Operation: Scarlet Spear: Titania Prime 27.3.7

Design to nerf Venari ability despite being intended to serve as support is kinda as outrageous as it's equally pathetic. 

I am person who mains Khora,she's an amazing frame who dose amazing job in 98% of game content given one willing to invest in her huge amount since to get to that point take more resource then any other frame,  do you think I use her in  SS ? I don't, she's useless there, yeah 50/s is great feature but think am i going to bother with 50/s and dangledome when i can use any , I say ANY frame which will provide 100% DR / invincibility  to oplink. Go play your own game with your own frame which you add. 

I solo 17 waves with Gara ( she's amazing yes)

I can solo 17 waves with Limbo

Let me tell you how Venari ability WAS used before - Kuva survival, when you solo and 1+ h in doing your comfi kuva gains to roll "that" riven, you start to notice that a second of lost CC will cause 90% of the kuva pump health drop, this is where Venari comes in handy and shines. 

Reverse this "fix"  and apologies for your childish behavior and frankly damage control over nothing, I will say this again - nothing. 

You introduce gamemode which is fun when it's works, but you not only do not  provide reason to grind for it (yeah i made 60k and don't play in SS because i have weapon and similacrum room bought) you also come up with weird things like Khora nerf on an empty space.

Why ?

Edited by spicyframe420
  • Like 9

It's not quite right to call a game mechanic they forgot about (being used in the intended way, no less) an exploit. Even more so after having to admit to lying in the same post.

Now lets just hope they forget about vazarin when "reworking" how protective skills affect defense targets.

Edited by Harachteh
  • Like 6

Can we please get a full reward list already?

Cause Im kinda tired and loosing all my motivation to play this event to just hoard scarlet points, cause I cant see with my eyes, what am I doing this for

• Like 2
3 hours ago, xHeretic said:

oplink it's healed through the oplink reinforcement

And here's the reason. They probably wanted people with too many credits to use this pointless cred sink more, but with enemy damage scaling, your uplinks are either fine without a pathetic heal of 500 HP or they're losing HP so fast that no 500HP heal will ever matter. Either way, it was not designed well and now they're waving a nerfhammer around to "fix" that. Typical. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, most of us really jumped it when they saw you branding the nerf a "fix". Dear DE, this whole event is a mess, and nerfing warframes, especially the actually useless(in current event) ones, is kind of a very unecessary move.
Why not just use the Burried Debts route, if you want to make the Objective Defence into a challenge so bloody much?
Or options, presented above by other players?
You guys realy show that you got outa touch with players and the game itself. It may be not true, as I know how much time bug fixing actually takes.
However, I reccomend you playing your own game a bit more, without developer tools and scripts. Mostly Railjack, this Event, and maybe Eidolon hunting. Cuz you made some really upsetting changes. The whole array of Host-Client bugs is really due to be fixed(including weapons not working as a Client, like the Arca Titron case). The whole Squad Link system being more of a burden, than a feature - IMHO, you should never force people to work together, make teamwork META instead, like you managed on Disruptions and Defections(thanks to Vauban's speed pad rectifying your badly-coded AI there). And the Self Knockback on Operator.......just why? Kind of useless, if you think of it. You made it more of annoyance than the actual gameplay obstacle. Just remove it and prolong the recharge time or something. Oh, and the good ol' grind. I get that you want the arcanes to be a bit harder to get, but why not just raise their prices, instead of giving us such small amounts of points? It's very perplexing, especially considering that we still don't have any Gold or Platinum arcanes. We all came for the Grace and Energise here.

Overall, this all really looks bad, and I personally think that you should look at this mess and really listen to the feedback. Taking such dicey decisions, as the ones you did right now, IMHO kinda scares away the playerbase, and thus, the potential profit.

• Like 7
vor 11 Stunden schrieb MarrikBroom:

Put a two meter nully buble around the oplink. Or even a meter bubble. Ther you go tophat b gone.

Oh god, please not. The fact that you can afk it at least makes the event somewhat bearable. Especially as the higher arcanes will be hidden behind a massive grindwall.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

We made a hasty change in Hotfix 27.3.6 that removed Venari’s Heal aura from affecting Oplinks AND Defense Targets. Firstly, the terminology of calling Venari’s Defense Target healing a ‘fix’ was incorrect, so apologies there on my behalf. It’s correct to say it was a feature for Venari, considering it had its own Tip for it! The change stemmed from our desire to resolve Operation exploits as quickly as possible, and we didn't communicate this properly.

We’re doing a deeper review on abilities that heal Defense Targets that we can speak to in the coming days.

Apologies as well for the late reply on this topic. We’ll update everyone when we’ve dug deeper and have an action plan.

