Jump to content

Chroma must come back as truly Draconic Master of Elements


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, PanMatter said:

So I read my Effigy conception once again and I'm not fully content with it. Because Chroma's pelt feel as nothing more than his clone and I think it should be more than this. Any ideas for more distinct Effigy, guys?

I have one, but it completely changes Effigy. 

(New) Effigy: Chroma will open his wings and start hovering the ground, attacks coming from the back are blocked just like a melee block (the wings automatically deflect them). Effects: increased movement speed of 25% (affected by strenght), bullet jumps cover 200% more distance (affected by range), glide lasts 200% more (affected by duration), increases gold pickup by 100% (not affected by strenght) and each gold pick up increases armor relative to 20% of the ammount of gold up until 500 extra armor. Costs: 25 to activate, drains 2 p/s.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PanMatter said:

So I read my Effigy conception once again and I'm not fully content with it. Because Chroma's pelt feel as nothing more than his clone and I think it should be more than this. Any ideas for more distinct Effigy, guys?

Let Effigy be cast and be toggle off while Chroma is attacking and moving and not lag/interrupt his attacking and movement. This will be cool to use it as a quick barrier while moving or used as a combo when you make effigy come out to stun them and finish them off with your melee.

Maybe make it duration based to get rid of the penalties of being energy drain ability. 

I think those ease of use might make it a bit more distinct.

Edited by Bahamutr13
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

I have one, but it completely changes Effigy. 

(New) Effigy: Chroma will open his wings and start hovering the ground, attacks coming from the back are blocked just like a melee block (the wings automatically deflect them). Effects: increased movement speed of 25% (affected by strenght), bullet jumps cover 200% more distance (affected by range), glide lasts 200% more (affected by duration), increases gold pickup by 100% (not affected by strenght) and each gold pick up increases armor relative to 20% of the ammount of gold up until 500 extra armor. Costs: 25 to activate, drains 2 p/s.

This is actually a opposite of what I want to do with Effigy, but thanks for replay. Don't get me wrong, they are actually interesting ideas, maybe a bit overpowered but I would like to keep Effigy, because it feel somewhat unique for him. 

 

9 hours ago, Bahamutr13 said:

Let Effigy be cast and be toggle off while Chroma is attacking and moving and not lag/interrupt his attacking and movement. This will be cool to use it as a quick barrier while moving or used as a combo when you make effigy come out to stun them and finish them off with your melee.

Maybe make it duration based to get rid of the penalties of being energy drain ability. 

I think those ease of use might make it a bit more distinct.

By more "distinct' I mean more distinct Effigy's abilities, not smoother use of ability. Also "used as a combo when you make effigy come out to stun them and finish them off with your melee" this was one of the reasons why stun is activated by moving Effigy. But still thanks for replay and I should be more precise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, PanMatter said:

By more "distinct' I mean more distinct Effigy's abilities, not smoother use of ability. Also "used as a combo when you make effigy come out to stun them and finish them off with your melee" this was one of the reasons why stun is activated by moving Effigy. But still thanks for replay and I should be more precise.

sorry, my bad.

Here's another list of ideas that might make it more distinct:

  • Maybe slow down effigy's dash into a normal movement speed so that it gives it the opportunity to attack and inflict statuses on enemies using its elemental breath and elemental aura while moving.
  • Add in Effigy leaves a trail of heat/frost/electric/toxin while moving.
  • Double the duration of status effect inflicted by Effigy and/or make it be 100% status chance.

Though the slower movement might get rid of the advantages of immediately moving Effigy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bahamutr13 said:

sorry, my bad.

Here's another list of ideas that might make it more distinct:

  • Maybe slow down effigy's dash into a normal movement speed so that it gives it the opportunity to attack and inflict statuses on enemies using its elemental breath and elemental aura while moving.
  • Add in Effigy leaves a trail of heat/frost/electric/toxin while moving.
  • Double the duration of status effect inflicted by Effigy and/or make it be 100% status chance.

