Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old melee systeme please

(PSN)CSFMA31

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Turko_Bxl1030 said:

DE know possible to put back the old melee system please

Why do you think the old system was replaced in the first place?

I'll answer for you. People were annoyed by the trickier button inputs required to perform certain moves.

What is it with people wanting Warframe to regress? Nostalgia is irrelevant when the new system is objectively better.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

Why do you think the old system was replaced in the first place?

I'll answer for you. People were annoyed by the trickier button inputs required to perform certain moves.

What is it with people wanting Warframe to regress? Nostalgia is irrelevant when the new system is objectively better.

I think it’s not just that. With the old melee system you could do several hours in a survival mission (and they clearly don’t want that) after this changes you barely can pass 4 hours.

The only thing that really needs to change back is getting rid of having to hold the weapon swap key to enable melee and just treat melee as having a weapon equipped rather than something that needs to be constantly toggled. Holding the key down is an annoyance, and as a client using ranged exalted disables melee use each time, requiring holding the key down each time, hacking grineer consoles disables melee requiring holding it again, railjack in and out of ships disables it, etc. It also makes swapping back to a primary and back to melee slower too, especially considering it prioritizes swapping to secondary (if equipped) and then you hold the key to switch back to melee.

The other thing, which has nothing to do with the old system, is getting rid of the constant white flashing some weapons do and heavy attacks, it gets annoying late at night, especially with higher attack speeds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

I think it’s not just that. With the old melee system you could do several hours in a survival mission (and they clearly don’t want that) after this changes you barely can pass 4 hours.

And the change made most melee weapons capable of endurance runs, not just a select few. And STILL they changed armor and health scaling so you can go back to doing it tell your hands fall off for whatever reason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

And the change made most melee weapons capable of endurance runs, not just a select few. And STILL they changed armor and health scaling so you can go back to doing it tell your hands fall off for whatever reason.

Nope it’s not possible anymore.... I’ve been trying pass 4 hrs and there’s no way to kill anymore... if you keep the enemy under 300 it’s ok for ever melee and most builds.... but try to do a real endurance solo run. You will realize it’s impossible... before this last changes Steve said in a dev stream “we don’t don’t want ppl doing 7, 8, 10 hours” and that’s what they’re trying to do since then.

You want people to hate DE more is what you're saying, they spent so much time reworking the entire melee system and if they just rolled back all the changes a lot of people would hate it.  Were melee weapons better with exponential CO and blood rush giving insane crit tiers?  Yes, but only a handful of weapons were viable with that whole system because stuff like atterax took much better advantage of blood rush + maiming strike than others.  

DE doesn't really care about people doing endurance runs as that is a tiny portion of the playerbase.  They don't care much about difficulty either as enemies on their star chart have been piss easy for years and they just made it even easier with the proc changes and armor scaling changes.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

DE doesn't really care about people doing endurance runs

Sorry but if that was the case. Why say “we don’t want ppl doing” I really think they care but they care in “don’t do it”

if was an “I don’t care” case... the thought would be “ok, idc let them do it if they want to”

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Sorry but if that was the case. Why say “we don’t want ppl doing” I really think they care but they care in “don’t do it”

if was an “I don’t care” case... the thought would be “ok, idc let them do it if they want to”

Here's the issue though, you can still endurance run.  Can you do it with just a melee weapon and nothing else?  No.  You can still go for hours upon hours with warframe abilities like mallet, sonar, rhino roar, any number of combinations really.  If you want to solo endurance run your options have always been limited though octavia can go solo for so many hours especially now with the change to armor scaling.  

1 minute ago, MajedTheShrewd said:

Old meta is dead ! no more spin to win to macro with!

New meta is heavy attacks and melee mid-air attacks if you know what i mean!

Hahahahaha agreed. And that will be changed too when majority of players start to use it... And plus the game still being a “shooter” without “shooting”

never liked S2W (spin to win) also sold all my maiming strikes also even before. But in my case they just made the game even easier (and was one of the easiest game I’ve ever played) and still that doing just regular activities without trying to discover something challenging. (Just solo and keep testing my patience).

3 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Here's the issue though, you can still endurance run.  Can you do it with just a melee weapon and nothing else?  No.  You can still go for hours upon hours with warframe abilities like mallet, sonar, rhino roar, any number of combinations really.  If you want to solo endurance run your options have always been limited though octavia can go solo for so many hours especially now with the change to armor scaling.  

Yeah man I know that... with my octavia I did 7 hrs mot and left because I was bored af... endurance suppose to be challenging and with some action. But with her i could take my lunch, go piss and talk with my wife. Do u realize how boring is this?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Yeah man I know that... with my octavia I did 7 hrs mot and left because I was bored af... endurance suppose to be challenging and with some action. But with her i could take my lunch, go piss and talk with my wife. Do u realize how boring is this?

Thats always endurance though. You cheese it so its never really difficult, and you quit when you get bad RNG one hit deaths or you get bored. That's how its always been.

• Like 2

At first I thought you are refering to the old melee system... You know the one we had since open beta started with charge attack spam and melee coptering... Simple yet effective.. Oh those times... But then you mention combo system and its clear to me - you want the first implementation of combo system.. And to be honest it was clunky and painful to use. Yup some moves got changed and yup some combos got butchered, but its much more fluid now. I regret the changes they made to blade guns, but overall its an improvement over the old combo system.

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

Thats always endurance though. You cheese it so its never really difficult, and you quit when you get bad RNG one hit deaths or you get bored. That's how its always been.

Actually before the update I used to do 10hrs with a lot of action (even the enemies stop scaling after 8hrs) and really challenging to stay alive and kill. You had to stay on ur toes to do it... and failed many times because of run out air because I was trying to survive. 
that was the challenge. Now the challenge is “test your patience” with many annoying bugs, your not been able to do it or either cheesing standing still casting abilities. But resumes at same thing “we going to test your patience”

5 minutes ago, Unibot said:

At first I thought you are refering to the old melee system... You know the one we had since open beta started with charge attack spam and melee coptering... Simple yet effective.. Oh those times... But then you mention combo system and its clear to me - you want the first implementation of combo system.. And to be honest it was clunky and painful to use. Yup some moves got changed and yup some combos got butchered, but its much more fluid now. I regret the changes they made to blade guns, but overall its an improvement over the old combo system.

was ok after “copter” and before now in my opinion. But the river flows to:

1- just do usual things

2- use ur time farming more to get less

3- try to have fun before we nerf/change

and still fun but I have to agree. I’m using much more fire weapons now than b4. Trying now to know WF as a “shooter” and melee just in some cases. When can’t kill just leave if I need something if not... just go to another game.