You really should play the game more. This was never an "exploit". You changed the health of the condrix that is easier to kill, therefore it is taking less time to complete a mission and then remove the ability to heal the oplink. That was never a problem to get fast ground missions. 

Also just nerf the redeemer for the sake of the event and then reduce the health that it is just as before the nerf. I don´t like this.

Edited by -EGT-Goku
  • Like 2
vor 3 Stunden schrieb spicyframe420:

Design to nerf Venari ability despite being intended to serve as support is kinda as outrageous as it's equally pathetic. 

I am person who mains Khora,she's an amazing frame who dose amazing job in 98% of game content given one willing to invest in her huge amount since to get to that point take more resource then any other frame,  do you think I use her in  SS ? I don't, she's useless there, yeah 50/s is great feature but think am i going to bother with 50/s and dangledome when i can use any , I say ANY frame which will provide 100% DR / invincibility  to oplink. Go play your own game with your own frame which you add. 

I solo 17 waves with Gara ( she's amazing yes)

I can solo 17 waves with Limbo

Let me tell you how Venari ability WAS used before - Kuva survival, when you solo and 1+ h in doing your comfi kuva gains to roll "that" riven, you start to notice that a second of lost CC will cause 90% of the kuva pump health drop, this is where Venari comes in handy and shines. 

Reverse this "fix"  and apologies for your childish behavior and frankly damage control over nothing, I will say this again - nothing. 

You introduce gamemode which is fun when it's works, but you not only do not  provide reason to grind for it (yeah i made 60k and don't play in SS because i have weapon and similacrum room bought) you also come up with weird things like Khora nerf on an empty space.

Why ?

Thank you for this words. I can just fully agree. Never used khora in SS and i am also a khora main. The nerf is just not necessary. They don´t play their own game. They also nerfed redeemer because of the event. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We made a hasty change in Hotfix 27.3.6 that removed Venari’s Heal aura from affecting Oplinks AND Defense Targets. Firstly, the terminology of calling Venari’s Defense Target healing a ‘fix’ was incorrect, so apologies there on my behalf. It’s correct to say it was a feature for Venari, considering it had its own Tip for it! The change stemmed from our desire to resolve Operation exploits as quickly as possible, and we didn't communicate this properly.

We’re doing a deeper review on abilities that heal Defense Targets that we can speak to in the coming days.

Apologies as well for the late reply on this topic. We’ll update everyone when we’ve dug deeper and have an action plan.

LOL, a desire to "resolve exploits" by removing an intended game mechanic and calling it a "fix".

This is pathetic and you should be ashamed to be typing these words. I can only hope the many other replies here already told you of this but I'll put my 2 cents in anyway. 

Of course I know you've gone out of your way to lie, berate, and gaslight your players before. So I don't expect to see any real changes. Just another day of DE being DE.

• Like 3

I did 7 Condrix and crashed. I have no idea how many credits (time and sanity) i lost so far due to crashes. Add the missed Shedu Handle to that. I am not pleased.

There are so many things wrong with the mission design, the conditions around when you are allowed to play. The mission length and the reward mechanic. This just doesn't feel right, nor rewarding! It is not even difficult to play this mission...it's just that it is so mind bogglingly boring and repetetive. If you would at least get the Shedu after playing it for hours...but well, thermia fractures weren't exciting either. What did I expect.

Btw, the Internet is not great in corona-times. At least here it is crawlingly slow 80% of the day. Playing this mission solo takes even longer. Please consider that when you design the next event etc. and add more focus to solo-playability.

• Like 2

They should buff solo play during this event.  Make it slightly less efficient than doing co-op.

It would make reaching 100/100 a lot easier, especially during dead hours.

You start out as a group, and then you split up towards crunch time if the relay needs it

vor 17 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Hey DE, that happenes if you dont play your game (at least it looks exactly like this). No wonder you have to rely on nerfing/balancing things like weapons, rivens and arcanes based on usage instead of using common sense. This attitude of your developer or gameplay designers are baffling me.

I mean calling intended abilities exploits? Really? Whats next? Use a weapon to kill an enemy ìs exploiting as well?  They only reaseon players are looking for bypassing the state of grind is unfun and stale gameplay designs. Make it fun to play your game, enhance the core mechanics (which attracted me to Warframe btw instead of these fancy space ship drama) but it seems fun isnt allowed here in Warframe anymore.

Do yourself a favour and stop with the rushed updates for the sake of beeing rushed. It hurts your reputation even more in a long run. I mean look at the past patches and how much goodwill you burned already. And those changes are like throwing gasoline into an already existing fire...

Edited by ValinorAtani
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Why do I get the feeling that "review" is just a euphemism for nerfs...