Though the slower movement might get rid of the advantages of immediately moving Effigy.

I would like to keep dashing Effigy and idea of "trail' sounds pretty good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Once more time I edited my rework. I wanted to make Effigy more distinct from Chroma, but I could came up any ideas for it. So I decide to divide themes between these two entities: Chroma got more Master of Element theme and Effigy got more Dragon theme.

  • First ability has the most changes.
  • Second ability has some changes.
  • Third has name change, Menace and augmentation.
  • Fourth has changes in Effigy's mobility and some of its abilities.

So what are your thoughts fellow Tennos?

Edited by PanMatter
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 should be made into an exalted weapon, modability is the buff the ability needs
2 and 3 should be combined and the elemental selection should be on an in-mission selector similar to quiver and minelayer.
effigy should be moved to 3 and chroma should be given a new 4 that's similar to hildryn's except that he's a fricken flying dragon
hitting 4 while effigy is active teleports you to the effigy

as for OP, please utilize in-mission ability selectors, if Chroma is truly a chromatic dragon he should be able to change his element on the fly and not just in the orbiter.

Edited by Chronozilla
Link to post
Share on other sites

Me personally I think he needs a revisit over a rework. Here is the revisit that I would give him;

1st ability:

·       Increase the range from 10m to 15m.

·       It does continuous damage (like beam weapons) instead of damage a second.

·       By holding the fire button, you will increase its range, damage and cone spread.

·       Increase range when adding range mod to be more noticeable.

·       Chroma has a new glide animation.

·       Chroma dashes forward instead of rolling.

·       When gliding, he will temporarily sprout wings, if you stop moving you will stay in the air for 3 seconds.

·       Aiming at an enemy`s head will increase the damage.

 

2nd ability:

·       When using toxin, it will increase block angle to 90 degrees on melee weapons and Increases status chance on weapons by 30%. (remove current buff)

 

3rd ability:

·       It effects 2nd ability.

 

4th ability:

·       Pressing the ability will make it stay in one spot while holding the ability will make it move around on its own. While moving around the damage is increased but it won`t do any cc attacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Chronozilla said:

1 should be made into an exalted weapon, modability is the buff the ability needs
2 and 3 should be combined and the elemental selection should be on an in-mission selector similar to quiver and minelayer.
effigy should be moved to 3 and chroma should be given a new 4 that's similar to hildryn's except that he's a fricken flying dragon
hitting 4 while effigy is active teleports you to the effigy

as for OP, please utilize in-mission ability selectors, if Chroma is truly a chromatic dragon he should be able to change his element on the fly and not just in the orbiter.

His current 1st and 4th ability are merged in my rework. 2nd ability in my rework works a bit different and 3rd has different accumulation, so combining them in my opinion would be overpowered. Also Chroma's new 1st ability has an option to change his element and even more
 

Quote

When holded down ability: Chroma can select his (basic) element with interface similar to “Gear loadout”, which is represented by a wheel with four individual slots instead of twelve. To choose element you must click it with LMB. Cooldown of ability is 12/9/6/3 seconds.

 

Augmentation: Lord of Elements

Allows Chroma to select combined elements, by choosing two basic elements. To choose combined element you must click first element with RMB and second with LMB.

 

Edited by PanMatter
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Me personally I think he needs a revisit over a rework. Here is the revisit that I would give him;

Revisit would be fine, but I think that rework would be more suitable for Chroma. Because for now he is absolute thematic mess and additionally it's boring mess.

 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

1st ability:

·       Increase the range from 10m to 15m.

·       It does continuous damage (like beam weapons) instead of damage a second.

·       By holding the fire button, you will increase its range, damage and cone spread.

·       Increase range when adding range mod to be more noticeable.

In my earlier conceptions 1st ability was a better version of Spectral Scream, but having a 'flamethrower" that disable using of weapons is kind lame for me. So I change it to highlight his Master of Element theme. 

