices - I'd be okay with 69₴ per item, which is a 75% increase in price from 39₴.

Not 89₴ and 104₴, thank you.

Now I can only hope the graphs will support me and ₴ prices go down a bit.

Let's talk about Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH)

As many of you know, the value of currency across the globe changes, and occasionally we need to re-evaluate the prices of Tennogen items as the market shifts.

so due to recent events, Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH) dropped by 8-12%

As such, we have made some adjustments

increased prices to 250-300%. Glad to see your true face de.

at least your prices are converted...
we have literally American prices of $7 per skin
when even Germans and French pay about 5-6$ in euros, so we earn less and pay more... where's logic here?

if i could pay 104₴ (UAH) for skin, i would be happy, because it's literally half of what it cost now

And what is the weirdest for me,
from Germany to the west, everyone have euros and about 6$ per skin
on the other side from Ukraine to Russia everyone have hryvnia or ruble (idk other currencies) and about 3-4$ per skin
And here u have Poland in the middle with 7$ per skin

can someone explain this?

Nothing against Tennogen creators and I'm not going to throw tantrums, but such price change in this current period of time is very odd (wonder if it has something to do with reports about WF having a drop in revenue in the '19 year, because AFAIK, DE and Valve are splitting 70% and the remaining 30% goes to artists...):

As many of you know, the value of currency across the globe changes

There is also the whole world is going to hell. And from what I've seen, Belarus also got Tennogen price increased... But assuming we're talking about Ukraine, Russia, CIS and Central/Eastern Europe countries... I doubt that with the whole lockdowns and quarantine situation people staying at home will be incentivized or pleased with having to spend 60%-300% more money, because, you know, the price leap is big enough to make consumers (that are already facing heavy economic consequences due to CV-19 and their govs' actions; and are to face economic crisis after the pandemic one) even more picky. Yes, the rest of the world is also dealing with this, but the standards of living, purchasing power and salaries are also a thing. Heck, look at the Polish people comments.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if there wasn't a big market in the mentioned regions to begin with, it most likely will only plummet even harder after these changes. But this is just my armchair assumption so I'm curious to see where it's going.

2 hours ago, _DreadFury_ said:

And here u have Poland in the middle with 7$ per skin

You guys are officially a part of the European Union. And Ukraine used to have European prices initially as well. After that they've adjusted prices.

My issue now is that the prices were nearly tripled in some cases. I'm okay to pay 175% of what I paid before, but not 280%.

Also: stop pointing at others. You want lower prices for Poland - you say "I want lower prices for Poland" and not "Ukrainians over there have it too cheap!".

2 hours ago, _DreadFury_ said:

if i could pay 104₴ (UAH) for skin, i would be happy

Would you also be happy to get an active invasion? Limit on your stay in normal countries? BullS#&$ taxes that actively prevent you from gaining profit in legal way and invest in your own country? THAT COMES IN PACKAGE.

Just stick to your own cattle, okay? No hard feelings.

1 hour ago, Thundervision said:

if there wasn't a big market in the mentioned regions to begin with, it most likely will only plummet even harder after these changes

I sincerely hope it will plummet just for the sake of "adjusting" and "doubling" being different words. Plus now the relative price of an item here is actually more than that in Europe.

We don't have "European Prices" we pay more for tennogen than ppl in France. So no, i don't want:

1 hour ago, AcidHorse said:

lower prices for Poland

I want prices to be based more on GDP per capita, so everyone can afford at least one skin once in a while. 

1 hour ago, AcidHorse said:

if i could pay 104₴ (UAH) for skin, i would be happy

I didn't want to say that "you have better because your skins are cheaper", I just wanted to say that at least it would be better for us to pay this than over 4x more than Germany. And I know that the situation in Ukraine is not very good, all of us were part of the same problem in the past.

It's scary to me that your prices go up to 280% of what was before, but I just want everyone to have the same chance to buy skins as everyone else.

6 hours ago, Thundervision said:

but such price change in this current period of time is very odd (wonder if it has something to do with reports about WF having a drop in revenue in the '19 year, because AFAIK

Yeah and maybe that explains why that “contest” called “Tenno space program” (which should give 1 mil to someone go to space) simply disappears in the shadow. No one won and just disappeared from the news console. I think after that Chinese company buy 60% of DE they’re trying to bankrupt to not be sued (if that’s possible). That’s just a thought but it’s growing stronger and stronger with ever “slip” they do and ask sorry after. losing lots of players per round of “slip”.

6 TennoGen skins cost like whole new shiny DOOM Eternal now. Amazing. + They cannot be traded for, be bought for Platinum and never go on sale! To put it very politely - TennoGen deal is a BIT unfair atm. Just NO. Not now and not at this rates.

3 часа назад, markus230 сказал:

Meanwhile Poland has to pay 7$ for a skin. Also, great timing DE, it's the middle of a pandemic and you decide that it's time to squeeze extra money from people in poor countries

I see a very twisted logic behind it "might just squeeze some money from them, before those poor bаstаrds got put out by the epidemic" *puts tinfoil hat on* 
Jokes aside, looks like nobody cares, about some 3rd world country players getting screwed.

Okay, no more Tennogen for me. With the general situation, I earn LESS than before. I simply cannot afford it anymore.

The idea of marketing is to sell to everyone, reach out and offer something even to poor people, at a price which they CAN afford, so that they can't resist but pay you too.

Well, you just cut me off. Guess my money was bad.

So, as an update

currency across the globe changes

and Ukrainian Hryvnia sits at 97% compared to 2019, prices staying at 279%.

So, "they have war, pandemic, feudalism, let's make money on them" is the official position?

Archived