Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Titania Prime 27.3.6

[DE]Megan

DE is getting nerf fever yikes. Please stop nerfing frames. There are plenty of abilities that can keep defense objectives safer than venari healing even prevent it from getting attacked at all. Will these be nerfed next as well since they can keep objectives safer and alive longer? Like Frost, Limbo, Vauban? Or is it just because it was the only ability that could just heal them that's making it get nerfed for some reason? If so, for what reason?

Titania Prime Access, I bought it.

I did this because I want to support you guys through this pandemic. A lot of local businesses have had to shutter their doors, and many people I know are currently unemployed for the foreseeable future things are going to be rough for a while. However, as someone who has supported this game for years I feel I need to comment on the 'quality' of this Prime Access.

• Titania Prime - Looks great, her primary color channel seems a bit too 'primary' so I'd suggest making sure more color channel separation is used on future prime frames. No one likes being unable to use a color scheme because one color channel controls 85% of a frame.
  • Dex Pixia - Looks fine. Though I must say one of the main reasons I dislike Titania is because her pistols are rather lacking in the sustained firepower department. They're hybrid pistols, which is ok, but when you understand that getting through enemy defenses, and killing a target takes a bit of time, and typically a lot of your magazine, it feels rather bad to constantly be waiting for a reload, instead of just continuing to fire. Obviously Peacemaker is given infinite ammo because Mesa (at least without her Waltz) is incapable of moving while using it, and its meant to be a shoot and scoot style ability. However both Razorwing and Peacemaker burn through energy regardless of if you're firing. So if at all possible could you test Dex Pixia with unlimited ammo? I think you'll find its not 'overpowered' considering you have to aim manually.
  • Diwata Prime - Looks fine, however Diwata has always left me wondering what the point of it is. Its an exalted melee on a tiny frame, which has to get very close to hit anything. Despite being an exalted melee it has no stance, and its stats are simply 'OK'. Now since I don't play Titania much I'm not sure what could be done for this. Perhaps a more mobile moveset? Or better 'hit' range instead of burying your face into an enemies armpit?
  • Pangolin Prime - I am very impressed by the design, and it also has very good stats. This is fine.
  • Corinth Prime - I've been looking forward to this prime ever since the original Corinth was released. Though I didn't think it would come with Titania of all things. The model is excellent, the reload animation is crisp and neat. Though I freely admit I am saddened by the loss of the shell reload. John Wick has given me an appreciation for the aesthetic of pump-action shotguns and having to load each shell. I had hoped the prime would have 'quad loading' where you load 2 shells twice in a short period, this would allow for a larger magazine without extending the reload time. The issue I have with the Corinth Prime is very simple, the stats seem like a side-grade, like a simple-variant of a Corinth, not a prime and certainly not a weapon I'd expect to see placed at MR 14. Prime's lore-wise are supposed to be the epitome of that warframe or weapon design, the best possible iteration.

What does the Corinth Prime offer compared to the Corinth?

• Requires 6 additional MR, making it officially the highest MR shotgun in the game.
  • Primary fire gains 0.25 additional fire rate. Very Minor Buff - Additional fire rate is always appreciated, however 0.25 is negligible for a semi-auto.
  • Magazine carries 15 additional rounds. Good Buff - While a significant buff on paper, the only statistic this increases is the weapons sustained damage. Its damage per shot remains exactly the same.
  • Reload time increased to 3.0s (sustained damage buff compensated by worse reload) Compensation Nerf - Directly decreases that same potential sustained damage. Remember that shotguns at best have access to a 40% reload speed mod, which isn't something you'd use on the normal Corinth because as a crit shotgun, you need all the mod space you can get.
  • Primary fire gains 3.0% status chance. Neutral - Unfortunately the Corinth and Corinth Prime both have a fairly low pellet count which means marginal status chance increases are ultimately negligible, as crit shotgun users don't typically use a slot for status chance mods.
  • Alt-fire grenade can be remotely detonated. Neutral - Considering the alt-fire for the Corinth was recently nerfed rather significantly with the self-damage changes (falloff), it seems rather odd to make the Prime's alt-fire have a remote detonation feature. However it is useful for some niche situations.
  • Alt-fire explosion diameter increased by 0.4 meters -> 9.8m Very Minor Buff - As stated before due to the falloff changes the alt-fire is not very useful currently, and increasing the explosion range only really serves to increase the chance the player will stun themselves.
  • Alt-fire status chance is increased by 22% -> 50% Good Buff - Yet another odd choice, as a crit shotgun Corinth does not have space for status chance mods, thus this buff is effectively minor. Slow firing weapons are currently suffering in terms of proc rate, as the new status mechanics work best with multiple procs to stack their respective debuffs/buffs. Effectively unless you're outright killing an enemy, slow firing weapons currently do not feel good to use.
  • Alt-fire grenade explosion deals 1796 more damage.Good Buff - Once again a case of good news, bad news. The good news is this is a significant damage buff compared to the normal Corinth's alt-fire, the bad news is that this is also compensated by two rather large detrimental effects (highlighted below).
  • Alt-fire grenade consumes 4 ammo. Compensation Nerf
  • Alt-fire loses 0.503 fire rate. Compensation Nerf - It seems rather strange to focus so much on the alt-fire when an alt-fire is typically supposed to be a ribbon capability of a weapon, not its main purpose. Whats stranger still is having buffs to that alt-fire heavily compensated with penalties like increase ammo usage.

Overall you took a reliable shotgun and made a side-grade which offers nothing really new for the primary method the weapon is used, whilst also introducing compensation nerfs that take away from the good parts of the original weapon.