 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

·       Chroma has a new glide animation.

·       Chroma dashes forward instead of rolling.

·       When gliding, he will temporarily sprout wings, if you stop moving you will stay in the air for 3 seconds.

Add to new set of animations a better textures for Prime Details and I am sold.

 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

2nd ability:

·       When using toxin, it will increase block angle to 90 degrees on melee weapons and Increases status chance on weapons by 30%. (remove current buff)

His 2nd is good ability, but a bit of work does not harm it. Also toxin are weird element.

 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

3rd ability:

·       It effects 2nd ability.

 

Chroma's best ability, his crème de la crème. Forces you stay in one place and get beat up by enemies, which destroy flow of game or kamikaze yourself into boss, which is the stupidest thing in a world.

 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

4th ability:

·       Pressing the ability will make it stay in one spot while holding the ability will make it move around on its own. While moving around the damage is increased but it won`t do any cc attacks.

This would make Effigy more functional, but I would like to make him an actual dragon-part of Chroma. Like its breath actually melt enemies, it can follow you or guard a target and it's useful for allies too.

 

Also Chroma needs real passive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-31 at 3:01 PM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Only problem, Chroma is nowhere near based off a dragon

Did you watch 2015 Tennolive? I guess you weren't around back then. His literal title was Dragon Frame.

Spectral Scream: Dragon's Breath

Effigy: Dragon's Breath with Wings

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything sounds amazing until i get to Effigy. First of all, i just hate this ability (hear me out). It's a good ability, but it just holds hes theme back a lot.

Here is my take on hes 4th ability if i were to rework it: Combine it with hes first (like you said, that's fine). But there's a catch here: He only sheds hes pelt if the players holds the ability. If he 1taps it, instead he will start to fly (much like Hildryin) and breathe elemental storm on hes enemies. (Yes, i like a more fantasy oriented Chroma).

Also, change hes Sentry to a duration based ability instead of energy drain.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m3stuart said:

Everything sounds amazing until i get to Effigy. First of all, i just hate this ability (hear me out). It's a good ability, but it just holds hes theme back a lot.

Here is my take on hes 4th ability if i were to rework it: Combine it with hes first (like you said, that's fine). But there's a catch here: He only sheds hes pelt if the players holds the ability. If he 1taps it, instead he will start to fly (much like Hildryin) and breathe elemental storm on hes enemies. (Yes, i like a more fantasy oriented Chroma).

Also, change hes Sentry to a duration based ability instead of energy drain.

You'll like the last skill I made into my Chroma rework. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

His normal frame's effigy doesn't resemble a dragon, more a flying insect.

But apparently his THEME is a dragon. Back then DE didn't have enough manpower and budget to deliver quality designs like we see today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

But apparently his THEME is a dragon. Back then DE didn't have enough manpower and budget to deliver quality designs like we see today.

I still don't see a dragon theme, so agree to disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

I still don't see a dragon theme, so agree to disagree.

Elemental Breath, Increased Credit drops based on that Dragons are greedy creatures and loves to hoard treasures, Dragons getting more powerful the angrier or the more pain they get (Vex Armor). Is that enough for you? 

Edited by DrivaMain
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey fun fact but chromas first ability can actually deal decent damage with fire.. give it enemy level damage scaling and it would be fine. Currently you can channel his first and use melee, which is actually pretty good. So ya just buff it a bit and its very good, keep the elemental breath. Chroma slayed the dragon and now uses its powers.

I like the idea of his 2 giving elemental damage to weapons however.. i do like your buff stats better than current.

3.. is good as is currently ingame, no rework needed.

4 is good, tho exaulted not needed, just have it copy chromas mods and of course provide buffs from chromas 2 and 3 to teammates.

 

Currently chroma is a good frame. He needs mostly minor changes.

