Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma must come back as truly Draconic Master of Elements

PanMatter

11 hours ago, PanMatter said:

cannot describe how I hate those two Frames, because they are almost in every Warframe related media. Like when I open Twitter or Reddit and almost everytime what I see is goddamn art or fashionframe of Mesa, Saryn and Wisp, which it's a quite unpopular opinion, due to her support role. Right now we have 42 Frames and community limiting itself to only 3 of them. It just... UAGH!!!

i find the obsession of these frames obviously hypersexulized features extremely annoying as well.

Mostly because there are not any male frames who have received the same treatment. Kinda tired of the obvious pandering to sell.

On 2020-04-29 at 8:23 PM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

His normal frame's effigy doesn't resemble a dragon, more a flying insect.

That "normal" effigy you see use to be the alternative skin. This is why I say you should look into your history. Watch Tennolive 2015. It'll educate ya a little on the history of warframe and bring in some fun "Oh that's where that started" moments

18 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

i find the obsession of these frames obviously hypersexulized features extremely annoying as well.

Mostly because there are not any male frames who have received the same treatment. Kinda tired of the obvious pandering to sell.

Honestly I don't even care about hypersexulization, I just want see other Frames in media than those 3. Beacause it just frustraiting, seeing the same Frames over and over.

On 2020-04-30 at 1:47 PM, PanMatter said:

So, I see that similar to many people you aren't fan of Effigy and idea of "Dragon Form" for Chroma is more appealing to you. Earlier @(XB1)XG1anBl4derX proposed more detailed version of "Dragon From" for Chroma. Now I am more willing to incorporate "Dragon From" in my rework but I don't know how.
Right now I have to options: combining 2nd ability with 1st or 3rd, or I could stretch definition of augment mods to maximum and make "Dragon Form" one for his 4th. So what do you think would work better?

I have a suggestion on how to implement the dragon form: the passive. 

Maybe you can workaround that idea using the passive. Strong passives can really make a WF something else in the game.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

I have a suggestion on how to implement the dragon form: the passive. 

Maybe you can workaround that idea using the passive. Strong passives can really make a WF something else in the game.

I can't see how it could be incorporated as passive. Could you be more specific how it would work? After all "Dragon From", which change a bit playstyle of Chroma doesn't sound like passive at all.

1 hour ago, PanMatter said:

I can't see how it could be incorporated as passive. Could you be more specific how it would work? After all "Dragon From", which change a bit playstyle of Chroma doesn't sound like passive at all.

Passive - The Dragon Sin (I like impactful names): Chroma has a rage meter on the bottom right corner of the UI, it goes up by 5% for every enemy killed by him and raises with damage taken to health with 1->5% conversion (every 1% health lost, 5% more rage). When the meter is at 100% Chroma goes on a rampage with his open wings that lasts 20s. Every time the meter reaches 0, Chroma gets 1 Wrath stack (up to 100), each stack increases Rampage duration by 1s (to a max of 120s).

Rampage bonus: +25% movement speed (new animation, you hover above the ground instead of walking), +100% glide duration and speed, +50% strenght (multiplicative, you can decrease something else in his kit if you feel like it, so it doesn't become overpowered).

None of these above is affected by any kind of mod (so it doesn't create loops, or stupidly high numbers). 

Alternate animation at 100 stacks: Chroma assumes a dragon stance, if you're with melee equipped he will hold it on his shoulders (look at Guts using Berserker armor for reference).

3 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Passive - The Dragon Sin (I like impactful names): Chroma has a rage meter on the bottom right corner of the UI, it goes up by 5% for every enemy killed by him and raises with damage taken to health with 1->5% conversion (every 1% health lost, 5% more rage). When the meter is at 100% Chroma goes on a rampage with his open wings that lasts 20s. Every time the meter reaches 0, Chroma gets 1 Wrath stack (up to 100), each stack increases Rampage duration by 1s (to a max of 120s).

Rampage bonus: +25% movement speed (new animation, you hover above the ground instead of walking), +100% glide duration and speed, +50% strenght (multiplicative, you can decrease something else in his kit if you feel like it, so it doesn't become overpowered).

None of these above is affected by any kind of mod (so it doesn't create loops, or stupidly high numbers). 

Alternate animation at 100 stacks: Chroma assumes a dragon stance, if you're with melee equipped he will hold it on his shoulders (look at Guts using Berserker armor for reference).

Honestly it's interesting but I feel it would make Chroma, a bit overpowered (because he already have a lot of stuff). Also I would like have more control over "Dragon Form", so I prefer it as active ability. And here I had problem, because I didn't know how make additional slot of ability. I was thinking about merging 1st and 2nd, because 1st ability of Warframe is usually a quite simple one. Later I had an idea of making his 2nd or 3rd as his new passive, but I didn't have idea how implement them in balanced way. So "Dragon Form" as augumentation for 4th is my best shot right now. Plus now I am thinking on new passive. 

Area-of-effect is back to 2nd ability and 1st have a something different in exchange. And thanks to feedback I came up with some kind of compromise about Chroma's 4th ability, it might be intresting for you if you are fan of "Dragon Form" for Chroma.
As always what do you think about changes? 

So I am following this thread for some time and I think it's interesting, but the passive seems kinda generic to me. I think maybe you could incorporate more of the sentient aspect that Chroma gains from Effigy and give him something like adaptation that reduces damage to max of 20%.

you know what i wish was a thing? That chroma could actually be a dragon.. Like, titania is the archwing warframe, and chroma would be like the railjack warframe lmao

sadly it'd be way too impractical

But grafted effigy would make me instantly play chroma. Beats trying to not get constantly animation locked into a wall with zephyr 

On 2020-05-11 at 10:37 PM, Janek9025 said:

So I am following this thread for some time and I think it's interesting, but the passive seems kinda generic to me. I think maybe you could incorporate more of the sentient aspect that Chroma gains from Effigy and give him something like adaptation that reduces damage to max of 20%.

Yeah it could be good as new passive but I think I will experiment with elemental buffs from his 2nd ability as his new passive

Hello everyone, I believe this is last changes I make in my rework, because I am finally content how its looks (but who knows).

I changed passive, which now reminds second effect of my previous 2nd ability and that also means also a small changes in mentioned above ability. And finally I tweaked math in 3rd ability, which I think works better and is a bit more balanced.

What do you think about changes? Share your thoughts on them.

• 1 month later...

I recently observed a bit of a comeback of Chroma's rework. So as our favorite necrophile Necros I desecrated this dead thread with my rework and once again I changed math in it. Main changes has been made in calculation of 1st and 3rd ability. Which made 1st ability even more offensive and 3rd is more focused on tankiness.

As always what do you think?

Archived