• Like 3
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Reifnir:

And here's the reason. They probably wanted people with too many credits to use this pointless cred sink more, but with enemy damage scaling, your uplinks are either fine without a pathetic heal of 500 HP or they're losing HP so fast that no 500HP heal will ever matter. Either way, it was not designed well and now they're waving a nerfhammer around to "fix" that. Typical. 

Not to mention, OpLink Reinforcing doesn't even give rewards, so doing that is completely optional - as in DON'T DO IT.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb MarrikBroom:

Put a two meter nully buble around the oplink. Or even a meter bubble. Ther you go tophat b gone.

And then you break Frost, gg.

26 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Elite shield lancers, battalyst disco ball and symbolyst lasers already ignore frosts bubble so why not?

They don't ignore Limbo bubbles (with the possible exception of the disco balls, which sounds like a bug to me). I really don't think you want Limbo to become completely useless...

1 hour ago, Cyanide2018 said:

They don't ignore Limbo bubbles (with the possible exception of the disco balls, which sounds like a bug to me). I really don't think you want Limbo to become completely useless...

you dont know what i want

🔥everything burns🔥

On 2020-04-01 at 12:33 PM, FUBAR-BDHR said:

You could try finding a group doing the same planet.  Lich will show as long as the mission is controlled by the lich.

No need. It's been fixed. All Lich Defection missions are Exterminate missions now.

11 hours ago, Tahata said:

saying something that works as intended needs to be "fixed" because its a "bug" or an "exploit".

I hope this was more clear.

No no, you were fine. I took "De nerfs things with the idea of build diversity" and said THAT idea is a nice one, if they do it correctly. But as they're handling it now, it just strips what's unique from warframes (like limbo, khora etc.). I had no issue with your post, I actually agree.

10 hours ago, xHeretic said:

OPLINK is an exception and has always been

And that's fine, the issue I (and most others) have, is DE nerfing it across the board and saying "this was a bug" instead of nerfing it specifically for OPlink and stating "that was a bug". Which is why I said DE has lack of foresight until it gets point blank, right in their face, then they realize it's a thing and instead of carefully changing it to not work for OPlinks, they just knee-jerk reaction it and clear the table.  The other issue I have with it is, instead of making a mechanic that has you spend credits to heal, why not plan ahead for frames with abilities such as venari to heal it?   It's like how fortuna is with thermia fractures vs limbo, he can't put cataclysm anywhere due to null bubbles, making him effectively useless there except in niche circumstances.

With this change to venari, the one thing khora had besides her whip going for her in this event, they've removed her from the equation entirely, since enemies are immune to her 2 & 4. 

Just a shame DE makes all these interesting and neat abilities, then makes enemies completely immune to them, instead of resistant. Because it then removes so many frames/weapons from the equation of being 'useful' and makes it so players mainly use a handful of frames for certain events. Then DE wonders why we have 'meta', because they push players into a corner to do so, then get mad at us for using it, when it's their fault. If they want to fix it, they need to start designing new (and going back and upgrading old) content to utilize our abilities more, instead of hindering us. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

No no, you were fine. I took "De nerfs things with the idea of build diversity" and said THAT idea is a nice one, if they do it correctly. But as they're handling it now, it just strips what's unique from warframes (like limbo, khora etc.). I had no issue with your post, I actually agree.

And that's fine, the issue I (and most others) have, is DE nerfing it across the board and saying "this was a bug" instead of nerfing it specifically for OPlink and stating "that was a bug". Which is why I said DE has lack of foresight until it gets point blank, right in their face, then they realize it's a thing and instead of carefully changing it to not work for OPlinks, they just knee-jerk reaction it and clear the table.  The other issue I have with it is, instead of making a mechanic that has you spend credits to heal, why not plan ahead for frames with abilities such as venari to heal it?   It's like how fortuna is with thermia fractures vs limbo, he can't put cataclysm anywhere due to null bubbles, making him effectively useless there except in niche circumstances.

With this change to venari, the one thing khora had besides her whip going for her in this event, they've removed her from the equation entirely, since enemies are immune to her 2 & 4. 

Just a shame DE makes all these interesting and neat abilities, then makes enemies completely immune to them, instead of resistant. Because it then removes so many frames/weapons from the equation of being 'useful' and makes it so players mainly use a handful of frames for certain events. Then DE wonders why we have 'meta', because they push players into a corner to do so, then get mad at us for using it, when it's their fault. If they want to fix it, they need to start designing new (and going back and upgrading old) content to utilize our abilities more, instead of hindering us. 

Bravo! DE keeps us from being incentive up to and including calling these behaviors exploits as if it is OUR fault. Then acts confused a meta pops up and even more confused that wegenerally hate meta or nothing attitudes.

• Like 1