 

Also not keen on renaming everything.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Elemental Breath, Increased Credit drops based on that Dragons are greedy creatures and loves to hoard treasures, Dragons getting more powerful the angrier or the more pain they get (Vex Armor). Is that enough for you? 

Nope, I still just see him as a run of the mill elemental.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Hey fun fact but chromas first ability can actually deal decent damage with fire.. give it enemy level damage scaling and it would be fine. Currently you can channel his first and use melee, which is actually pretty good. So ya just buff it a bit and its very good, keep the elemental breath. Chroma slayed the dragon and now uses its powers.

I love how every good future in Chroma is somehow a bug. And I just think that Effigy breathing by your side is more practical than doing it by yourself. You attack enemy with your own weapon and additionally Effigy attack other with its breath, it just double firepower.

 

11 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

I like the idea of his 2 giving elemental damage to weapons however.. i do like your buff stats better than current.

Thanks, I always thought that Chroma as Master of Elements needs better representation of this part of his theme.

 

11 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

3.. is good as is currently ingame, no rework needed.

Yeah, it's good but I think that it could be a bit better.

 

11 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

4 is good, tho exaulted not needed, just have it copy chromas mods and of course provide buffs from chromas 2 and 3 to teammates.

Right now it's pretty situational, plus vision of modding Effigy is too fun in my opinion to not include it. 

 

11 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Currently chroma is a good frame. He needs mostly minor changes.

Yes, Chroma is a good frame, but he's also very boring one. Basically dead brain one-trick-pony, which fell more like Roomba with damage buff than Dragon/Master of Elements Frame.

 

11 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Also not keen on renaming everything.

Understandable

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PanMatter said:

Yes, Chroma is a good frame, but he's also very boring one. Basically dead brain one-trick-pony

To be fair most older frames are like this.

Inaros, Frost, Ash, 

As well as some stronger frames

Mesa, Saryn

 

Its all either spam gun/melee or spam ability.

 

It might just be how i play but i like putting effigy down, starting scream and then going ham with melee. Literally fire everywhere.

I wish the other elements were as good, but thats a needed change to how fire, frost, shock, poison work.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, m3stuart said:

Everything sounds amazing until i get to Effigy. First of all, i just hate this ability (hear me out). It's a good ability, but it just holds hes theme back a lot.

Here is my take on hes 4th ability if i were to rework it: Combine it with hes first (like you said, that's fine). But there's a catch here: He only sheds hes pelt if the players holds the ability. If he 1taps it, instead he will start to fly (much like Hildryin) and breathe elemental storm on hes enemies. (Yes, i like a more fantasy oriented Chroma).

Also, change hes Sentry to a duration based ability instead of energy drain.

So, I see that similar to many people you aren't fan of Effigy and idea of "Dragon Form" for Chroma is more appealing to you. Earlier @(XB1)XG1anBl4derX proposed more detailed version of "Dragon From" for Chroma. Now I am more willing to incorporate "Dragon From" in my rework but I don't know how.
Right now I have to options: combining 2nd ability with 1st or 3rd, or I could stretch definition of augment mods to maximum and make "Dragon Form" one for his 4th. So what do you think would work better?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

To be fair most older frames are like this.

Inaros, Frost, Ash, 

Well, things get older with passing time. 

 

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

As well as some stronger frames

Mesa, Saryn

 

Its all either spam gun/melee or spam ability.

I cannot describe how I hate those two Frames, because they are almost in every Warframe related media. Like when I open Twitter or Reddit and almost everytime what I see is goddamn art or fashionframe of Mesa, Saryn and Wisp, which it's a quite unpopular opinion, due to her support role. Right now we have 42 Frames and community limiting itself to only 3 of them. It just... UAGH!!!

 

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

It might just be how i play but i like putting effigy down, starting scream and then going ham with melee. Literally fire everywhere.

I wish the other elements were as good, but thats a needed change to how fire, frost, shock, poison work.

That sound fun

Edited by PanMatter
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...