Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Patch Has A Horrible Controller Map. Pls Bring Back Toggle Sprint And Separate It From Roll.

duenor

I use the controller because I have a disability that doesn't let me use the mouse.

I also prefer the controller because I like force feedback.

After the patch:

Run is no longer RS toggle. Now if you hit RS you roll. If you hold it down, you run. In combination with the stamina system, my right thumb is already worn out just from running around a little. sliding, everything is much harder now.

Why did you do this, DE? Why not just give us a run toggle option and a roll button option? I could easily map roll to dpad right. Better yet, LEAVE THE CONTROLS THE WAY THEY WERE and add an option to map a roll button.

I spend money on this game and I can easily afford to leave this game. With hundreds of hours logged, I'm loath to but I'm not going to spend my free time struggling with controls.

This is not a threat, because I'm just one player. But this is how I honestly feel - that if this isn't fixed I'm fine with quitting - and I hope you will consider how this is affecting yoru controller using player base.

Edited by duenor

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I'm struggling so much because every time I want to run, I roll (right off edges and ledges)...

I'm trying to hold RS and push LS and turn both sticks to and move... it is really, really hard to do that while keeping RS held down the whole time... and if I let go of it for a second I suddenly stop sliding and down I go....

I use the controller because I have a disability that doesn't let me use the mouse.

Don't trust their ad — controller is way worse for your hands than keyboard + mouse (The first one will make you suffer after trying to pull a 5 hour "marathon"). Also, there is mices for your other hand/swap for simple ones.

I really appreciate your prompt response. Thank you. 

@I could just: In spite of having spent significant (hundreds) amounts of money on various equipment from mechanical keyboards to gaming trackballs and gaming keyboards, I've found that it doesn't matter. the mouse requires me to hyper extend my fingers and that's what really hurts. maybe one day they will design one that actually feels right. 

I imagine that it would look sort of like a handle. 

Edited by duenor