Here are my suggestions to improve the Corinth Prime make it feel more like a superior version of its normal counterpart, and fit right in at MR 14.

• Increase primary fire Crit Multiplier from 2.8x to 3.5x
  • Increase pellet count from 6 to 9 (same total base damage)
  • Decrease magazine from 20 to 15 rounds
  • Improve reload speed from 3.0 seconds to 2.3 seconds
  • Improve alt-fire fire rate from 0.667 to 1.0
  • Reduce alt-fire grenade cost to 3 rounds
  • Allow alt-fire grenade to detonate on impact in addition to remote detonation.

None of these changes would make the weapon broken, and would also keep the same quirkiness it currently has.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Corinth Prime boasts a 20-shot magazine with a reload that applies to the whole magazine vs. one shell at a time!

WHYYYYY?! Why get rid of the shell loading style? It was so cool. Now its just like any typical primary rifle. Why not just keep the shell reload but make it a double or quad load or go full ham and let us slam 5 shells in at a time. This way you keep the shell load but it doesnt take forever.

3 hours ago, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

What about Attica, Zhuge and Nagantaka?

It already clarified it didn't include those. 

Like I agree it shouldn't be so limited because those probably still wouldn't become top usage, but it's just that they adjusted what was shown and that already was.

So there's no way to get Umbra Forma until some undetermined date in the future now? That's really frustrating that it couldn't be added to an end of mission reward for Railjack or as a Cred reward for Nightwave or literally anything at all instead of removing it. I've been farming for one to use on Titania Prime when she came out, but it looks like that's no longer an option. 

Why bother playing Railjack now?

3 minutes ago, Eiddew said:

So there's no way to get Umbra Forma until some undetermined date in the future now? That's really frustrating that it couldn't be added to an end of mission reward for Railjack or anything. I was hoping to use it on Titania Prime.

In before they add it to the market for 300p apiece.

The issue I have with the Corinth Prime is very simple, the stats seem like a side-grade, like a simple-variant of a Corinth, not a prime and certainly not a weapon I'd expect to see placed at MR 14. P

50% higher base status chance per pellet
higher fire rate
much much higher radial damage on alt fire
massively bigger magazine
and better reload mechanic

Side grade? Are you serious?

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Venari’s Healing aura affecting Defense Targets.

NO.

This is not a bug that needs """fixing""", this is a feature that is literally listed in game as such. Don't even try to claim it was """unintended""" when it clearly, explicitly is.

Screenshot:
xT42dfp.png

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Murex II and Murex III Emblems using the Condrix II and Condrix III icons when viewed in Inventory.

How about not getting those emblems at all?

Because I got the Murex I AND the Murex III, but still no Murex II for some reason

Fix plzzzzzzzzzzzzz 😕😕😕

24 minutes ago, Beelzebabe said:

NO.

This is not a bug that needs """fixing""", this is a feature that is literally listed in game as such. Don't even try to claim it was """unintended""" when it clearly, explicitly is.

Screenshot:
xT42dfp.png

They meant to say that the OPLINK was not supposed to be affected by ANY warframe abilities... Venari works on every other team member or objective

8 minutes ago, TheBigGuy0012 said:

They meant to say that the OPLINK was not supposed to be affected by ANY warframe abilities... Venari works on every other team member or objective

Reread the notes. There's the oplink change you're referring to, and there's the "fix" for venari's heal on defense objectives that people here are talking about.

53 minutes ago, Beelzebabe said:

NO.

Screenshot:
xT42dfp.png

Well... like Magus Lockdown : This goes well beyond the intended use

New DE's meme for nerf.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Venari’s Healing aura affecting the Oplink.
    • The Oplink is intended to not be affected by Abilities.
  • Fixed Venari’s Healing aura affecting Defense Targets.

But why that's just inconsistant and her ability to heal defense targets is literally in the games tooltips for the ability. 

Mentioned by many already so I'll forego using quotes.

- The Umbra Forma removal just killed Railjack.  Once Scarlet Spear is over I wont even be boarding mine.  Thanks.

The only security issue here is likely more people were getting the forma than you liked.. causing Forma sales to decrease since you dont need 8 Forma on a frame that has multiple Umbral forma anymore.

- The Venari change is bogus.

You'd have thought you guys would have learned your lesson about being controls freaks on game content.

After all the complaining about abilities not working on certain mobs, status being 100% useless in any end-game scenario's....

...So you start fixing things.  Near the end of Wolf of Saturn Six you allowed abilities like Peacemaker and Landslide to work.

Changing status for boss mobs and Lich's was another good step in the right direction.

Then you jog 3 miles backwards by nerfing frame ability interaction to suit your own needs. 

Do you guys not understand this is what makes frame variety fun??!

il y a 36 minutes, Autumnatopoeia a dit :

Reread the notes. There's the oplink change you're referring to, and there's the "fix" for venari's heal on defense objectives that people here are talking about.

Maybe it heal without been marked ?

5 hours ago, LucMakai said:

So Artemis Bow is an AoE bow but Cernos Prime is not?

So "fixed" the only thing Venari's heal was good for but still no fixes for Venari stopping moving while on heal mode? If that bug at least had been fixed as well this "fix" wouldn't hurt as much.

It's not a fix, it says in her tooltip that Venari can heal defense targets.

3 hours ago, SinistralMessa said:

Alright, so the Murex missions have way too many sentients spawning now.

That sound amazing! All that sweet Intrinsics exp while we farm for Arcanes. Wish this was fix before the affinity weekend haha.

Archived